Coles interview and job offer (1 Viewer)

danielau

HSC
Hi everyone

I had my group interview last Wednesday and they told us that they would call the people who were successful, back next week for another interview. Today, they called me back but I missed the call so I called them back a while later and they really didn't explicitly state that I had "passed" the group interview stage, but they asked if I had time to come back some time next week for another interview. Again, I don't really recall if they said it was a one on one and if it means that I have passed the group interview. However, I only assume that it is one on one because I have done the group interview already and I also assumed that I have passed the first stage of the recruitment process because they said they would only call those back that have passed and provide sufficient feedback for improvement for those who were unsuccessful.

Anyway, my question is, does this mean I have secured myself my place a job? I have read numerous forums online and the general consensus is that, if you have been called back for an additional interview, it is pretty much a 'you have got the job, come in and tell me what hours you can work'. These people have said that it only takes ~20 minutes because you are only there to confirm your availability. On the other hand, a handful of people have said that no, this does not mean I have the job and some have been refused an offer after the one-on-one because it was a somewhat formal interview which asked questions like, why you want to work for coles, what you can offer coles etc.

TLDR: If I have been called back for a one on one interview, after attending the group interview, does this mean I have secured myself the job or must I past this additional recruitment process to be offered a position?

Thank you very much

Kurby

HSC
N/A
What position are you going for? If its like check out chick, then yeah its probably just a formality. They don't spend big bucks on recruitment for stockers and check outs. But still prepare well for it just in case..

danielau

HSC
What position are you going for? If its like check out chick, then yeah its probably just a formality. They don't spend big bucks on recruitment for stockers and check outs. But still prepare well for it just in case..
It is for 'various', so no position in particular. They gave us a list of positions available and told us to number them in preference. I've asked some more people and they actually said that it doesn't mean I have secured the job. There are still a number of questions to be asked and a possibility that I won't get the job apparently. I'm worried!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)