Event Cinemas?? (1 Viewer)

rosemcc

HSC
Hey guys - I just got a job at event cinemas today for casual work, and I'm 18.
1. We never discussed pay so I was wondering if anyone knew how much I would get (and if I earn less at the beginning because there is a 3-month trial I think...)
and
2. Has anyone worked for event before? Or I guess any cinema? What's the work like? Demanding? Fun? Dreadful?
Thanks!!

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
iirc its $10 per hour for the first year paid cash and $7 per hour on trial
2) its alrite you meet the scum of society

such_such

HSC
My friend worked there... she quit because she was already working at Maccas and everyone there were adults. But I remember the pay was quite good ($15/h maybe).

I think the may reason she quit was that they gave her really late hours (12pm-ish) while she still had school.

such_such

HSC
My friend worked there... she quit because she was already working at Maccas and everyone there were adults. But I remember the pay was quite good ($15/h maybe).

I think the may reason she quit was that they gave her really late hours (12pm-ish) while she still had school.

rosemcc

HSC
Aw man! I was hoping it would be at least 15... plus for the first few weeks I doubt I'll be able to work more than 5-10 hours a week. Thanks for the replies though!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Hey guys - I just got a job at event cinemas today for casual work, and I'm 18.
1. We never discussed pay so I was wondering if anyone knew how much I would get (and if I earn less at the beginning because there is a 3-month trial I think...)
and
2. Has anyone worked for event before? Or I guess any cinema? What's the work like? Demanding? Fun? Dreadful?
Thanks!!
You can ask them what the pay is. Just a casual 'oh hey I forgot to ask the other week, but what's the pay for this position?' You've already accepted the job so I don't think they'd find it weird and it's not as though the money is going to be a deciding factor as to whether you take it or not.

My brother works for an independent cinema and enjoys it most of the time. Mostly busy before the film starts, then it's quiet for a while so can be demanding, but not for long periods.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Do you get discounts on watching movies or other things. If so how much?

Ajaxx

HSC
N/A
Used to work at a cinema too.

Pay was I think a bit less than $15 an hour after the trial period.

I actually quite liked it although it depends on what your co-workers and managers are like.

I used to work during the day on weekdays mostly, so it owuld be busy for about 20 mins every couple of hours and then just alot of time to stand around between movies.

Hated night/weekend shifts though cleaning a busy cinema of all popcorn/rubbish before the next movie starts was so annoying.

Hope you enjoy it

rosemcc

HSC
Do you get discounts on watching movies or other things. If so how much?
After 5 shifts I get $4 dollar movies (which I can use on average once a week). After my 3 month trial, Me and a friend get $4 movies (again, about once a week).

ryansyed43

HSC
Hi rosemcc, just curious how did you apply for event cinemas?? Thank u!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)