Dark Knight Rises! (1 Viewer)

Twinkie_Me

HSC
So this movie was a blast.

But professionally and especially coming from Nolan, it fell short from brilliance.

Plot holes, voices and some of the revelations was much to my dismay.

But on the other side, set pieces were epic, acting was brilliant, bane is magnificent and that first fight scene between Bane and Batman was beautiful.
Not to mention Han Zimmer's score.

So yeah, it's no masterpiece but I am looking forward to watch it again on IMAX.

What do you guys reckon?

deloving

HSC
Overall amazing, but not "Dark Knight standard". I especially hated all the new characters they put in (except Blake aka Gordon-Levitt, of course). Music as expected was brilliant. Although in some scenes I didn't quiet agree with the music choice...? Apart from that, it's an amazing finale to an even better trilogy.

starshine02

HSC
I loved the movie! But yes there were a few flaws in it. I sort of expected a bit more but maybe that was just from all the hype going on around it. The score was lovely!

deloving

HSC
I loved the movie! But yes there were a few flaws in it. I sort of expected a bit more but maybe that was just from all the hype going on around it. The score was lovely!
The expectations were really high... it's really hard to top a movie like Dark Knight.

Memento-mori

HSC
I loved it, 10/10, top 30ish of all time (personal favourites, not the greatest). Completely minor problems I had are: the sound (Bane's voice was a bit too muffled) and the one too many deus ex machina (always a signature Nolan flaw, but I didn't mind it). It had the signature psychology of the Dark Knight Rises, reminded me of Aliens (slow build up, complete bang in the finale). Still one of the -best- movie going experiences I've ever had. Also, it's not political, pro-capitalist at all. The thing is that all of Gotham's problems are the RESULT of corruption, where the rich neglect the problems of the poor. If anyone actually listened to any of the films in the trilogy, the villians are able to fester because of corruption. Bane is an interesting villian, and people have simplified his cause. Just because he supports the poor doesn't mean the film attacks the poor, or the Occupy Wall Street movement. If a political theisis was to be made out of the film, is that rebellion, vigilante behaviour is born out of corruption and inequality. *finishes rant* Hopefully I can see it again, if not DVD. I love Christopher Nolan, I'd rank his films like this (in terms of quality): Memento (10/10), The Dark Knight (10/10), The Dark Knight Rises (10/10), The Prestige, Inception, Following, Batman Begins and Insomnia.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Loved Dark Knight Rises but i still reckon the Dark Knight is way better, one of the reasons being the Joker and how fabulous he was lol
nevertheless this movie was still pretty hectic
and anne hathaway is hot

seanieg89

HSC
Loved Dark Knight Rises but i still reckon the Dark Knight is way better, one of the reasons being the Joker and how fabulous he was lol
nevertheless this movie was still pretty hectic
and anne hathaway is hot
+1 on all counts.

xdosha

HSC
It was so good!

I think that batman should've died in the end, to add a better climax to the movie, overall it was fantastic :)

raditude

HSC
OMGosh!!!!! this movie was amazinggg! but not as good as Avengers because they had so many sexy actors! loll! :p

BrokenGlass

HSC
Overall amazing, but not "Dark Knight standard". I especially hated all the new characters they put in (except Blake aka Gordon-Levitt, of course). .
IMHO, TDKR was by all means a better 'Batman' movie - wheras TDK was a better 'hit' movie.
This is why I get really annoyed when everyone compares Rises to Dark Knight. If you think about it - TDK was a great movie - great villain (Ledger - Joker), great plot twists, etc. But as a 'Batman' movie, it was quite chaotic with not much depth at all, coming not even close to Begins or Rises.

Just my 2 cents...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)