Hopman Cup (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
LoL! Hewitt lost (TWICE)!!

AHAHAH!! I was pissing myself! ;):):): Go Blake!! ;):):0;)

Ac;) ;) ;) ;)

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Hewitt is a champ. He's a good kid. You got to love his fighting spirit and determination. I can't understand why people don't like him, especially Aussies...I mean he has done so much for Australian Tennis, and for that reason i think he desrves to be treated with more respect, but I guess to each his own.......

professor

Hewitt is a talent player and this is a fact, but he got himself into trouble at times with his behaviour on the court and examples can be seen when he made a racist call during US Open few yrs back. Though he said he didn't mean it and most of Australia backed him for it, I mean...it doesn't do any good. What some people don't like Hewitt is that he doesn't like losing and the fact that he get 'pumps' too much. I mean, its good to pump yourself up a bit in a match, but Hewitt does it too many...

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Sampras is a person you can respect. (And I do)

Hewitt is a person you can hate. (And I do)

Ac

professor

yes, Sampras is a man u respect coz of his talent...look at his serve...best placement with a speed not many people in this world can match(consistenly 190km+). The man got the best forehand in the game but his backhand is dropping a bit...
I'm not a fan of Hewitt but he is a good player, don't misquote me on that...

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Lord Ac
Sampras is a person you can respect. (And I do)

Hewitt is a person you can hate. (And I do)

Ac
ur rite bout hewitt.....but sampras...i don't know what you've been told, but Pete Sampras is getting old....heheh.....i noe that has nofin to do wid respect....but wat the hey it seems alrite atm....like how Steve Waugh has been treated...he showed them!

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Hewitt can be a little shit. Austrlalia though it was great when Rafter lost the Wimbledon final just because he got there. WHen Hewitt won, no one cared.

Honestly, how many people do you kknow that actually give a shit about the friggin hopman cup? my answer is 0

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Im glad you'renot a cricket selector.

Steve Qaugh should still be in the team even if he didnt bat or bowl, just to be the captain. there is a little thing called expereince and another little thing called character, both of which are rare and priceless and Steve Waugh has both

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
hey natstar, what's his name? maybe we can track how he goes. is he playing juniors? or in the main draw?

and hey, Sampras is one of the most boring tennis players on the tour. his placement's gone down the drain, and his game's gradually getting worse with his age.

Hewitt's firey character just makes the game more exciting. how could u hate him? getting a little bit of tall poppy syndrome aren't we?

and the hopman cup? it's the most unique tournament out there, and my favourite! so don't diss it! :p i like the mixed doubles, the relaxed nature of it and the smaller field, as you're able to get to know the players better through ABC's special little features. so turn that 0 into a 1 utopian731 :)

professor

i doubt Sampras is the most boring man on the tour, i admitt he is old but his skill didn't drop as much...and as for his placement, who can match it like him nowdays...Hewitt probably can but not as fast, no way...and if you really want to talk about boring matches, clay court is the way to go coz they take 10mins to win a point.
Hopman Cup is probably one of the tournment that no one really care much about for some 'unknown' reasons, but it does take a lot of skills to win it, so I wouldn't bag too much about it

utopian731

Eudaimonian
No need to be a fuckwit *Asquithian*, unless it comes naturally....im willing to bet ive watched and gone to a shitload mroe cricket in my time than you, so i think i know what im talking about....so quite being a jerk

I agree about the Blake thing in the US open though, Hewitt wasnt trying to bea racist, it was just a witch hunt

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Yes I have played....duh.....obviously you have too, not firs class though i assume. I got pissed at you because of the uncalled for attitude your post exuded.

I called for the sacking of Steve Waugh in SriLanka/India? Not that i know of....ug

BTW...lookin at your signature, have you had people thinking you were female?? hehe...I thought it was obvious from the outside you were a guy..oh well, shit happens i guess

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Well I havent played grades *that* high, but I also don't think that what grade onw plays in really adds to their credentials as an armchair selector, which we all are.

Sure, agree to disagree, sorry if i got a bit fired up before

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Just to remind the ignorant peoples in the forumn:

Sampras is the current reaining champion of THE MOST RECENT GRAND SLAM! (and ur calling him old and finsished? wtf!?!)

He is both the YOUNGEST and OLDEST champion of the US Open, his home country. (thus, showing he is brillaint across his whole career)

64 singles titles (more than anyone else playing now)

14 GRAND SLAMS (more than anyone in HISTORY)

Most prize-money then anyone else.

Just get over it and admit: Sampras is "the greatest player to ever walk on a tennis court" (Australian Tennis Magazine, pg. 70).

QED. You LOSE!!

And Hopman Cup is brillaint. Make that 2 fans!

Ac

professor

indeed Sampras is ONE of the greatest man to ever walk on the tennis court and i believe he can continue for a year or so more...and as soon as he retires, no doubt he will be included in the Hall of Fame...

getting to Steve Waugh, I dun know too much about cricket but from what i have seen over the years, it seem that the test (and the day team though not now) relies a bit on Steve Waugh's presence. This may seem to be an advantage to the man but he is getting older and older by the minute, if either the test and the one-day team loses Steven due to his retirement, will they collapse coz they are not used to it...the selectors are taking that in mind coz Steve isn't gonna be around forever...but i think he should be playing in the West Indies with the form he is having now

professor

thats Bradman and there is only one Bradman... and ok, we assume Steven plays till 41, what happens afterwards...i believe Steven can go and play up to the age of 41 coz he shown that in Sydney...he gets out there and have a great believe in himself...hes got the character and courage, but he can never exist forever, the team must 'evolve' over a period of time...but I have to say, Steve SHOULD play against West Indies and the way the cricket board handling of this matter is horrible...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)