Forum ideas (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys, well I've been in the job for over a week now, and I really would like to sparkle up the forums a bit, I think they can be a source of fun and information (jeez that sounds lame :p).

So i'm calling on any ideas you have for the forum/sub-forums.

One of my ideas in general are to collate some information into a single sticky, as Employment seems to have a fair few, as well as updating the information a bit.

I mean, I dont really know if much needs to be changed, but I'm open to suggestions. So please, throw them at me!

I will keep this thread stickied for two weeks.

greekgun

HSC
Just curious, how are u going to sticky the threads?
I rekon it might be easier if u collaborate some of the info, like put all the coles info that has been submitted by various users in the coles thread and summarise it in the first post or something - likewise with all the other ones.
Sounds like alot of work
have fun

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Would you consider merging Woolworths + Woolworths FAQ? It will become a massive thread but because the posts are relatively dated in FAQ it probably wouldn't affect reading/searching through it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i think perhaps we should be able to introduce a system in which public users rate how well mods are using their power (apart from the rep system)
I was referring more specifically to ideas for Empolyment, Real Estate and Travel

Peartie

HSC
A Grad Job page maybe? with hints and ideas for people looking @ Grad jobs

im just saying this because im filling out all the damned forms atm :D

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
A Grad Job page maybe? with hints and ideas for people looking @ Grad jobs

im just saying this because im filling out all the damned forms atm :D
Will get onto that in the next week or so (have 2 days off, so probably sooner rather than later)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, was trawling through some old threads, and noticed this idea http://community.boredofstudies.org...te-travel/101825/new-subsection-finances.html

from a few years ago. To summarise, it was the idea of having a Money/Finance subforum along with Travel and Employment, given the "current financial situation" i think it's an idea worth considering, any thoughts. Now I can't garuntee one would be created, but, if it has broad support i will fight for it

Suic1de

Banned
HSC
How about a junior section. I'd like to discuss which kindergarten my first child should attend to guarantee he will end up in university etc.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I tried to make a post for Grad jobs the other day, but I'm not really sure what I should put in there, Maybe a few links, some copypasta from other websites?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)