how long did it take to get a job? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
how long did it take for you to get a job?

Fry

i know, after like 3 months i was so incredibly miserable and thought i was so useless that i would never get a job. i almost gave up but i kept on trying because i was desperate for the money and i needed to put something in my resume since mine is so shit. how long did it take you?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
havent got one yet, i've only just started, and am wondering how long it will take, and listening to how long it's taken others will make sure i am not disheartened

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I can't remember how long I took, I spent at least 2 months looking, handing in resumes, then I said stuff it and stopped looking....then a few months later I got a job because of a friend who quit her job so I took her place :) so I guess it would've taken 2-3 months had I just kept looking

Fry

hmm..that a pretty good way of getting a job. ill just ask everyone i know when they're quitting their job and ill take their place!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Yeah, it's one of the easiest ways to get a job, as it doesn't involve much effort, just being in the right place at the right time. So yeah go ask all your friends!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I started looking at the beginning of year 10, then gave up, then started looking around October and got my job just before Xmas.

Doctor_Z

2 days.

after i posted a thread called 'where should i get a job' in the non-school forum, i got some ideas and got a job.

2 days.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by Doctor_Z
2 days.

after i posted a thread called 'where should i get a job' in the non-school forum, i got some ideas and got a job.

2 days.
Really? very nice
where do you work, then?

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Doctor_Z
2 days.
you serious? fuck you lucky thing!!!!! where you work now

i put resumes in and waiting for calls now... doubt i will get any

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
There are a lot of Cafe's in Cronulla advertising for kitchen hands at the moment for anyone whos looking for a job around that area...

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
I put in a bunch of resumes and got 2 calls for a "meet and greet" interview. went to btoh today, now i'm hoping for call backs for a full proper interview. yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)