My Resume and my Life :( (1 Viewer)

Ton5698

HSC
hello
Im a yr 10 student right now and i dont rlly have any solid interests. I sometimes play some tennis on the weekends and read some books. I'm quite worried about my resume and what careers i would want to pursue later in life :(

Please help me think of a way to get some hobbies and figure out what i should do to secure my future. Any help would be much appreciated. Comments, suggestions etc. would be great.

Thanks Again :)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you considered any leadership positions?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
do some volunteer work in an area that interests you.

take on a leadership position.

do whatever you need to to figure out what you like.

if you just want a job, apply for a generic retail position and you'll find out whether you like customer service or not really quickly.

stop stressing you're in yr 10, a lot of people get to the end of their degree and still have no idea what they want to do.

Ton5698

HSC
What extra-cirricular activities can i do?
Duke of Ed seems to take up ALOT of the school time and i would always miss out on work in class (its annoying to catch up)
Im also not that keen on leadership roles (SRC, prefect) because i dont feel like im the right person for the job so yeah.
Could someone give me like a list of hobbies they do and maybe some things i should get involved in?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
knitting, gardening (volunteer to garden for old peoples' homes), salvation army stuff, bridge, quad biking, basketball, etc

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
do some volunteer work in an area that interests you.

take on a leadership position.

do whatever you need to to figure out what you like.

if you just want a job, apply for a generic retail position and you'll find out whether you like customer service or not really quickly.

stop stressing you're in yr 10, a lot of people get to the end of their degree and still have no idea what they want to do.
+1

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Are there any particular types of jobs you think may interest you?

Ton5698

HSC
Well my school is holding a Salvation Army Door-to-door appeal thing in May i think and im not sure if i should do it?
My friend says that doing this wouldnt be that good because ppl will reject you (the ppl you knock on) and it will give you a bad gut feeling.
I would like some help :D
Thanks for being supportive guys!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Well my school is holding a Salvation Army Door-to-door appeal thing in May i think and im not sure if i should do it?
My friend says that doing this wouldnt be that good because ppl will reject you (the ppl you knock on) and it will give you a bad gut feeling.
I would like some help :D
Thanks for being supportive guys!
Just go ahead and do it. If it's terrible, just remember it's only for a few hours, and never do it again.

Ton5698

HSC
Ok, :D i think ill do it then after some encouragement from you guys...
But what other things can i do which i can then place on my resume :O
Has anybody done a competition called the "Australian Chemsitry Quiz"?? :D
Btw does anyone have any practice sheets for maths (past papers from yr 9,10,11-preferably yr 10) that i could use because im not that good at Maths right now (2nd last class in the grade). :(

kfnmpah

HSC
don't actually do anything just make it up

'yep i played and reffed soccer in school i love soccer' meanwhile never having played a game of soccer in your life literally what kind of job are you going to get that requires you to play soccer other than a soccer player

~the only thing more impressive than my achievements is my resume~

but also you should probably try to be less boring because you sound pretty boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)