The Hobbit (1 Viewer)

hippiemansam

HSC
What did people think of the movie?

I gave it 2 stars out of 5.

Andy Serkis as Gollum stole the entire film. The Riddles in the Dark chapter was done fantastically well. The rest of the scenes were just so disappointing, Jackson's adaptation of the story was as pitiful as it was in The Lord of the Rings. He does Tolkien's work no justice.

The overuse of special effects (sometimes in unrealistic scenarios) was disgraceful, and it just went on for way too long.

Jackson's film bored me rigid; as a lover of Tolkien, it broke my heart.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Andy Serkis as Gollum stole the entire film. The Riddles in the Dark chapter was done fantastically well. The rest of the scenes were just so disappointing, Jackson's adaptation of the story was as pitiful as it was in The Lord of the Rings. He does Tolkien's work no justice.

The overuse of special effects (sometimes in unrealistic scenarios) was disgraceful, and it just went on for way too long.

It was quite disgraceful.... as usual, the novel reigns superior.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It was quite disgraceful.... as usual, the novel reigns superior.
That just reeks of pretension. The film was a solid, if overly lengthy, version of the book. It certainly has its flaws, but it's in no means a disgrace.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

I thought the lotr movies were great tbh

Constantine

HSC
Tbh it's quite enjoyable, but there's no doubt that Jackson did a much better job with Lord of the Rings than The Hobbit.
I agree with the film being dragged out for too long. Back in 2012 a friend of mine thought The Hobbit was just going to be one extremely long film and was shocked to find out that it's actually split into three parts. We both agree that if the film was more closely adapted from the book spiting it into two parts would've more than enough. Also it just feels too commercial like, with the additional characters and all.

Nevertheless it's an above average work.

mesbahuddin

HSC
Are you talking about Hobbit 1 or Hobbit 2. I think Hobbit 2 is far better than Hobbit 1. But i am a great fan of fiction movies. So i will give it 3.5 out of 5.

rotorcowboy

HSC
Uni Grad
AWESOME Movie (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey) Thats about all u can say bout this movie...If the other 2 are like this Im in for a treat.....Plenty of action and good story...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)