Holiday While Working (1 Viewer)

feedmemore

HSC
Hi Guys

I got a bit of an issue. I booked a holiday early this year to go in December for 5 days. I also just got news that I got accepted to a summer internship program that also starts in December and finish early February.

However I am not sure when and how to tell the company that i'm going on holiday and whether Im still be able to work for them

Any suggestions guys in what to say and when to tell them?

Sonesful

HSC
Tell them as soon as possible. Just say you've already booked the holiday. If they're reasonable it shouldn't be an issue.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Why did you apply for an internship which coincides with your holiday plan? I'm pretty sure the dates/timing of the internship were communicated prior to you receiving the offer.

This is one of those things you're meant to tell them when they ask if you want to tell them anything - so maybe you want to see if you can make an arrangement with them asap.

Depending on the company/firm, you may be lucky - but I know at least in most accounting firms, it tends to be when they need extra pairs of hands.

(You may also want to decide/consider if you'd be willing to move or cancel your holiday)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)