Drama group help?! i need advice (1 Viewer)

Rachygurl

HSC
i am in the middle of an argument with my drama group and i need a way of telling them that we need to follow the syllabus to maximise marks. has anyone expeirienced similar troubles and had a good way with dealing with it without causing a huge fight?

any help will be appreciated!

xoxo

HSC
without a huge fight....

well the only way to do it without a fight would b to persuade them
tell them that if they wana go to uni or get a good atar then they should follow the syllabus

u could always go ask the teaher as a group about wat u should do n also ask if its better to follow the syllabus as to maximise marks
hearin it from someone thatd b markin their work would persuade them effectively

Rachygurl

HSC
problem is that neither of them wanna go 2 uni.......... im tha only one. they are doing drama for a bludge subject so dont care

HSC
if theyre in it to bludge then they wouldnt mind

if theyre ur friends tell em this really means a lot to u

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Hold them over a vat of molten lava, and slowly dip them in until they promise to behave and do what you say. Just a suggestion, it might not work.

My friend is experiencing a similar problem, and will not try out my vat idea, so instead I told her to talk to the teacher about it. That way, the teacher can be the one to persuade the kids to follow the syllabus. That's option B though. Option A is the vat.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Hold them over a vat of molten lava, and slowly dip them in until they promise to behave and do what you say. Just a suggestion, it might not work.

My friend is experiencing a similar problem, and will not try out my vat idea, so instead I told her to talk to the teacher about it. That way, the teacher can be the one to persuade the kids to follow the syllabus. That's option B though. Option A is the vat.

cassiecocaine

HSC
My group fights almost every lesson, but at the end of everything it just makes us better friends. We all want to do well, it's just our conflicting ideas that get in the way.

You could ask your teacher to step in and do some mediating?

metallic_bass

HSC
sorry darl, yeah, im having the same issue, but no solution yet. its hard when you get put with people you dont get along with outside class cause no one listens. maybe you need to calm things down and listen to them so they will listen to you. ask them for their ideas, then explain why they aren't going to work out. i wish it were so easy for me. i have a group of 4.. 2 of us dont want to do drama but dont have a choice in it so yeah.. not the more energetic actors.
good luck!

HSC
When I did Drama, a lot of people skipped class. Eventually the teacher called them all to a meeting with the HoD present and told them that if there was one more unexplained absence she would fail them for the year.

I'm not sure if there is any ultimatum in your situation, but you can try to persuade her to say something. I mean, I had nothing to do with the thing in my class, but yeah.

Brady_Girl

HSC
Im a serious drama student trying to get into the major unis courses etc. I clearly stated to my group i wanted the best HSC marks and that it was our job to work together in order to achive good marks for all of us.

Unfortunatley weve been placed in a group with on of the worst people to work with but i brang them each a copy of the syllbus and the dos and donts of gps (you can imagine the response this stirred grumbles about my bossiness bla bla bla) but once they knew what i was on about it motivated them to do more work.

As for fights try and listen to one another try and negotiate and comprmise. Ive learnt from experiance that if you really want something you can manipulate people into believing it was there idea (i sound terriable but im desperate to do well) remeber to write it all in your log book and talk to the teacher if things go to far.

And remeber bribes of food are always good hot coffee in the morning is a sure way to brighten your group up and to make them a little more flexiable. And as for bludgers who think drama is buldge subject ask them why the hell that gives them the right to muck around with your hsc i also ask them to leave or drop the class.

And eveything else fails id go with the vat of lava sounds prettty motivating.

Ps they *teachers say there should be no leader of the group we are humans one always leads take the reins be the leader you will get heaps more done .

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
One person doesn't have to be the leader for the entire project. You can set it up so that it rotates depending on the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)