Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 900
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The McDonald's Thread

  1. #51
    mr jumb jumb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,203
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsickofyear12
    I would never work at maccas. I wouldn't last a week I would get sick of it and quit. I have a job now that's a lot better anyway.
    How can you say your job's better when you haven't even worked at maccas?

  2. #52
    Beyond Godlike Serius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    3,133
    Rep Power
    11
    because everyone knows its Mcshit! ok? if you want low pay, poor work environment where you work your ass off, and get all greasy and bad skin, then work maccas[ or kfc, i heard lots of grease there aswell] for those reasons i wont work in a fast food, shopping supermarkets are heaps better, as long as you arent checkouts the work isnt as running around, a little bit more physical i guess with boxes and stuff but you arent run off your feet its all nice and relaxed... plus better pay, i get payed more than a 19 yr old at maccas.


    Just because you are paranoid doesnt mean they arent after you

    Quote Originally Posted by blah101
    i highly doubt u could drive something just below the speed of light i do belive the ground speed record is in the region of 350mph which is a mear 100 times less that the speed of light idiot so in order to travel the speed at which u specify would i not need to be poileting the vehicle?

  3. #53
    Loquacious One iamsickofyear12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,979
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by jumb
    How can you say your job's better when you haven't even worked at maccas?
    Because I get paid 3 times as much.
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember
    that the fire department generally uses water.

  4. #54
    Drummer Boy Meads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Serius
    because everyone knows its Mcshit! ok? if you want low pay, poor work environment where you work your ass off, and get all greasy and bad skin, then work maccas[ or kfc, i heard lots of grease there aswell] for those reasons i wont work in a fast food, shopping supermarkets are heaps better, as long as you arent checkouts the work isnt as running around, a little bit more physical i guess with boxes and stuff but you arent run off your feet its all nice and relaxed... plus better pay, i get payed more than a 19 yr old at maccas.
    this bullshit about maccas being low pay is dikcshit...all casual positions pay in the same hourly pay bracket...that is the only way that employees remain competitive...

  5. #55
    StudyforEver SashatheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    5,665
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Stacie
    i worked there for 3 years. i think for an 18 year old the pay is llike 10 or 11 dollars an hour.

    just be friendly and outgoing. and you will either work on the front counter and serve customers or else flip burgers in the back area

    does anyone actually flip burgers? they use the glill, and then take them off. noone flips. hate that expression

  6. #56
    mr jumb jumb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,203
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsickofyear12
    Because I get paid 3 times as much.
    A high pay, does not a good job make.

  7. #57
    Loquacious One iamsickofyear12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,979
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by jumb
    A high pay, does not a good job make.
    That's not the only reason it's just one of the main ones.
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember
    that the fire department generally uses water.

  8. #58
    mr jumb jumb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,203
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsickofyear12
    That's not the only reason it's just one of the main ones.
    Maccas pay is pretty shit, but there's something about it that I enjoy. Probably the fact that I am always doing something and the fact that it's a team environment, unlike most other places that young people work.

  9. #59
    Loquacious One iamsickofyear12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,979
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by jumb
    Maccas pay is pretty shit, but there's something about it that I enjoy. Probably the fact that I am always doing something and the fact that it's a team environment, unlike most other places that young people work.
    I like my job but the pay just makes it so much better. In the last week and a half I made $1000, today alone I made $225 and tomorrow I will make at least another $250. For a uni student living at home that's a pretty good deal. It would take a long time to make that at maccas.
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember
    that the fire department generally uses water.

  10. #60
    StudyforEver SashatheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    5,665
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsickofyear12
    I like my job but the pay just makes it so much better. In the last week and a half I made $1000, today alone I made $225 and tomorrow I will make at least another $250. For a uni student living at home that's a pretty good deal. It would take a long time to make that at maccas.
    what do u do?

  11. #61
    Loquacious One iamsickofyear12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,979
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by SashatheMan
    what do u do?
    I work for a bed business doing deliveries and waterbeds. It helps that it's the family business but if I was a private contractor and had to hire someone I would be getting around the same anyway.
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember
    that the fire department generally uses water.

