Office Assistant (1 Viewer)

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
i recently got a casual job as a office assistant and they asked me what i expected my salary to be..can anyone help me with this?

Jin-17

hard question mate. They are really testing you out for this. Its like a double edged sowrd, where if u ask for too much than they will get anoyed, but if u ask too little, than u will get anoyed. If I was you, I probably ask for the normal award wage perhaps?
Or maybe just be like the poticians and avoid the question, such as you are more keen to work longer hours and having the privlege of working for this company, which can at the same time make u seem like a better worker, who shows initiative and willigness to work more and want to contribute something to the company.
I hope that helped you out

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
You cant GET a salary when your only a casual, your paid by the hour at a fixed rate.

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazy
You cant GET a salary when your only a casual, your paid by the hour at a fixed rate.
yes i know..i think what they mean was what wage i was expecting..

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Jin-17
hard question mate. They are really testing you out for this. Its like a double edged sowrd, where if u ask for too much than they will get anoyed, but if u ask too little, than u will get anoyed. If I was you, I probably ask for the normal award wage perhaps?
Or maybe just be like the poticians and avoid the question, such as you are more keen to work longer hours and having the privlege of working for this company, which can at the same time make u seem like a better worker, who shows initiative and willigness to work more and want to contribute something to the company.
I hope that helped you out
yeh thanks a lot. i'll see what happens.

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
orangeguy! U betrayed me!
i thought we were gonna open a noodle store together in eastward!
:mad1:
hehe..no worries..this is only a casual job ::rolleyes::
the noddle shop is stil my number one priorirty :)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
office assistant! man wat were u finking?!!? Noodle shop owner is the way to go!
wtf do u do as an office assistant?

regarding the wage
u gotta use enterprise bargaining man! 2 yrs of eco down the drain already and the test isn't even over yet! Tell him that if he under pays you, they u'll take him down to the industrial tribunal. He's bound to employ u then.
Plus u hafta tell him that u can make 2 minute noodles in 2 minutes! You'll set off an wage price spiral!

Last edited:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Are you 18? What's minimum wage, anyway? (Something like $6/hr at major retailers)

Just have a general idea of what other people get paid for the same sort of work and hours - somewhere between $10 and $20 /hr works really nicely for a post-HSC job :)

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Minimum wage for a casual at coles for an 18 year old is about $11, im part-time and im on $9.70. But u should be on more than that...you should join a union too

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
im looking for other options to see where i can work first..
anyone got any ideas where i can find any?
i think the money goes into my bank account :confused:

Sarah J

HSC
just look in the wednesday herald. There's always heaps there.

What requirements do you need to be an office assistant?

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
yeh ive found many positions for office assisnants but all of them are full time jobs and not part time or casual..do u think its feasible to work full time and just quit when uni starts? you need nothing to be a office assistant..most of them only require you to be a school leaver..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)