The Animatrix (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Has anyone seen these?

How incredible are they! I loved Program... and the others look great too. The full trailer (4:30) gives a spectacular overview of them all. I'm not normally a fan of cartoons, but I think this mixture of Japanese anime with the Matrix world has turned out to be a stunningly powerful combination. Short and extremely sweet.

I'm going to have to see Dreamcatcher now just so I can catch a glimpse of Final Flight of the Osiris.

www.theanimatrix.com

tekster

HSC
N/A
I've seen The Second Renaissance - PART I and Program as well. These cartoons rock as a lead up to the release of Matrix Reloaded.

Hmm.. wonder if Final Flight of Osiris is on Kazaa.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i've seen it. my bros got a copy of it.. he downloaded it. pretty sick hey?

but yeah i reckon final fantasy was better, better quality and it looked more realistic

Huy

HSC
N/A
just my two cents,

the only great ones were final flight ... and program
matriculated and beyond look pretty good too,

i saw detective story yesterday and it was pretty boring (maybe it was just the film noir/b&w that did it)

cough 'animatrix - the final flight of the osiris - xvid.avi' 140mb :rolleyes: :p

Last edited:

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
omg where have you guys seen it

i downloaded the trailer and because the domain and my comp so fast i didn't realise how big it was... and i hate capped internet

tekster

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
cough 'animatrix - the final flight of the osiris - xvid.avi' 140mb :rolleyes: :p [/B]
Hmm.. looks like I'll be downloading this tonight.
Anyway, I really wanna watch The Second Renaissance - PART II to see the war between the humans and machines.

:chainsaw:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by mlagana
i downloaded the trailer and because the domain and my comp so fast i didn't realise how big it was... and i hate capped internet
go 56k!! hahaah yeah my bro left it downloading for a whole day or maybe a lil more with getright!

Rahul

Dead Member
hmmm i am confused....

final flight of orisis is from the makers of matrix, the whole 11 min thing can be seen before dreamcatcher. okay i know this much!

where have these other animatrix moviz come from??!??!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
There are nine Animatrix episodes in total.

Four of them were written by the Wachowski brothers (who wrote the Matrix films) - one of which is Final Flight of the Osiris. The other five were written by the anime people themselves, under the supervision of the brothers.

All nine will be released on a DVD in June. You can download four of them from the Animatrix website: www.theanimatrix.com

ellipsis

HSC
I want to see the Animatrix...but they are too big, my crappy internet connection won't handle it.

Does anyone know if Dreamcatcher is worth seeing ? All the ads seem to concentrate on the animatrix prelude (yay for that but) and when they get to talking about the movie they just go 'Stephen King' and play creepy music. But then will it be good creepy which is rare, or bad blair-witch project kinda fakeness ?

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
i saw dreamcatcher pretty much to see the osiris. The osiris was absolutely stunning and should definately be seen on the big screen, the only problem is that dreamcatcher is a really shite movie

The other 3 ones are all available on the net and are all worth the download and you can grab the small versions if you are on 56.

esquared

HSC
The Animatrix eps are awesome.. although I seem to be the only one who loved Detective Story
For dialup peeps, leave it overnight or gat a mate to burn it for ya :) dont compromise and get the small version :p

1 more

fructis
HSC
I am amazed i actually can contribute to this discussion!
I saw some of what seemed like the detective one on Entertainment Tonight, but as is characteristic of the program, they only played about 0.2 seconds of it. I was extremely intrigued, and thought it looked very beautifully done. hmm I *would* download it, but I also have a verrrrry slow computer.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I really liked the detective story one too. :)

If you see me at uni, remind me to burn them for you.

trinity

I saw it today and it was good- i haven't seen any of the others but I was really impressed by the animation!:D
But the dreamcatcher was REALLY BAD! But the trailer for the Matrix reloaded was on so it was all good!

YAY:D

tigerboi

peanut butter jelly time!
HSC
Ive also seen The second renaissance and the program also the flight to orsius, its a great collaboration of martial arts and digital imaging.

:argue:

tekster

HSC
N/A
Just came back from watching Dreamcatcher. Man.. that movie is weird as.. well, I guess that's what you expect from Stephen King.

Anyway. The Final Flight of Osiris was way awesome. (slicing clothes scene.. lol) Has anyone seen the final trailer for The Matrix Reloaded? Looking good..

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
saw it today. Dreamcatcher was terrible and went for sooo long
osiris was pretty cool

Sarah J

HSC
OK. I saw the Dreamcatcher today, and I just don't get it. Well, it's not that I don't get it, it's that it was shit. What I don't get is that SSDA crap. What was it? And why were the two funny guys killed off? HELLLOOOO???? lol.

But Final Flight etc. was very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)