First time job (1 Viewer)

wasd

HSC
Hello, i'm beginning applying for xmas casual jobs but i don't have any past work experience, what should i write on my resume?

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
- Skills e.g. good words per minute rate, can do excel work etc
- Times you have volunteered for something
- Any certificates/awards you have won whether it is academic or sporting
- Values you can bring to the workplace e.g. you are a hardworker, honest and motivated e.t.c
- Put times you are available to work
- Any extracurricular activities to show that you are a well rounded person
- Any positions of responsibility e.g. class captain

Make sure to add some references as well! Maybe ask a teacher you trust?

+ It might be good to hand deliver the resume face to face instead of submitting online.

luketancred

HSC
I know lots of people screw their nose up at fast food jobs, but I would suggest seriously considering them as an option. Depending on your age, they are really easy to get a job and with online applications your resume will not actually matter that much. Personally, I have worked at KFC for over 4 years now, and have had other part time jobs as a second form of income; however, I find fast food is an easy source of income for a relatively small amount of work. Always a good starting point to get some experience and you may find you actually don't mind it :)

Good luck :)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I know lots of people screw their nose up at fast food jobs, but I would suggest seriously considering them as an option. Depending on your age, they are really easy to get a job and with online applications your resume will not actually matter that much. Personally, I have worked at KFC for over 4 years now, and have had other part time jobs as a second form of income; however, I find fast food is an easy source of income for a relatively small amount of work. Always a good starting point to get some experience and you may find you actually don't mind it :)

Good luck :)
Truth has been spoken - Especially some girls who need to understand that even if the place does get a bit messy etc.. just suck it up....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)