money and/or experience? (1 Viewer)

jayz

walking
this may sound lame to some ppl, but r current high school leavers like us really trying to make money out of jobs? or r u intending to get the workexperience required to get better jobs in the future? (where can u get good acknowledged workexperience?)

^___^
HSC
both..

doesn't matter if ur getting paid 5bucks an hr working in KFC or maccas...thing is, experience counts..and after one yr of hard work...the money is there(thats if u save it and dun spend it all)

so technically, when u get any job, both experience and money will be rewarded...its just the matter of knowing what to do with it that counts..(ie, money, spend it all after u earned it...experience, not taking ur job seriously and not turning up to shifts)

jayz

walking
no offence dunt fink i would put down working at fast food outlets as part of my resume. anyway, do u noe any good organisation where u can earn good workexpeirence? i.e. charities, etc?
thanks man

^___^
HSC
working at a fast food restuarant..haha..

kid, when u go out there with the resume saying KFC or McDOnalds, this applies worldwide...these two companies are literally known by everybody...its not the work that u do in ur job that counts, its where u work and what the manager thinks of u counts more...

of course cooking chips and chicken is got nothing to do with say being an accountant or a rocket scientist...but having that McDonalds and KFC will make u more suitable for the job than other ppl who say never worked...

if u dun have a job and want to have something down, work for social work for things like st vinct de paul, red cross and stuff, do wonders for the resume too...

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
plus the skills you earn like
communication skillz urmm yeh..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you need experience at some time to be up with all the others who have experience, when you are in competition with them for bigger and better jobs

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
experience is the main thing, the money is jst the bonus

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by jayz
no offence dunt fink i would put down working at fast food outlets as part of my resume.

Im not defending Maccas here or anything cos its the last place Id get a job, but having Maccas on ur resume is very impressive cos their training and customer service regimes are very stringent and they are recognised in the employment world as one of the best first-steps for employees. Its a similar story with KFC.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
my friend she works at maccas she get $11/h
how old is she? because that pay isn't too bad, i was always under the impression they paid worse than that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)