  12. #62
    Senior Member pete_mate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    597
    Rep Power
    9
    tell me why you would want to work at macca's, if they're only paying 18 yr olds $10 You should be the one interviewing Them!

    "what have you got to offer me in working conditions if im only getting $10?"

    im pretty sure 18yr olds get 12-14, and the conditions in macdonalds is shit.

    and the reference, isnt it degrading to say you've worked at macdonalds? sure; it'd help getting a job in another fast food place, but what about a good white collar one?

    some menial jobs are good for getting a real one, this isnt one of them as far as im concerned

  13. #63
    (m==)m LMF^^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Stretford End
    Posts
    3,779
    Rep Power
    12
    I'm 18, I get $12/hr at Maccaz.

    Sometimez itz good, when nothin happenz so you can take it ez. But other timez you just wanna get out of the shit hole. But I guess thatz what work iz all about.

    They don't give me enough shiftz though, and thatz why I'm lookin fo another job.

  14. #64
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    HERE
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    9
    I work at Maccas $9.55 for a 17 year old is shit house especially seeing that at my maccas you never can stop working, I can earn more money by begging on the street than by working at maccas, also people that eat at maccas are the biggest bogans around, and complain at the slightest error, FUCK U MACCAS

  15. #65
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    10
    Who's been to the Rosehill Maccas? Is it pretty quiet there?

  16. #66
    pLuvia
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityboy
    I work at Maccas $9.55 for a 17 year old is shit house especially seeing that at my maccas you never can stop working, I can earn more money by begging on the street than by working at maccas, also people that eat at maccas are the biggest bogans around, and complain at the slightest error, FUCK U MACCAS
    i work at maccas.. waitara macca.s fucing shit house.. gonan quit very soon.. fucing dichead store manager

  17. #67
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    HERE
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    9
    What are u complaining about I worked Thornleigh, its always busy, at least at Waitara you can bludge about for pay, thank God I quit

  18. #68
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    HSC
    2006
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    9

    McDonalds Interview

    I have an interview for McDonalds...what should i wear????

  19. #69
    Senior Member Chris.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    HSC
    2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: McDonalds Interview

    dress as the hamburgler!!

  20. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    417
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: McDonalds Interview

    Nice slacks and a nice shirt (not a T-shirt- a shirt with a collar). Don't dress it up too much, but look presentable. Guys: no tie. Girls: minimal make up. Hair should be neat and kept out of the face. No visible tattoos or piercings.

    Just my thoughts on the matter. But hamburglar would be cool too!

  21. #71
    Ohh, you touch my tralala
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,066
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: McDonalds Interview

    Maccas interviews aren't exactly what i'd call high-pressure situations pretty sure you could wear anything and get the job. I was just wearing my school uniform for my interview..

  22. #72
    <3 babikakez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Under an invisibility cloak
    Posts
    3,642
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: McDonalds Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Legham
    I was just wearing my school uniform for my interview..
    Many companies (including McDonalds and Woolworths) actually encourage wearing your school uniform (if your interview is after school). But i agree with aussiechica7: dressing in 'smart casual' will almost ensure that you're successful.

  23. #73
    littlewing69
    Guest

    Re: McDonalds Interview

    Try not to dribble excessively, and you'll probably get the job.

  24. #74
    may our bodies remain simonloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    by a lakeside mile
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: McDonalds Interview

    i suggest something smart, grooming would be good. i went to an interview for maccas. they never replied. that was pretty slack.

  25. #75
    is gonna lawyer you timlay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Fobtown
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: McDonalds Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by simonloo
    i suggest something smart, grooming would be good. i went to an interview for maccas. they never replied. that was pretty slack.

    lol serious? try wearing school uniform. :P ! and sometimes its because you demand good working shifts, that they reject you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Legham
    I was just wearing my school uniform for my interview..
    i wore school uniform too!


    but yeah..wear anything. what kind of a person would wear a suit for a maccas interview.. :P

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •