The Breaking Bad Thread (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
Just thought a thread was due for such a great show, I only finished watching it yesterday.

Warning: Spoilers alert. Don't recommend reading this thread if you are planning to watch the series.

My first question:

Why do you think Walt let Jane Margolis die? Some say so that the blackmailing stops, so jesse can keep working with walt or because she was a bad influence on jesse and walt actually cares about him.

Last edited by a moderator:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
YES
I think I'm going to spend a lot of time on this thread LOL

In response to your Q, I think he let her die because:
a. It's kind of symbolic of how Walt's decisions have profound consequences on others - like his thirst for power, greed and need for control - and the subsequent crash (because her dad was so caught up with her death and let the planes crash together) where innocents died, etc., it's kind of a warning against the kind of behaviour Walt participates in and is almost a pioneer for. I think it also highlights how Walt is a unknowingly destructive force to those around him.

b. He wanted Jesse back, and he also realised the destructive spiral the two were on, because they both got back into drugs. I guess from a empathetic perspective, he wanted his old meth partner back.

c. He wanted to give Jesse a "wake-up call" from the destructive behaviour of his life, and I felt the removal of Jane from Jesse's life was hard enough (of course Jesse dabbles a bit more later, but that was the start of him being significantly sober for longer periods of time)

Q: Thoughts on Skyler White? Is she a victim or just as "bad" as Walt?

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
YES
I think I'm going to spend a lot of time on this thread LOL

In response to your Q, I think he let her die because:
a. It's kind of symbolic of how Walt's decisions have profound consequences on others - like his thirst for power, greed and need for control - and the subsequent crash (because her dad was so caught up with her death and let the planes crash together) where innocents died, etc., it's kind of a warning against the kind of behaviour Walt participates in and is almost a pioneer for. I think it also highlights how Walt is a unknowingly destructive force to those around him.

b. He wanted Jesse back, and he also realised the destructive spiral the two were on, because they both got back into drugs. I guess from a empathetic perspective, he wanted his old meth partner back.

c. He wanted to give Jesse a "wake-up call" from the destructive behaviour of his life, and I felt the removal of Jane from Jesse's life was hard enough (of course Jesse dabbles a bit more later, but that was the start of him being significantly sober for longer periods of time)

Q: Thoughts on Skyler White? Is she a victim or just as "bad" as Walt?
i think it's more (a) than anything else tbh although there is a bit of (b) and (c)

skyler didn't handle things ideally but I don't think she was as bad as walt, she was just very human in how she dealt with things and reacted

iBibah

HSC
Will join in later on when I'm free.

For the mean time:

thanks for the edit, knew i shouldve lowered the question a tad more

and that face hahahaha

i think it's more (a) than anything else tbh although there is a bit of (b) and (c)

skyler didn't handle things ideally but I don't think she was as bad as walt, she was just very human in how she dealt with things and reacted
i agree, she was in so much remorse over what happened to ted, and walts like "thats cute, you broke a neck" haha

even though she came across as a massive bitch, overall i think she was the victim. she was just between a rock and a hard place.

Q: Who was your favourite character and why?
Mine is defs Gustavo. he's just so smart, calm and collected. Appears nice, but the box cutter scene shows he's ruthless as well. Was disappointing to see him go tbh. also you reckon he was gay for his partner max?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Q: Do you guys think that it was justice that Walter white died?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Q: Who was your favourite character and why?
Mine is defs Gustavo. he's just so smart, calm and collected. Appears nice, but the box cutter scene shows he's ruthless as well. Was disappointing to see him go tbh. also you reckon he was gay for his partner max?
OMG Gustavo is definitely up there for me! He's such a cool cucumber, and he had so much ~swag~ (I can't think of a better word). Him coming out of the explosion...that was one of the best scenes ever.
Yes I think he harboured a very great and enduring love for Max, otherwise why else would he go to such lengths to get revenge? There was also some ~sexual tension~ in their scenes ;)

My favourite character is probably Jesse Pinkman...He's a character I really feel for and I think that even though he's caught up in a lot of crazy shit, he actually matures a lot and develops into a decent human being throughout the seasons. I also love him calling everyone 'bitch' hahhaha he's pretty spunky! He really appealed to me and idk, he's just someone with a good heart but stuck in the wrong place.

Q: Do you guys think that it was justice that Walter white died?
I wouldn't really regard it as "justice" but I think his death was good closure.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Favourite part of whole movie was when hector salamanca went BOOM and gus fring got OWNED

Had such strong mixed emotions for gus fring, hated him for his sneakiness but loved his tactics.

iBibah

HSC
OMG Gustavo is definitely up there for me! He's such a cool cucumber, and he had so much ~swag~ (I can't think of a better word). Him coming out of the explosion...that was one of the best scenes ever.
Yes I think he harboured a very great and enduring love for Max, otherwise why else would he go to such lengths to get revenge? There was also some ~sexual tension~ in their scenes ;)

My favourite character is probably Jesse Pinkman...He's a character I really feel for and I think that even though he's caught up in a lot of crazy shit, he actually matures a lot and develops into a decent human being throughout the seasons. I also love him calling everyone 'bitch' hahhaha he's pretty spunky! He really appealed to me and idk, he's just someone with a good heart but stuck in the wrong place.

I wouldn't really regard it as "justice" but I think his death was good closure.

enoilgam

HSC
I havent really been a big fan of Giancarlo Esposito when I've seen him in TV shows, so I'm interested in seeing what he is like in Breaking Bad because a few people have said that Gus is awesome.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I havent really been a big fan of Giancarlo Esposito when I've seen him in TV shows, so I'm interested in seeing what he is like in Breaking Bad because a few people have said that Gus is awesome.
He's amazing!! You must watch it!!!!!

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Hank and gomes were my faves hahaha

So devo about their deaths :(

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Jesse pinkman :3 . He was such a moving character, all the things he did for Heisenberg!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)