Job/Degree Ideas (1 Viewer)

qf11bd

HSC
Hi,

I'm having trouble finding too many jobs that incorporate 3 things I really enjoy - Business, IT and travel (aviation would be also ideal as I do have a strong interest in that, but not necessary). I'd love to be able to do an IT job that included management (operations, marketing, HR etc.) and also even travelling (I do understand a consultant job would fit this). Of course the position wouldn't start out with a very high-up management position, but an overall goal would to get into a career that did include this after business/IT experience. Travelling isn't something that would make or break my interest in a job, but would be an added bonus to head around to other Australian cities whenever necessary. I am a Wollongong area resident, so I would be going to the UOW. I was eyeing off either a Bachelor in Business, Bachelor in Information Technology or a Bachelor in Business Information Technology. So my main two questions would be, do you know of any jobs that would satisfy those criteria? And do you have any suggestions as to which degree would be best in order to qualify for a job like that?

Much Appreciated!

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Consulting is probably your best bet, but I suggest going to a more prestige university for that, or an MBA after to start as an associate(so that you're not compared with your UOW degree. Management positions in general in big companies in the business/IT industry generally do have you fly around interstate and even internationally for higher positions(conferences,meetings etc..). You can always do accounting and become a accountant manager for a mining company, which manages like several mines, this would probably have you fly around. I suggest going first into a well-known company for work experience and then after a few years start searching for a job with travel involved,most jobs don't start with you flying around(expect the ones you mentioned plus one or two others), it's better to get experience with a company that put's prestige under your name and then that's when you pick out a job you like.(if you can)

honey23

HSC
N/A
Why not do your degree (business/IT maybe - check the website) and apply with the defense force/navy? That way, some of your interests will be apart of your job.
I hear that they run a scholarship program where your university education is sponsored so long as you join them when you graduate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)