Group interview at Woolies (1 Viewer)

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Yeah so i got a call and have to go in for a group interview at Woolies
Who has done one of these, and got through? how did you make yourself look better than the others?
what sort of Q's do they ask?
how did you answer?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Group interview? The only group thing I did when I got my job was goto a tuition session where they made us watch hours of boring videos.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
at the end of year 11 i applied for a job at Big W and had some sort of group interview with about 2 other people which was just a stupid questionaire with questions like "the individual has no voice in a large company" and one of those: strongly agree - agree - neutral - disagree - strongly disagree multiple choice thingies....i made the mistake of putting what i thought...not what they wanted to hear and needless to say, i didnt get the job.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i had the group interview at top ryde for woolies and yeah they havent called me back....yet
doubt they will, i circled some shit on the survey they prob didnt like either like 'having marijuana out of work is acceptable' - heh sure y not

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Yeah i had the group interview today, that 48 questions in 5 mins was crazy, i only got 32 done, but that was the most of anyone around me so meh. How meny did you get?
Those Strongly Agree/Disagree etc questions were pretty retarded, every 2nd one was about drugs, some with almost exact same wording

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
we had plenty of time to finish the 50 survey questions...bcos after that we were allowed to leave early...i wasnt very vocal and didnt stand out in the groupie thing but the skills test i finishd quite a lot ....so fingers crossed!!

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
How do you think you went?
I actually think i went ok, the others in my group werent very vocal so i got to do most of the speaking, i think i did reasonably in the 48 questions, and with the survey it was pretty obvious what they wanted you to say, but i tried not to conform totally to the anti-drugs, strict rules mentality, (didn't want to make it seem like i was purposely lying to win their favour)
where i probably should have.
But then again, i have no experience, so that weighs against me. Oh well, i'll see within a week i guess, and i'll keep applying to other places

Originally posted by amoz_lilo
we had plenty of time to finish the 50 survey questions...bcos after that we were allowed to leave early...i wasnt very vocal and didnt stand out in the groupie thing but the skills test i finishd quite a lot ....so fingers crossed!!
is the skills test that barcode and product recognition one?
yeh we got 15 mins for the 60-odd survey questions, and for once in my life i finished a test early :p but it didnt matter, people were allowed to stay until they'd finished
Yes, fingers crossed indeed... good luck!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I had no experience when I applied at Woolies and they hired me. I've been there for two years, so you never know.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Did you have to do the group interview back then?
Is the job shit?
Hows the pay?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Nope, I had an interview by myself then had to goto two introductory things, which were groups. The first was watching videos and filling in booklets, the second was where we actually got to go on the registers.

The job was okay, but we have a new manager and its gotten shit, because she's put off all the casual staff. I'm only called in when they need me, which is a bit of a bitch but the pay isn't bad, i've come a long way since my 6 bucks an hour.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Fair enough, i guess wether working is ok or shit is hit-or-miss, really

arhhh, i was going to say something else but now i've forgotten ... it'll be back

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
yeah it was that barcode recognition thingo, didnt finish it, doubt ne1 near me did either, only had 5 minutes!!

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
yeah it was that barcode recognition thingo, didnt finish it, doubt ne1 near me did either, only had 5 minutes!!
what question did you get up to?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
amoz, when did you do it?
sorry took long to reply connection wqas fukin up...took 5min for the thing, and left out 8 questions, but i passed the group interview, bcos i got a call eysterday morning and have ANOTHER interview on friday :-( so many interviews for so little pay!!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Ah ok, so it was only recently.

Seriously, Woolworths is one fucked up business. I don't know about Big W, but I hate their supermarkets to death.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i checked the pay for 15/16 year old and i'd seriously consider applying for a job somewhere else if it wasnt bcos of the travel difficulties *my friends job is $13/hr at Superdome at Homebush serving food

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Ah ok, so it was only recently.

Seriously, Woolworths is one fucked up business. I don't know about Big W, but I hate their supermarkets to death.
-Why is that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)