David Jones group interview (1 Viewer)

activeflush

HSC
Has anyone been through one? I got a call today to goto the sydney cbd store this friday for a group interview. I'm kinda lost on what to do and expect since this is my first proper job interview. What kind of scenarios are usually given to the groups?

Also the hr lady said to go in business attire, would it be better to go with a suit or would pants and shirt (+/- a tie) be sufficient?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
chat with your group, do activities and problem solving and then a 1 on 1 interview

**and then you have to...have sex with one of the david jones employees to confirm your application, it's compulsory**

Last edited:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
well my DJs interview:
> i dont think you need a whole suit, but do whatever to look smart - look at the guys who currently work at DJ's and try to copy
> first part was talk to the person next to you about themselves, then you have to introduce this person to the entire group
> then problem solving/they give you something to sell b/d you have "excess stock" or something - so how would you sell it?
> forget what else. there was no 1-on-1 interview at all.
> you probably don't want to work at DJ's hey...

activeflush

HSC
thank u for the tips, hmm, i would like to work there but i've heard that their management is quite strict and they aren't flexible with their rosters at all. Is it that bad?

Dont know much other than that but i'll have a go at the group interview first regardless

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i worked as a christmas casual
the managers just tick me off and it was just pretty shit
and yeah, they're not incredibly flexible...

leekiss

HSC
I'm a christmas casual and my manager is trying to phantom fire me before my contract has ended. I'm now arranging a store transfer with HR!

Whether you have a pleasant experience at DJs is dependent on your manager. Be aware of ones who like to play favourites and despise uni students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)