crazy lady at work (1 Viewer)

1harkina

HSC
so i work at a medical center
this lady was angry that she had to wait 25 min
she came up to my desk and informed me that she didnt want to wait anymore and that she was going to stand in front of my desk and stare at me so i could see her ugly face until she went in to see th dr lol she used those words
so i just apologized and said i was sorry there is nothing i could do and that the dr would be with her asap
i just continued with my work while she stood about 20 cm away from me not breaking her stare once for about 10 min
and at one point i almost burst out laughing when i had the idea to ask if she would like to challenge me in a staring contest to pass the time as she seems to enjoy it so much
do people think i enjoy them waiting and thats why they yell at me i cant make the dr work faster and i would diagnose them myself if i could
lol

CloudStrife

HSC
There are all sorts of people in this life. Some people can let things blow past them, some just have to make their thoughts put across no matter how unreasonable the rest of the world sees it.
I went to a local library once in the middle of the day. Nowadays, local libraries have mums who bring along their kids and people who ask the librarian questions on how to use the computers and what not. This lady just stood up and started saying the librarians were being disrespectful and stupid because the library wasn't dead silent.

Last edited:

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
lol she was disconnected. i'd tell her to step off and back the hell outta my grill. lol no i probably wouldn't say that but i would inform her to sit back down.

the medical clinic i went to recently had a sign saying that irritable and bad-tempered people continuously pushing to see a doctor will be asked to refrain themselves or they will be asked to leave. it said that the doctors are doing the best they can to ensure that all patients are seen to as soon as possible.

25 minutes i think is a bit early to snap, and take it out on you - especially when it is not your fault.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
1harkina said:
so i work at a medical center
this lady was angry that she had to wait 25 min
she came up to my desk and informed me that she didnt want to wait anymore and that she was going to stand in front of my desk and stare at me so i could see her ugly face until she went in to see th dr lol she used those words
so i just apologized and said i was sorry there is nothing i could do and that the dr would be with her asap
i just continued with my work while she stood about 20 cm away from me not breaking her stare once for about 10 min
and at one point i almost burst out laughing when i had the idea to ask if she would like to challenge me in a staring contest to pass the time as she seems to enjoy it so much
do people think i enjoy them waiting and thats why they yell at me i cant make the dr work faster and i would diagnose them myself if i could
lol
this should be in the thread: "Rules for customers"

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol 25 minutes, get over it. last time i went to the doctor i was there for 2 and a half hours and I didn't complain even though I had been told it'd only be an hour. people just need to chill out and get over shit they can't change. Case in point: my dad. his car engine blew up or some shit today, obviously he's pissed off that he has to fork out thousands of bucks to fix it but he's mellow as anything about it coz he knows there's nothing he can do.

howca

HSC
I hate waiting at the doctors office, if I'm supposed to be there a 9am why do I have to wait until 9:30? If I'm not going to see the doctor til 9:30, tell me to be there at 9:30. I think there are issues with how dr.s offices schedule their time. I know it's hard for them to know how long it will take with each patient but it's hard to sit there and sit there when you are sick. I do admit 25 mins isn't long compared to what most people have to sit through. I do feel bad for the staff that gets the brunt of the bad moods people probably end up with from waiting so long.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
if the wait gets really ridiculous i'll usually just go up to the desk and reschedule my appointment. there's not much else you can do.

what's not cool, though, is when you have an appointment and the doctor you are meant to see isn't there. that happened to me today. the receptionist didn't tell me why, i'm going to give the doc the benefit of the doubt and assume she was sick, which is acceptable enough. but grr.

boris

Banned
HSC
working in the public health sector has led me to believe one thing;

people are shit.

1harkina

HSC
howca said:
I hate waiting at the doctors office, if I'm supposed to be there a 9am why do I have to wait until 9:30? If I'm not going to see the doctor til 9:30, tell me to be there at 9:30. I think there are issues with how dr.s offices schedule their time. I know it's hard for them to know how long it will take with each patient but it's hard to sit there and sit there when you are sick. I do admit 25 mins isn't long compared to what most people have to sit through. I do feel bad for the staff that gets the brunt of the bad moods people probably end up with from waiting so long.
Its kinda hard to estimate how long each patient will be in with the dr. the reason she had to wait is because it was the drs shift changeover, the dr was supposed to finish at 4.45 pm and then the next dr was supposed to take over that room at 5 however we had someone who needed extra attention and was in the room for a long time until 5.15 so the next dr coulnt get into the room and there was no other free ones.

I live an an upper middle class area hence people get really pissed off when they have to wait at all expecially middle class 30 - 40 year olds with kids who are more impatient than a 7 year old and belive taht they are the centre of the world and everyone else is beneath them.

i actually quit last week because of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)