Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 1126

Thread: The Coles Thread

  1. #101
    Dr Greenthumb housah0lic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    HSC
    1999
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The Coles Thread

    told you.
    the videos.
    tsk.

  2. #102
    Senior Member greekgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti
    sacked...
    ah man, sorry to here that. Ah well there are plenty of jobs out there.
    Do u at least get a referee out of them?

  3. #103
    Premium Member townie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Uni Grad
    2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gladesville
    Posts
    9,671
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: The Coles Thread

    If you were summarily dismissed you should still call the union,

    at the least they could maybe negotiate a cancellation of the firing in exchange for your resignation

  4. #104
    Premium Member townie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Uni Grad
    2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gladesville
    Posts
    9,671
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by greekgun
    ah man, sorry to here that. Ah well there are plenty of jobs out there.
    Do u at least get a referee out of them?
    generally dont get a referee if your fired....

  5. #105
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    HSC
    2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    west syd
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti
    sacked...

    \dude didnt u call the union//??

    they would usually give you a chance to resign wouldnt they?

  6. #106
    Rambo wrxsti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nandos
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: The Coles Thread

    ill just give my referee as my mate...lol
    An architects dream is a Structural Engineers nightmare.

    My engineering skills:


  7. #107
    ... CieL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,135
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by housah0lic
    told you.
    the videos.
    tsk.
    If you've ever monitored the security footage.. and the footage that's DLd you'd realise it's pretty shit quality

    So wrxsti.. if you were sacked, that means you can't work at anything Coles related anymore aye?

    Tell us what happened n shit.

  8. #108
    Dr Greenthumb housah0lic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    HSC
    1999
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The Coles Thread

    noo
    lol
    i mean like when you are freshly employed and they show you videos that tell you to NOT use your own fly buys
    saw it in that practice thing as well as the induction.

  9. #109
    ... CieL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,135
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Yeah that's true..

    I really hate people that dob others in behind their backs.. We had this really really good check out chick get fired because a girl in the grocery dept dobbed her in to the office..

    If I were in the grocery girl's shoes, I would of confronted them, tell them to never do it again or I'll report..

    But since it's such a big company I guess they just don't care who comes and goes.. there's always someone potentially better [and obedient] out there..

  10. #110
    Dr Greenthumb housah0lic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    HSC
    1999
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The Coles Thread

    what did she dob her in for?

  11. #111
    Rambo wrxsti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nandos
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CieL
    If you've ever monitored the security footage.. and the footage that's DLd you'd realise it's pretty shit quality

    So wrxsti.. if you were sacked, that means you can't work at anything Coles related anymore aye?

    Tell us what happened n shit.
    was the in the mangers office, with store manager and prevention, They asked me a total of 120 questions, most of which were repititive, every incident was shown to me by security footage (video downloaded and put on a laptop). Ciel you were right, they were very poor quality(lagged alot & dark), the area it captures is also very poor, but the register i was on, the lights under it were most of the time blown out, so i really dont know, anyways.... alot of times when i didnt drive to work, my mum will come in, and ill leave the register to go clock-off and she will do the shopping and go to the car, he showed me footage of someone using my cards, his like, "whos that?", i explained "its my mother, do you have a problem with that", and he goes on saying that im the only one allowed to use the discount card, anyways....interview questions over! he told me his going to send the interview on paper to hr department at the head office, they will review the documents and then they will call your store manager and tell them what action if any action will be taken against you.

    During the interview he asked me the question : "did you know that you commited a criminal offence" ,i go "no", he also asked me "did you know you can be charged with fraud" (at this time im trying not to piss myself), i said "no". I left the room, so he can call HR and see what action to do. While im waiting in the tea-room speaking to other workers, after a few minutes i can hear in the hall-way a police radar like scretching noises and codes being read out and then someone said something, and concluded with "over".

    and now im FREAKING OUT, "FUCKKK...THEY CALLED THE POLICE!!!!"

    i look to my right and its the armour guards!
    major sign of relief.

    ....
    long story short...lol they call me in and that said head office want to terminate your employment and can you please hand-over your discount card....

    store manager and department managers apologised to me..(dont know why) all the workers asked for my email address and store manager escorted me out of the store...

    bye bye coles lol.

    sorry about the essay.
    An architects dream is a Structural Engineers nightmare.

    My engineering skills:


  12. #112
    Dr Greenthumb housah0lic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    HSC
    1999
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The Coles Thread

    lol that's pretty cool

    discount card. gotta love that 3-5% discount.

  13. #113
    Black by Demand wuddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    HSC
    2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    right here, can't you see?
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The Coles Thread

    now, when they fired you, did they tell you what it was for? ie the official reason behind the termination. a lot of the times i hear people say the manager told them 'we are not obligated to say any more' - well, they are.
    Help me Jesus.. Help me Tom Cruise!!

  14. #114
    Premium Member townie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Uni Grad
    2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gladesville
    Posts
    9,671
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: The Coles Thread

    i'm telling you, CALL THE UNION

  15. #115
    Knuckles Omium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Physics
    Posts
    1,738
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wuddie
    now, when they fired you, did they tell you what it was for? ie the official reason behind the termination. a lot of the times i hear people say the manager told them 'we are not obligated to say any more' - well, they are.
    misuse of discount and flyscard, my manager that day didnt speak a word to me, it was the prevention guy doing all the talking.

