kfc or mcdonalds? (1 Viewer)

megaman64

HSC
I've got interviews at both kfc and mcdonalds and wondering which is better to be working at. which has the better pay etc. I'm a 17 yr old.

Thanks

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Pay will pretty much be the same.

Go to both interviews and observe what the managers/co-workers are like and how busy the stores get and such.
There is nothing worse than having to work under a shit manager or with shit coworkers

megaman64

HSC
Would the busier stores be the better places to work at?

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Would the busier stores be the better places to work at?
Yes and no. When it's busier, you'll always be occupied and it makes your shift feel like its really quick. Having to stand around with nothing to do is really boring and makes time move 10 times slower.
But for some reason, customers are a lot worse when its busy especially when you have to juggle a lot of tasks and they're breathing down your neck because their kids didnt get the toy they wanted or whatever.

From what I've seen at Maccas and KFC (havent actually worked in either btw, so correct me if i'm wrong), at maccas they usually have the juniors on the counter, the team leaders serving the food and of course the people out the back. And at KFC you have to handle the counter and serve the food which gets a little messy at lunchtime.
So I guess if you're not so good at handling pressure the quieter store would be better. But thats something thats completely up to you.

megaman64

HSC
Do the people at the register earn more than the people at the back? or is it the same.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's the same. But ask in the interview to clarify that

jnney

lemon
HSC
At McDonalds, usually the girls work at the counter, and the guys at the back.

megaman64

HSC
I got accepted at KFC and they are requiring my bank account details. What details should I be giving them?

aceer

HSC
None, find a job elsewhere.. Trust me it's pretty bad working in fast food

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
None, find a job elsewhere.. Trust me it's pretty bad working in fast food
It's not for everyone, but it's certainly not as crap as people like you make it out to be. It's fine working-you just do it, there's no incentive in it but at the end of the day it pays up,plus if you work at front counter like me, you end up working with decent looking girls most of the time(maybe it's just my store). The issue usually revolves around managers. A large percentage quit from either not being able to toughen up or they have shit managers.

aceer

HSC
It's not for everyone, but it's certainly not as crap as people like you make it out to be. It's fine working-you just do it, there's no incentive in it but at the end of the day it pays up,plus if you work at front counter like me, you end up working with decent looking girls most of the time(maybe it's just my store). The issue usually revolves around managers. A large percentage quit from either not being able to toughen up or they have shit managers.
I have worked at kfc and personally I would prefer my job at jb hifi

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
I have worked at kfc and personally I would prefer my job at jb hifi
really...i've worked at both fast food/hospitality and jb hi fi and i MUCH rather hospitality. retail customers are a lot worse than hospitality and it was just mentally draining having to serve the mean/time wasters/whingers. although the discounts were great and not having to leave work all sticky and dirty, never ever going back to retail.

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
Ive worked at maccas and it was good when i started (first job) but then deteriorated from there on in. 2am finishes, 1am on school nights, sporadic rosters, if you can describe them that way, and egotistical 20yo managers who are nice for the first 3 months but are then just annoying. Now im at dick smith, commission breeds the incentive to work harder and increase your pay by 25%. Much prefer dickies with air con, no oil, the best boss i will probably ever have and some customer interaction. I worked out the back at maccas and thus had no customer interaction at all, and although i do get some shitty ones at dick smith, the good ones actually make up for it. Sometimes it makes you feel better that youve decked out someones living room with a tv, sound system and bluray player that you want yourself (while bringing in more dollars for the store and yourself).

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
KFC is great. I've been working there for about a year and a half. People I work with a really nice, managers too. Flexible shifts with no late nights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)