How to answer this appropriately? (1 Viewer)

Pastilles

HSC
N/A
hey guys,
How do you approach and answer this question appropriately when applying for an internship:
"What do you hope to learn from this internship?"

Last edited:

Pastilles

HSC
N/A
Was hoping for more serious and helpful answers from those who have experience/insight in recruitment.....

Pastilles

HSC
N/A
Like other than the obvious answers of wanting to gain more experience/skills, to get a feel of the firm, challenge my ability etc

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Was hoping for more serious and helpful answers from those who have experience/insight in recruitment.....
what answer were you expecting? every time i get asked this answer at an interview it is pretty much always the same response. want to be apart of this gig you got going on, i can offer this to help with this, etc, etc

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
although im in no position to provide any advice since im still in high school, but my response would be talking about liek gaining industrial experience, leadership skills etc.etc. and ultimately helping the business increase profit

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
hey guys,
How do you approach and answer this question appropriately when applying for an internship:
"What do you hope to learn from this internship?"
I always make a bs response

An internship will allow me to develop practical skills applicable to any business environment as well developing my soft skills (such as interacting with staff, expanding on your ability to handle diverse situations). This opportunity will essentially allow me to develop myself as a professional.

You can state after that what existing skills you have on offer and why your presence as an intern will triumph over every other candidate who wants exp.

Just sell yourself and your aspirations, show them you really want it.

enoilgam

HSC
Discuss how it will allow you to build your skills in certain areas (applicable to the position) and link it to your future career goals (HR love people with long term aspirations). Also, as Casey mentioned, link it to the skills you already possess and explain how the role will allow you to build on them.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on what the internship is I guess.

I'd wager something on opportunities to learn/develop, practical insight into your chosen career path, organisation/firm you want to start your career with, potential longer term goals alignment, opportunity to apply your studies, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)