LiquorLand (1 Viewer)

asa.hoshi

HSC
I was thinking of applying a job at LiquorLand. They are offering a casual position, and its tempting to apply for it. I'm already working at coles (fresh produce) so I think the pay will be the same. This LiquorLand store is relatively small and is in the same location as the coles that I work at. The job they are offering is Service Assistant.

I'm wondering if any of you guys have experience working at LiquorLand or something similar. Is it good to work at a liquor store? I know it will involve some lifting and stacking of bottles and stuff but is it better than working at fruit and veg at coles? The reason why I wanna change jobs because Ive been working at fresh produce for nearly 2 years now... and I guess I want a change of scenery. Its probably gonna be the same pay coz its under the Coles Group company.

Do you suggest it? What are like the pros and cons for this job?

Thanks!

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
cons: need to have RSA (costs money to get, also need to be 18+)

pros: if manager isnt a dick, you could potentially get free booze =p

Kylie1982

HSC
Hey guys, I worked at liqourland for a while, now it was a great job, learning what wine goes with what, what spirits were coming out etc. but the worst part was 'working the load' which was putting all said items away and maintaining the store, closing up by oneself, a couple of the pros were you get an allowance if your working by yourself and if there were any new products, you'd get a sample.

Cheers :wave:

Evilo

HSC
Ive worked at liquorland for over 14 months now. If you've got any questions drop me a line.

Pros
- pays better than myer/coles etc
- free stuff occasionally (depends how nice your manager is)
- they actually have trust in you - dont have to call the mgr to open the till etc
- get a degree of indpendence
- learn about liquor, trends etc. - You actually know what to take to a special diner etc. You learn what good and bad prices are etc.
- You get to do work with mates (i..e they don't give u a trolley of stuff) like in coles and say "go and unpack it, come back with the carboard". you can talk across the store etc
-
Cons - Need RSA
- Management isnt exactly "interlectual"
- depending on the store, u can do alot of physical labour
- Some customers are real dickheads - People (try to) treat you like shit.
- Mindless after a while
- Can be dangerous depending on which store you are at.
- You must be tolerant of real fuking stupid people. So dumb its unbelievable.

Hope this helps :)

PS - If this is you.
kuroneko said:
I work in deli. ....
13. Don't ask me to get 4kg of chicken breast... or for that matter anything more than 2kg... I have small and weak arms, as you can plainly see.
Dont come to liquorland. :)

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
Apocalypsse said:
RSA is like a 4 hour course that costs like $80 so its not really that much of a con.
Rsa cost me $65 :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)