  16. #116
    Knuckles Omium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Physics
    Posts
    1,738
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by townie
    i'm telling you, CALL THE UNION
    i did...before the interview, the guy was a fucken asshole, his llike " oooo thats never bad you broke code of practice number this and that, and he told me call this lady, she can be your witness (i dont need a fucken witness, i need someone to help me out) and before he hung up, his like, keep in mind that they are likely to terminate your employment...like i didnt know

  17. #117
    Senior Member greekgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti
    was the in the mangers office, with store manager and prevention, They asked me a total of 120 questions, most of which were repititive, every incident was shown to me by security footage (video downloaded and put on a laptop). Ciel you were right, they were very poor quality(lagged alot & dark), the area it captures is also very poor, but the register i was on, the lights under it were most of the time blown out, so i really dont know, anyways.... alot of times when i didnt drive to work, my mum will come in, and ill leave the register to go clock-off and she will do the shopping and go to the car, he showed me footage of someone using my cards, his like, "whos that?", i explained "its my mother, do you have a problem with that", and he goes on saying that im the only one allowed to use the discount card, anyways....interview questions over! he told me his going to send the interview on paper to hr department at the head office, they will review the documents and then they will call your store manager and tell them what action if any action will be taken against you.

    During the interview he asked me the question : "did you know that you commited a criminal offence" ,i go "no", he also asked me "did you know you can be charged with fraud" (at this time im trying not to piss myself), i said "no". I left the room, so he can call HR and see what action to do. While im waiting in the tea-room speaking to other workers, after a few minutes i can hear in the hall-way a police radar like scretching noises and codes being read out and then someone said something, and concluded with "over".

    and now im FREAKING OUT, "FUCKKK...THEY CALLED THE POLICE!!!!"

    i look to my right and its the armour guards!
    major sign of relief.

    ....
    long story short...lol they call me in and that said head office want to terminate your employment and can you please hand-over your discount card....

    store manager and department managers apologised to me..(dont know why) all the workers asked for my email address and store manager escorted me out of the store...

    bye bye coles lol.

    sorry about the essay.
    ah man i swear u should have called the union. They would have helped u so much. When i was in trouble at coles the SDA guy who was with me said its either going to be the store manager asking u a couple of questions so he can fill a statement report (or something like that) or it will be human resources asking a long series of repetative questions to try and catch you off guard and make it look like u lied. It sounds like they had HR asking u questions.

    But i would have shat myself if i were u, it sounded quite nerve racking - especially when the amour guard guy were walking towards u and u thought they were the cops.

  18. #118
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    HSC
    2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    west syd
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: The Coles Thread

    yeah union works wonders...

    but afterwards they cant really help ..

  19. #119
    Executive Member blakegman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,417
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: The Coles Thread

    PRetty harsh imo.

    Makes me wonder if theyll chec kthe security cameras and see me reaching into my pocket and then pulling stuff out of the registers into my pokcet lol.

    The change orders are such a joke at my work that once i had some spare 20 cent coins in my pocket so i changed them for 50's. Prob looks suss on tape.

  20. #120
    Rambo wrxsti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nandos
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blakegman
    PRetty harsh imo.

    Makes me wonder if theyll chec kthe security cameras and see me reaching into my pocket and then pulling stuff out of the registers into my pokcet lol.

    The change orders are such a joke at my work that once i had some spare 20 cent coins in my pocket so i changed them for 50's. Prob looks suss on tape.
    they wont look at cameras randomly, theres thousands of hours, they not going to sit there looking for suspicious activity. If theres something fishy going on with your scanning records, which is all logged on a computer system, then they might check cameras.
    An architects dream is a Structural Engineers nightmare.

    My engineering skills:


  21. #121
    Plane Nut milocole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Ah Well

    You can go all over the world now with your loaded FlyBuys Card, lol

    Have Fun!

  22. #122
    Gavvvvvin
    Guest

    Re: The Coles Thread

    theyre not allowed to watch the cameras anyway

  23. #123
    Is in A State Of Trance shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    HSC
    2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Syd-ney
    Posts
    2,734
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: The Coles Thread

    they're not allowed to watch the cameras with no reason. Breach of privacy or whatever.
    But if they're reviewing the tapes or whatever, skimming over it; it should be allowed, esp if they're in headoffice doing audits/whatever. That said, i'm not 100% sure of what the policy on cameras is.
    NSW UAI - 'o6 - 90.45
    Undergraduate Course - 'o7 - Bachelor of Commerce - UNSW
    'o8 - Usyd Kendo Club

  24. #124
    Senior Member greekgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shinji
    they're not allowed to watch the cameras with no reason. Breach of privacy or whatever.
    But if they're reviewing the tapes or whatever, skimming over it; it should be allowed, esp if they're in headoffice doing audits/whatever. That said, i'm not 100% sure of what the policy on cameras is.
    Yeah thats wat the SDA say, they cant have a camera focused on one person or something like that, it has to be forcused on an area. And HR can look over videos of a particular person if there til is out (by any amount), if a large number of FB has been processed, etc etc.

  25. #125
    Plane Nut milocole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: The Coles Thread

    Im so pissed. Last week I didn't crush 3 boxes and just left them on the rollcage, much easier as they could fit into the compactor (only small boxes), but the store manager was around, got all grouchy, received the whole "how to crush a box" lecture and now I checked my roster, and my next shift is 3 weeks away because he bitched to my line manger(my name was crossed over on the roster for the next 3weeks). One day they call you the "A+ Casual", and next day your fucked

    I could scream
    Last edited by milocole; 16 Aug 2008 at 12:14 PM.

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •