Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 183
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Does anyone invest here?

  1. #51
    Dont.msg.me.about.english nerdasdasd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    HSC
    2012
    Uni Grad
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    5,400
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattstaker View Post
    si, let me know how your BTC investment goes. I'm somewhat interested and somewhat concerned. I still stand against BTC, dont wanna see a fellow BoS'er lose all their money!
    Dw, if they're smart, they would have a diversified investment to reduce risk.
    HSC PAPERS >>http://sdrv.ms/H3cL7l
    2013 HSC papers >> http://sdrv.ms/H3cOQk
    HSC NOTES >> http://sdrv.ms/GXNPyo
    PHYSICS MC and ANSWERS >> http://sdrv.ms/H3da9C
    PHYSICS CORE OPTIONS HARD TEST (with solutions)>> http://sdrv.ms/GXNTOQ
    Sorted HSC Q's >> https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cls...ns_%2B_options

  2. #52
    Executive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattstaker View Post
    si, let me know how your BTC investment goes. I'm somewhat interested and somewhat concerned. I still stand against BTC, dont wanna see a fellow BoS'er lose all their money!
    It's going fine, it's a long term investment, and there's nothing I can do about it, however my money is REALLY safe and once I'm an adult, I would decide whether to invest in more BTC or cash out, all depending on the situation of BTC. Definitely safe, I've seen BTC hit up to the peaks of 1k and to the bottom. It's safer than other commodities, and you could buy BTC at any age, which is a plus for me, considering that I'm a minor.

    So the creator of BTC has been anonymous, until recently where the 'creator' announced itself publicly, Craig Wright. Personally I think that he isn't the creator of BTC, first of all, there isn't any solid proof at all, 2nd of all, why the hell would they announce it to the world, when Satoshi hasn't done it for the past 8 years? It's good to remain anonymous, there has been many false arrests because people were being accused of being Satoshi.
    MX2 - ADV - ECO - BUS

  3. #53
    Auditing CAGS Chronost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    where people need auditing
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by seremify007 View Post
    If anything the audit background helps me realise the fundamental limitations of using financial statements data as the basis for a short term investment. Obviously longer term I would look at fundamentals and consider broader issues (and I wish I had done that before my portfolio got 'locked down' due to my job) but when short term, I would usually speculate a bit on industry trends/news and buy related stocks/etc. Worked well for me and I amassed enough capital through my own savings and credit lines/loans to do this comfortably for a while.
    That's definitely true, but the way I look at is if the financials present good overall long term data then there tends to be an upswing eventually , you just need to know when that short term bottom is, which is part of my trading method.

    What kind of loans did you get? I'm thinking of doing some stocks on margin, but still debating whether I should or not, thinking I should get about 6 months more experience before I fully get into it.

    Quote Originally Posted by turntaker View Post
    I invested in the TF2 market.
    That's definitely the wrong market, everyone only stays cause they can't get rid of their unusuals but in reality it's basically CS:GO being the dominant market for hats(knifes)

  4. #54
    Auditing CAGS Chronost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    where people need auditing
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by si2136 View Post
    It's going fine, it's a long term investment, and there's nothing I can do about it, however my money is REALLY safe and once I'm an adult, I would decide whether to invest in more BTC or cash out, all depending on the situation of BTC. Definitely safe, I've seen BTC hit up to the peaks of 1k and to the bottom. It's safer than other commodities, and you could buy BTC at any age, which is a plus for me, considering that I'm a minor.

    So the creator of BTC has been anonymous, until recently where the 'creator' announced itself publicly, Craig Wright. Personally I think that he isn't the creator of BTC, first of all, there isn't any solid proof at all, 2nd of all, why the hell would they announce it to the world, when Satoshi hasn't done it for the past 8 years? It's good to remain anonymous, there has been many false arrests because people were being accused of being Satoshi.
    I dunno, I watched one of the demonstrations, and he really knew what he was doing, he has the Technicals and signatures/transfers to show certain proof, if he releases more proof it could be enough to show him as the founder.

    What wallet and site do you use to trade Bitcoin?


    Guys bitcoin is a legitimate trading option, however I wouldn't trade for long term, rather the short term spikes, one of my smart friends has made more then 500% so far trading bitcoin on swings, but he really got in early and knew (in some way) what he was actually doing.

  5. #55
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    2019
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    i have invested in some mint l3mon trees

  6. #56
    Executive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronost View Post
    I dunno, I watched one of the demonstrations, and he really knew what he was doing, he has the Technicals and signatures/transfers to show certain proof, if he releases more proof it could be enough to show him as the founder.

    What wallet and site do you use to trade Bitcoin?


    Guys bitcoin is a legitimate trading option, however I wouldn't trade for long term, rather the short term spikes, one of my smart friends has made more then 500% so far trading bitcoin on swings, but he really got in early and knew (in some way) what he was actually doing.
    The proof aren't legitimate, it was a proof Satoshi posted a while ago, even I can show proof with signature, if I went back and searched Satoshi's posts. I don't use an online wallet, which is unsafe, nor do I use a specific site to trade BTC, I use multiple sites with different purposes.
    MX2 - ADV - ECO - BUS

  7. #57
    Junior Member seremify007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Uni Grad
    2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,676
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronost View Post
    I dunno, I watched one of the demonstrations, and he really knew what he was doing, he has the Technicals and signatures/transfers to show certain proof, if he releases more proof it could be enough to show him as the founder.
    I read that he had some of the records from the very first bitcoin transfers which validate his role... but still seems sketchy that he comes out now after all these years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronost View Post
    Guys bitcoin is a legitimate trading option, however I wouldn't trade for long term, rather the short term spikes, one of my smart friends has made more then 500% so far trading bitcoin on swings, but he really got in early and knew (in some way) what he was actually doing.
    Maybe so, but I personally am not keen. Unlike speculating on other things, there is no underlying value to bitcoin and it's liquidity in everyday use is limited. Yes you can make money off it in the short term but the only thing I would consider using bitcoin for would be to pay to unlock something should my computer ever get cryptolocked.

