Timey Wimey: Doctor Who discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Kolmias

HSC
Seeing as there is no discussion thread for the hit science fiction series, Doctor Who, I am starting one here.

I'll begin by asking who has watched the most recent Doctor Who episode, 'Under the Lake', and what were your thoughts on it? Personally, I thought it was an excellent episode and it shows that Doctor Who is returning to it's best after the shocking series of 2014.

AppleTea

HSC
Not really a big fan but I've been watching on netflicky seems aight, I still can't take the doctor srs cause all I see is his Malcolm Tucker persona swearing and abusing ppl :p

Kolmias

HSC
Not really a big fan but I've been watching on netflicky seems aight, I still can't take the doctor srs cause all I see is his Malcolm Tucker persona swearing and abusing ppl :p
Peter Capaldi is awesome in both roles. He pretty much does the same character for everything he does however.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
The whole "Doctor dying" thing has been overdone to the point of being comparable to Nintendo's releases of the New Super Mario Bros. series.
However, I was genuinely surprised this time, and there was no hint of a "fated prophecy" of the Doctor's death this time, so I think it's acceptable this time around.

Kolmias

HSC
The whole "Doctor dying" thing has been overdone to the point of being comparable to Nintendo's releases of the New Super Mario Bros. series.
However, I was genuinely surprised this time, and there was no hint of a "fated prophecy" of the Doctor's death this time, so I think it's acceptable this time around.
We all know that he isn't going to die however as the BBC wouldn't end the little moneymaker which is Doctor Who now.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Love Dr Who so much. Under the Lake was creepy and I'm looking forward to the next episode but I hope this whole season isn't a bunch of double episodes. Moffat is a good showrunner but sometimes lets his ego get in the way and goes a little OTT with some of the concepts.

Still pissed off about Danny Pink.

The Master coming back as Missy is SO SO GOOD. The character of Missy being equal parts awful, victorian grandmother, and pure psycho is great, and the whole best friend/arch enemy dynamic is brilliantly played between them in a way I don't think would have worked if you had a younger actor doing the role.

Kolmias

HSC
Love Dr Who so much. Under the Lake was creepy and I'm looking forward to the next episode but I hope this whole season isn't a bunch of double episodes. Moffat is a good showrunner but sometimes lets his ego get in the way and goes a little OTT with some of the concepts.

Still pissed off about Danny Pink.

The Master coming back as Missy is SO SO GOOD. The character of Missy being equal parts awful, victorian grandmother, and pure psycho is great, and the whole best friend/arch enemy dynamic is brilliantly played between them in a way I don't think would have worked if you had a younger actor doing the role.
Russel T Davies was more of a pure sci-fi writer (although technically, Doctor Who does fit into the genre of science fantasy) whereas Mofffat is more apt to experiment with more fantasy elements (stuff which isn't possible in the future).

The trees episode from last season was appalling in the fact that it made little sense and is impossible in the first place.

Kolmias

HSC
I watched Before the Flood and is it was awesome. Who likes the look of the next Doctor Who episode, The Girl Who Died?

Kolmias

HSC
The last two (the Girl that Died and the Woman that Lived) were cheesey although they were very enjoyable.

Kolmias

HSC
Doctor Who is on tonight at 7:40pm on ABC 1. Yah.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Omg guys! So the picture with Capaldi was so cool, he was sooo nice (obviously) haha and you had like 20 seconds to have a convo with him after the picture and the line wasn't that long, it was very well organised. There was a Q&A panel with him, Moffat and Ingrid Oliver but it was kind of annoying because the people walking around the crowd with mics only let mainly kids ask questions so they asked a lot of boring questions. One person asked when Susan/Ian/Cpt Jack/other faves would come back and Moffat gave his usual 'when the story is right' answer. There was other things to do around the hall in between those sessions, like they had a display with heaps of costumes from the show, Clara's bedroom set, a fake snow machine to take photos under, a giant lego TARDIS and a few monsters. Pictures are all on the bf's camera so I'll share some later tonight.

Kolmias

HSC
Omg guys! So the picture with Capaldi was so cool, he was sooo nice (obviously) haha and you had like 20 seconds to have a convo with him after the picture and the line wasn't that long, it was very well organised. There was a Q&A panel with him, Moffat and Ingrid Oliver but it was kind of annoying because the people walking around the crowd with mics only let mainly kids ask questions so they asked a lot of boring questions. One person asked when Susan/Ian/Cpt Jack/other faves would come back and Moffat gave his usual 'when the story is right' answer. There was other things to do around the hall in between those sessions, like they had a display with heaps of costumes from the show, Clara's bedroom set, a fake snow machine to take photos under, a giant lego TARDIS and a few monsters. Pictures are all on the bf's camera so I'll share some later tonight.
That does sound good. Did you watch the latest episode of Doctor Who, Face the Raven? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)