Availability when applying for jobs question (1 Viewer)

Hannelore

HSC
I've always felt a little unsure about how it is best to list availability when applying for jobs during uni break so I thought I would ask here for opinions.

Considering the uni break time of year, I have much available time for a job. However, am I still okay to put pretty much always available if it is only for the temporary for months?

Lets say I'm applying for a casual position and they ask for availability. RIGHT NOW, I would be free pretty much whenever they would want. But in about 2 months that could change dramatically, depending on uni timetable scheduling. Would I have to feel locked in to previously stated availability? The problem is, most online applications I do don't really have an option to put that my availability will change depending on the time of year.

I hope that made sense :)

crowley926

HSC
Since you don't have a timetable yet and really don't know which days you're available for uni, I think for now you can do your current availability which is I assume most days/every day. They'll read your application within a week so it's still accurate.

When you're interviewed though/when you start, they will probably ask if your availability will stay the same or if they don't, just let them know that it will change when uni starts again. Since it's a casual position, they'll be really flexible with hours so no you won't be locked into that previous availability.

I applied for a casual position too last month (I'm starting uni this February) and put down every day availability and during the interview she asked if this will change next year and I said yes and she's like cool. I still got the job though but now they're just asking for my revised availability so it's all g.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)