Thread: Store Manager Coles/Woolies/Big W/Target

HSC
    N/A

Question Store Manager Coles/Woolies/Big W/Target

Does anyone know the pay rates for a Coles/Woolworths/Big W/Target Store Manager in NSW?

Also interested in chatting with anyone who has any info regarding the interview process, superannuation, etc (basically any info at all!) in regard to the above positions.

Thanks!

HSC

Re: Store Manager Coles/Woolies/Big W/Target

26 bucks an hour.

HSC
    Uni Grad

There is no set rate, they are on salary, so it depends on the size of the store, experience etc (in Woolworths @ least).

It's not a job you just walk into, you'd need experience, generally i'd say the career path would be something like this (again for woolworths)

Entry Level role (for probably at least 3-5 years) -> 2IC of department (again, probably for 3-5 years) -> Cert III training (not necescarily a must) -> Department Manager (3-5 years, in a variety of departments) -> Store Management Training -> Assistant Manager -> Store Manager.

Obviously with prior management experience this process might be shortened, but from entry level to store manager probably takes minimum 10 years, from middle management, 5-7 years, from previous managerial experience 3-5 years.

HSC

Or do it in two with the Coles grad program

HSC

Target pays the most, then Big W, then Woolies, and coles last.

I will go through BigW as I work here...There is a 20yr old Assistant Store Manager at my Store, so they are not always going to hire people with say 10yrs experience.

The salaries are listed below. Bonuses range from $100-6000, depending on store sales targets etc..at my store, they all got $500 cause sales are weak and some people are not doing the best job..Although a Store Manager can get a higher bonus, all dependent on performance
    These are the following Salaries.
    Store Manager: 90k
    Assistant Store Manager: 65k
    Business Manager (Home, Leisure, Apparel, Consumables): 48k
    Night Business Manager: 45k
    Night Department Manager: 42k
    Trainee Manager: 42k

You don't always need to work yourself up the chain, because that is hell in itself. I see they advertise Store Management positions online, but most likely you would be a ASM for 6 months then put you into the Big Chair..Store Manager gets a new Company Car, and so does a ASM if they relocate you to another store that is quite a distance from where you live. They dont generally move ASM's/Store Managers around, mainly just Night BM's.
    Last edited by milocole; 4 Oct 2009 at 10:44 AM.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by milocole View Post
    Target pays the most, then Big W, then Woolies, and coles last.

I will go through BigW as I work here...There is a 20yr old Assistant Store Manager at my Store, so they are not always going to hire people with say 10yrs experience.

The salaries are listed below. Bonuses range from $100-6000, depending on store sales targets etc..at my store, they all got $500 cause sales are weak and some people are not doing the best job..Although a Store Manager can get a higher bonus, all dependent on performance
    These are the following Salaries.
    Store Manager: 90k
    Assistant Store Manager: 65k
    Business Manager (Home, Leisure, Apparel, Consumables): 48k
    Night Business Manager: 45k
    Night Department Manager: 42k
    Trainee Manager: 42k

You don't always need to work yourself up the chain, because that is hell in itself. I see they advertise Store Management positions online, but most likely you would be a ASM for 6 months then put you into the Big Chair..Store Manager gets a new Company Car, and so does a ASM if they relocate you to another store that is quite a distance from where you live. They dont generally move ASM's/Store Managers around, mainly just Night BM's.
    i should have worked @ Big W

HSC
    N/A

Thanks for your help guys.

Any more info would be appreciated, and also any info on K-Mart Store Managers too...thanks!

Thread Information