the ring (1 Viewer)

hey u know the movie the ring? it's copying the japanese movie called wu ye xiong ling made in 1999! exactly the same plot ...

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
yeh thats what it is... isnt it??

i read it somewhere...4get tho

keke

Sarah J

HSC
Originally posted by 1234567
hey u know the movie the ring? it's copying the japanese movie called wu ye xiong ling made in 1999! exactly the same plot ...
Actually, the original version was called "Ring", or, to be precise, "Ringu". Wu Ye Xiong Ling aren't exactly Japanese words...

I haven't seen the american version yet, but I've heard the original's better.

Jin-17

JEEZ i hate it when hollywood tries to make the same thing over and over again until the cows come home. Personally look at Planet of the apes which the first one was shit and the seond was abit better in that at the end they had gorillas with police uniform wow what a great imporvement!!!!:mad1: As for ring that was boring and so will the seond one, if u dont want to waste your money ask your friend to go see if first and find out.

One postive thing about it, is it does have some scary bits (very little at that) which may be good if u are on a date:D

HSC
I saw it yesterday.

And it is definitely one of the best movies I have seen this year... right up there with Road to Perdition, Minority Report and Insomnia...

I'm definitely gonna go out and rent the originals....

I don't really care that the movie was a remake of a Japanese flick, it allows a great story to get a much larger audience, and a scary movie is always so much better when you see it at the cinemas as opposed to just on video... Also, its not like they stole the idea, the people who did the original movies sold the rights to them...

This is one of the few films that have actually scared me, alongside Sicth Sense....

Everybody go out and see it NOW (don't listen to Jin-17!)!

Before you die you see the ring....

Jin-17

IS that a threat? ahahah just kidding. People are entitled to their own opinion and I take back about the ring, but I dont take back what I said about the planet of the apes. I guess it depends on the person, I like action movies and u know the old cilche or the good guy vs the bad guys, big fight, and the end reslut the good guy is out on top and stuff.

HSC
Originally posted by Jin-17
IS that a threat? ahahah just kidding. People are entitled to their own opinion and I take back about the ring, but I dont take back what I said about the planet of the apes. I guess it depends on the person, I like action movies and u know the old cilche or the good guy vs the bad guys, big fight, and the end reslut the good guy is out on top and stuff.
lol

I agree that Planet of the Apes was rather shite... Tim Burton's worst I reckon (well from what I have seen anyways...)

But I really like The Ring, glad you changed your mind about it...

I'm personally not really an action fan, I like pretty much all genres.... and judge each movie by its own merits.... Action movies can get a bit predictable and/or repetitive, although I do like a good action film.... For instnace Terminator 2, that has to be one of the best action films ever...

utopian731

Eudaimonian
The Ring was awesome!! lol

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on the Japanese original film?? Im told its better, so killer

A couple of ym friends saw the ring the night before and said they were relaly scared, so i went ot have alook, and spent the whle movie waiting to be scared, but it didnt really happen, i was just thinkin, "This is kool! :)"

You're right, Mercury Drinker, its right up there with imnority report and insomnia, which were both good films.
I thought that the cinematography was particularly classy in The Ring as well as the casting of the little boy...he was freaky

HSC
Originally posted by utopian731
The Ring was awesome!! lol

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on the Japanese original film?? Im told its better, so killer

A couple of ym friends saw the ring the night before and said they were relaly scared, so i went ot have alook, and spent the whle movie waiting to be scared, but it didnt really happen, i was just thinkin, "This is kool! :)"

You're right, Mercury Drinker, its right up there with imnority report and insomnia, which were both good films.
I thought that the cinematography was particularly classy in The Ring as well as the casting of the little boy...he was freaky
Glad someone agrees with me...

I think you might be able to find the originals (Ring 1 and 2) at your local video store, and if not maybe a larger one nearby may have it...

I saw it at my local video store recently, but didn't rent it, and its pretty small, so I'm assumming most video stores should have it... and considering alot of people want to see it after the hollywood one, they might bring it in....

Sarah J

HSC
OK. I've now seen both versions and I think they were both shit.

The US version had a few more scares in it, mainly cos it had a whole heap of horse shit in it, and they are fucking scary animals, up there with cats.

The Japanese version wasn't very scary, but I prefered it's storyline, with the psychic mother.

so yeah.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It was a pretty good movie, but I wanted more scares!
after the hag came out of the TV, I was waiting for more!...sadly it never came

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah J
OK. I've now seen both versions and I think they were both shit.

The US version had a few more scares in it, mainly cos it had a whole heap of horse shit in it, and they are fucking scary animals, up there with cats.

The Japanese version wasn't very scary, but I prefered it's storyline, with the psychic mother.

so yeah.
pffftttt.....

:mad1:

care to elaborate?

Felix: I

i think i'm going to see it on monday....hmm...yeah.
i'll post my opinion then.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I've seen the Jap's Ring 2. Haven't seen Ring 1. But my sister says they're Ring 1 is just as scary as Ring 2.
lol, gotta love the hair of that woman...

Sarah J

HSC
Originally posted by mercurydrinker

pffftttt.....

:mad1:

care to elaborate?
huh? do I really need to?

Or are you being sarcastic? (I can never tell these days...)

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah J

huh? do I really need to?

Or are you being sarcastic? (I can never tell these days...)
I wasn't being sarcastic...

It's just that I liked it so much, and I was wondering what you didn't like about it....

You don't have to though.... :/

Felix: I

watched it today with a friend.
wasn't too bad. but disappointing none the less, it's only "scray" because of the shock images that pop up and the sudden music.
generally it's just disgusting/shocking. but i guess it's alright, might have left TOO many questions unanswered.

but hearing some friends having nightmares and paranoia after watching the film...i think i've come up some excellent scaring ideas......just need to get a copy of the "ring video" now..........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)