Continuation of Youth Allowance (1 Viewer)

kewpid

HSC
Hi, I got a letter from Centrelink this week saying:

Our records currently state that your course will end on 20 December 2003. Please notify Centrelink if this date is incorrect. To continue your Youth Allowance as a fullt-time student, you must advise Centrelink that you intend to study next semester."

I can continue to receive Youth Allowance if I indicate that I'm continuing to study at Uni, but they ask specific details like the start/end date of the course and the course name, but we haven't received our HSC results yet, let alone courses we got into at Uni.

Is anyone else in this situation, do you know what to do?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by kewpid
Hi, I got a letter from Centrelink this week saying:

Our records currently state that your course will end on 20 December 2003. Please notify Centrelink if this date is incorrect. To continue your Youth Allowance as a fullt-time student, you must advise Centrelink that you intend to study next semester."

I can continue to receive Youth Allowance if I indicate that I'm continuing to study at Uni, but they ask specific details like the start/end date of the course and the course name, but we haven't received our HSC results yet, let alone courses we got into at Uni.

Is anyone else in this situation, do you know what to do?

i have a question, how do you get youth allowance? i thought you were only allowed youth allowance if you've moved out or something..?

kewpid

HSC
Thanks for your replies.

johnson: you can get youth allowance if your parents make an insanely low amount of money.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
i have a question, how do you get youth allowance? i thought you were only allowed youth allowance if you've moved out or something..?
No, you can get youth allowance if you live at home.

But is less pay than 'away from home' rate, and is means tested unless your considered independent.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by kewpid
Thanks for your replies.

johnson: you can get youth allowance if your parents make an insanely low amount of money.
I won't say 'insanely low amount of money' because i know rich cunts getting youth allowance.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
I won't say 'insanely low amount of money' because i know rich cunts getting youth allowance.
oh alright, thanks guys.
i'm just trying to figure shit out, because i've got to move out next year. my parents earn over the threshold thingo so i probably won't be able to get youth allowance (they're not supporting me etc)

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
yeah i got that same letter on friday, im gonna ring em 2morrow and see exactly what they want, bcuz like they sed they wanna know what course we're studyin nxt yr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)