Big W Recruitment Process (1 Viewer)

monzi

HSC
Hey! Does anybody know what the Literacy and Numeracy test involves when Big W are recruiting new employees? Has anybody completed it before?

tennille

HSC
I only did a survey based on certain situations at work.

eg. Bringing alcohol to work is a crime and you have answers from strongly agree to strongly disagree.

It has really changed since I've been working there.

Joe-E T

HSC
Monzii, which Big W is currently recruiting u?... Im looking to apply to work at a Big W thats yet to open at Bankstown and i was wondering if anyone has any information of how to go about doing that. As a matter of fact does anyone know how i would be able to apply for a job at any of the new stores being built.. Thanks.....

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Joe-E T said:
Monzii, which Big W is currently recruiting u?... Im looking to apply to work at a Big W thats yet to open at Bankstown and i was wondering if anyone has any information of how to go about doing that. As a matter of fact does anyone know how i would be able to apply for a job at any of the new stores being built.. Thanks.....

Have you had a look on the website? If they are looking to recruit new workers they will have their positions listed on there.

As for the literary and numeracy test, I didn't do one but surely it would not be higher than a year 9 or 10 mathematics or english level. You probably just have to read something and answer some questions (like the good old comprehension from primary school) and then may determine how much change someone would get from a $10 note or some crap like that. I'm assuming it would be extremely easy, considering the type of people we have been recruiting lately you would probably only need half a brain to do the test :)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Joe-E T said:
They already advertised in the paper a few weeks ago.

get_born

Joe-E T said:
Hey by any chance is it at the RSL?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
last_chance said:
Hey by any chance is it at the RSL?
Yep, Bankstown RSL.

As for the test, it said it was only going to be "brief", so I doubt u need to worry, should be simple!

physician

HSC
prolly a little late to post this... but the test is like a 5 minute test...

nothing complicated, pritty straight forward... oh and btw, over 1000 ppl applied, out of the 1000 ppl theyre only inviting 500 back for interviews

All the best!!!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Tennille said:
I only did a survey based on certain situations at work.

eg. Bringing alcohol to work is a crime and you have answers from strongly agree to strongly disagree.

It has really changed since I've been working there.
yeah same. but i stopped working there near the end of o4`

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
physician said:
prolly a little late to post this... but the test is like a 5 minute test...

nothing complicated, pritty straight forward... oh and btw, over 1000 ppl applied, out of the 1000 ppl theyre only inviting 500 back for interviews

All the best!!!
Wow that's alot of people.
Did you get called back for a interview?

get_born

OZGIRL86 said:
We're suppost to call at like 11 am tomorrow to find out if we made it for the inerviews. Their only gonna pick like 200-50 out of all the ones that did the exam.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
last_chance said:
We're suppost to call at like 11 am tomorrow to find out if we made it for the inerviews. Their only gonna pick like 200-50 out of all the ones that did the exam.
Good luck:)

get_born

OZGIRL86 said:
Good luck:)
thanx:D

When i went on the day, there were so many people. Im hoping i get the job...it'll be good as a part time or casual job while im at uni.

physician

HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
oh no, Im not the one applying, a family member is, but i check their e-mail and give them the details...

Last chance, hmm i guess they told everyone something different. To my knowledge it was 500 ppl (i.e half)... hmm, i wouldnt be surprised though, because 500 interviews isnt very exciting (for the interviewers), not to mention the limited amount of jobs available (not so limited, but limited enough not to need to interview 500 ppl)

Last edited:

Kulazzi

HSC
I think it's about 1000 applying, 500 for the interviews and out of those 500 they're only going to pick 250 for the jobs. My cousin and I applied and both hope to get the job (I hope you do too LC). We both also applied for another job and we're going for the interview on the same day but at different timings :rolleyes:

edit: Just found out that I didn't make it 'due to large numbers' but I'm not disappointed, still got another one to go to :)

Last edited:

get_born

Yipee...yahoo...Hooray *jumps for joy*

i got the interview!:D I know what I have to take with me, but I just dont know what to do in the interview. Anyone have any idea?

monzi

HSC
I got the job guys. Stoked, since it fits in with my timetable for Uni. I have Induction on March 11th. Goodluck to everybody else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)