Telemarketing Pay Questions (1 Viewer)

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

Has anybody here worked in telemarketing? If so can you tell me if it's true that if you don't meet sales targets that you don't get paid?!

Thanks

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ive never worked in telemarketing but i'm pretty sure they have to pay you a base wage (it could be pretty shit though) plus commission or extra depending on the sales targets you reach.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
It depends who you work for.

Most companies/charities offer a base rate.

Commissions aren't always based on sales targets. Eg. telemarketing for a certain charity, as an 18yo 16.5/hr base + commissions based only on credit card sales over a certain amount.

CieL

HSC
I don't think that's true.

However, you don't want to be under sales targets anyway because you risk getting fired.

drunkontea

HSC
AntiJap said:
Hey guys,

Has anybody here worked in telemarketing? If so can you tell me if it's true that if you don't meet sales targets that you don't get paid?!

Thanks
I've worked in telemarketing before. I got payed $17 base wage and commision. I quit after 3 days tho. But in regards to your question they have to legally pay you for the hours you worked, if its written in the contract that you sign that you get base wage.

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
Yeah, the thing I'm worried about is being under targets. Is it hard to sell the products?

Also, do they pay you for training?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
AntiJap said:
Yeah, the thing I'm worried about is being under targets. Is it hard to sell the products?

Also, do they pay you for training?
You have to be thick skinned to last long in Telemarketing. There is a reason that there are always plenty of jobs going.

I'm going to be blunt, if you need to ask whether its hard to sell products, then you're not going to last long.

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
Oh dear. I don't mind abuse. Is it a confidence thing?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
it is not about the abuse - you'd expect it. its to persist call after call for hours, and to repeat your sales pitch numerous times even though the chances are you won't get the sale. i mean, you'd be happy to make 2 sales an hour, out of probably 20-40 calls. so if you are very hard to annoy, then go for it.

i've worked at the industry for a month. very high pressured. the managers know how to motivate you to keep going, but it is mentally tiring, very tiring.

i got paid $17.50 + 5% commission.

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
Oh that doesn't sound tooo bad then.

Where did you work is it ICT in Rhodes?

worldpeace

HSC
ive been doing telemarketing for a while. worst job is trying to sell anything regarding phones over the phone. quit in 2 days

best was working for a telemarketing company which payed $18/ph didnt have any commission. was very very easy. all you had to do was convince people to get an hour of free financial advice. and if they sign up or not they get 10% of the next woolies groceryt shopping. had your own computer etc

target was 3 appointments a shift

i walked away from that job because uni started and it was a 5 day job

ATM im doing something very similar. pays $15 p/h. i work from 4-8 pm. a minimum 3 days a week. any days. shit company/boss is a bastard though the manager is a sick bitch.

target is 1 appointment a shift.

happy where i am. sort of gotta suck up coz this is the only job i got which fits in my timetable

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
wrxsti said:
AND YOUR WHINING, oh.... go fuck urself!
sorry, what's the problem? the pay is not worth the work.

insight. we sold raffles in the names of charity groups, like rspca, kidzwish foundation, pcyc, etc.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i wouldn't mind doing telemarketing work, i reckon i could handle it at least for a little while...but the hours advertised never fit in with how my life works atm. are there ever any jobs advertised where you can work say 2 days a week 9-5 sorta thing? as opposed to random 4 hour blocks 5 days a week or working at night?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Have a look on seek or the uni employment service. You can get stuff like incoming call centres and the like (as opposed to cold calling) which would fit what you want.

Last edited:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
AntiJap said:
Hey guys,

Thanks

do you have any SONY products in your household?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
My mate and his brother have just started working as telemarketers/salesreps for a wine compnay, in the city after the saw an ad for seek. They get paid $21p/h + commission, they get about $23p/h on average after commission and they say the hours are very flexible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)