Want journalism experience? (1 Viewer)

sobrien123

HSC
Hey everyone!
I am currently in the very early phases of getting an exciting project I have been thinking about for a long time into fruition. My aim is to create an online magazine for youth, by youth. As a future teacher I am very passionate about this project as I want to give those going through high school the chance to get experience and a reference within the journalism / communications field (An opportunity I wish I had), by writing articles for Experience Magazine.

The magazine is in its very early establishment phase and I am at the point where I am looking to build up a team of contributors to then launch the magazine within the month (depending on interest of contributors.) Unfortunately this is an unpaid position, as even I am not earning anything from this project. However those that contribute can put the magazine down as experience in the journalism / communication industry for trying to get a job or applying for uni after school has finished. I will be more than happy to write a glowing reference letter as well for any contributors that ask.

If this magazine gets off the ground and we get sponsors, the positions could then become commission based, but at this point in time they are unpaid.

So who can contribute?
Anyone!
There is no experience required to become a contributor. Ideally I am looking for student with a passion in journalism, photojournalism, reviewing, communications, or anyone who simply wants to give it a go. Contributors while having no set requirements would ideally contribute an article every week or fortnight. Of course I understand as school students life can be extremely stressful with assignments and exams at certain times and therefore there are no set expectations for the amount of articles that are contributed.

The magazine would be split into sections, covering areas ranging from sports, fashion, science, technology, music, art, and school life. So if writing articles about any of those areas interest you, then please feel free to apply. (Or even if you would like to write about something else, then apply as well!)

I myself have studied a degree in communications and advertising and am now studying to become an English / History High school teacher, so for those interested I can also provide crash courses in writing styles and communications.

Anyone who is interested don't hesitate to email: experienceforyouth<at>gmail<dot>com
In the email please talk a little bit about yourself as well as your interests, and experience (if any).
Also in the email please let me know if you have any interesting ideas about the magazine as it is still in its early production phases it is easily adaptable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)