The Iron Lady (1 Viewer)

gardinerj

HSC
So who has seen it? What do we all think?

For what it is worth i was a little disappointed with it. I have no problem (as some admirers do) with the focus on Lady Thatcher's fragile state, but rather the fact that the flashback approach does little to delve into who the woman was before she lost power. If someone was to make a movie on Lady Thatcher again (which i hope they do), hopefully they will take the approach of a movie such as 'The Queen'. 'The Queen' succeeds as it delves right into the heart of her majesty's moral and emotional outlook by focusing on one particular period in the Queen's life rather than trying to cover it all.

Having completed my Ext History project on Maggie, and thus knowing a fair bit about her whole life, i may be being a little too critical. It is a solid movie with Meryl Streep brilliant as the lead, and i would recommend it to everyone for its historical value alone.

Lentern

HSC
Was a sufficiently interesting and well written movie, pretty nasty the way they portrayed Thatcher, I imagine her life is currently hard enough already without a movie throwing her declining mental state back in her face but from an artistic point of you it was fine.

Edit: FTR my avatar is not perceived to show support for Thatcher I intensely dislike her, it is a reference to a former member of BOS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)