KFC job interview (1 Viewer)

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

I have a job interview at KFC next week and was wondering what kind of questions they'll ask. I've never worked in fast food before. Furthermore, what do I wear to the interview. Like, I don't own any in-closed shoes (except canvas ones) so are flats okay? Lastly, do I need to bring in resumes, etc because email didn't say so.

And I'm 20. I know fast food joints prefer younger people because pay is cheap so what is the likelihood of scoring a job there.

Thanks.

Verify

HSC
I'm surprised they even offered you an interview if you're 20.
The interview should be pretty laid back, nothing too serious. They'll ask you the generic stuff like tell me about yourself, why do you wanna work here, your past experiences (if u have none it's fine). Nothing to worry about, but if I were you I would have some stuff to say prepared.
You can just wear casual clothing to the interview. Flats are fine. However you're gonna have to buy steel-capped shoes if you get accepted.
I would bring my resume and TFN just in case.

Good luck.

sourmilk

HSC
Im not sure if I could help you since I had the interview when I was 15 years old, btw, are you applying for team member or a manager position?

But basically, they asked me if I could work late nights (because our store was situated in a shopping centre), if I do any extracurricular activities, what I wanted to do when I'm older, how long would I possibly work here for, would I ever give free food

Also my friend told me the manager asked her to sell her a puppy to her (probably wanna see your upselling skills)

Although this probably won't help but if you have long flowy hair, it's better to tie it up when going for the interview.

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm surprised they even offered you an interview if you're 20.
Good luck.
Yeah me too! And thank you :)

Im not sure if I could help you since I had the interview when I was 15 years old, btw, are you applying for team member or a manager position?
I'm applying for team member. I just moved from my old place and in need of a part time/casual job.

And I have already made plans for 21st and a 10 day holiday :/ Is it safe to take this time off when it's a new job...

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Yeah me too! And thank you :)

I'm applying for team member. I just moved from my old place and in need of a part time/casual job.

And I have already made plans for 21st and a 10 day holiday :/ Is it safe to take this time off when it's a new job...

Definitely mention the 10 day holiday, 21st they'll understand and probably happy to get you off for a day, but 10 days is significant especially when they're keen to train you and get you up and running etc..

crowley926

HSC
I have already made plans for 21st and a 10 day holiday :/ Is it safe to take this time off when it's a new job...
Yeah you should probably mention that... When is the 10 day holiday? Like is it soon? Because when I got a job at KFC it took like around 1.5 weeks for me to actually start because they had to order in my uniform and fill out all this stuff so maybe they could take your holiday into account and time it so that they can use that time to get all the paperwork sorted and all your uniform ordered in etc.

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Because the holiday hasn't been booked... I'm thinking maybe a 5 days holiday during mid January instead. However, it has not been booked yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)