written reference (1 Viewer)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Basically, I have worked a couple of places but I was too young to realise that I need to ask reference when I left. So now I wanna go back and ask for a written reference, I tried writing to them but no replies so far..

oh, the places are Maccas, Woolies.

Any ideas? I think my managers all left too, bummer.

Thanks heaps.

Kabbasi

HSC
Hey. I worked at Woolies for three years and asked for a reference a week before the store shut down and was demolished. The supervisor said it wasn't protocol but she'd do one anyway... but she didn't end up doing it. So now all I have to prove I worked there was a "Fresh Food" certificate. Moral of the story is, I don't like your chances at getting a reference at either place, but do keep trying to find any supervisors still working there. Was it incredibly long ago?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
k, say if you can't get those reference from the places you've worked at. my solution for you is, you should use your parents and pretended they were your manager/supervisors and use your parents mobile/other number than your house number pretending they're real references.

Maccas = your mum

Woolies = your dad

piece of cake. ;)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lol~

they'r kinda long time ago.... damnz.

i will try to bug them so much that they have to give me one.

pLuvia said:
You've worked at more places than that!! What about myers?
oh that one I have managed to get. LOL~

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Woolies policy is not to give out references, though if you knew your Boss well enough they might give you a "personal" reference i.e. they'll say you worked for them and were good and stuff, but it wont be on company letterhead

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
k, say if you can't get those reference from the places you've worked at. my solution for you is, you should use your parents and pretended they were your manager/supervisors and use your parents mobile/other number than your house number pretending they're real references.

Maccas = your mum

Woolies = your dad

piece of cake. ;)
lol...you're my favourite troll :D <3

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
just give them the phone number of the store and the name of whoever your manager was before you left. that's what i do if i'm stuck. even if the manager has left, there should be some record somewhere that shows you at least worked there. i hate it when places ask for mobile numbers or full names of managers though. as if your manager is just going to hand out their mobile number, and sorry but i was on a first name basis with most of the staff, i couldnt remember their surnames if you paid me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)