    2000-05 BHHS UAI: 97 Ext 1 Mathematics, Adv English, Economics, Business Studies, IPT (SR)
    2006-09 UNSW B Commerce Accounting, Finance
    2010-11 Institute of Chartered Accountants GradDipCA TAX110, MAA210, AAA310 (M), FIN111, EBA211 (M)

    Back in the day I would have asked you to please give me rep by clicking .

  8. #58
    Junior Member seremify007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Uni Grad
    2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,676
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronost View Post
    What kind of loans did you get? I'm thinking of doing some stocks on margin, but still debating whether I should or not, thinking I should get about 6 months more experience before I fully get into it.
    margin loans as well

    2000-05 BHHS UAI: 97 Ext 1 Mathematics, Adv English, Economics, Business Studies, IPT (SR)
    2006-09 UNSW B Commerce Accounting, Finance
    2010-11 Institute of Chartered Accountants GradDipCA TAX110, MAA210, AAA310 (M), FIN111, EBA211 (M)

    Back in the day I would have asked you to please give me rep by clicking .

  9. #59
    Executive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Made some bad calls lately, but I'll continue to hold for another week. Exchanging soon, will take a break due to tests.
    MX2 - ADV - ECO - BUS

  10. #60
    Beast Zoinked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Can't wait till my eighteenth so I can dabble in some shares.

    2016 ATAR: >90
    2017-2020: Bachelor of Applied Finance/Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) @ Mq Uni

  11. #61
    Executive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattstaker View Post
    Can't wait till my eighteenth so I can dabble in some shares.
    You can always play simulators

    My favourite is the stockwatch, ASX restricts you too much.
    MX2 - ADV - ECO - BUS

  12. #62
    Executive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Craig is a con, officially confirmed by his outrageously funny blog post, about how he can't prove his identity and how he's backing off and then he says goodbye. Yeah totes Mr satoshi.
    seremify007 likes this.
    MX2 - ADV - ECO - BUS

  13. #63
    Beast Zoinked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    I'd be boring with my Simulator, spreading my stocks across Total world, Au and US index funds haha

    2016 ATAR: >90
    2017-2020: Bachelor of Applied Finance/Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) @ Mq Uni

  14. #64
    Executive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattstaker View Post
    I'd be boring with my Simulator, spreading my stocks across Total world, Au and US index funds haha
    But it's somewhat good experience to test out your techniques and strategies using a simulator. Plus, you can learn how to use Excel to manage your money and stocks.
    MX2 - ADV - ECO - BUS

  15. #65
    Beast Zoinked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    I've played the ASX game before like 18 months ago, bought some random shares which lost like 3k in a week. Got annoyed and stopped looking at it. Come back 4 weeks later and im sitting at like 4k more than i started with lol

    2016 ATAR: >90
    2017-2020: Bachelor of Applied Finance/Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) @ Mq Uni

  16. #66
    Executive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattstaker View Post
    I've played the ASX game before like 18 months ago, bought some random shares which lost like 3k in a week. Got annoyed and stopped looking at it. Come back 4 weeks later and im sitting at like 4k more than i started with lol
    That happens to a lot of people. I have a different 'rule' of playing, you could say. Everytime I reach a certain amount of money, it will become my checkpoint, and I can not lose more than that amount at all during the entire game. If I do, I have to quit the game. That way, I find a reason to invest in certain stocks and not just randomly picking, so I learn, rather to make fake money.
    seremify007 likes this.
    MX2 - ADV - ECO - BUS

  17. #67
    Administrator Trebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    HSC
    2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,898
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by si2136 View Post
    That happens to a lot of people. I have a different 'rule' of playing, you could say. Everytime I reach a certain amount of money, it will become my checkpoint, and I can not lose more than that amount at all during the entire game. If I do, I have to quit the game. That way, I find a reason to invest in certain stocks and not just randomly picking, so I learn, rather to make fake money.
    I think that is called the stop loss strategy

  18. #68
    Executive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebla View Post
    I think that is called the stop loss strategy
    That's only with shares though, I use a Chrome Extension to blacklist ASX lol

    I haven't made a loss yet, but I can feel it coming, I invested all in BTC, BTC RN at $461.50 is quite good. It's definitely stable and it's legal without a third party, my broker retired and he's on a holiday around the world
    MX2 - ADV - ECO - BUS

  19. #69
    Executive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    UPDATE: Good that I backed out early, from the sharp drops from the companies I invested in BTC to the MOON
    MX2 - ADV - ECO - BUS

  20. #70
    Dont.msg.me.about.english nerdasdasd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    HSC
    2012
    Uni Grad
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    5,400
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by si2136 View Post
    But it's somewhat good experience to test out your techniques and strategies using a simulator. Plus, you can learn how to use Excel to manage your money and stocks.
    I might start investing a bit soon and will some of the finance stuff I learnt in class to see which ones are the best to invest in ((Mind you.. this uses historical figures and returns))





    **Will report back in a few months or so**
    HSC PAPERS >>http://sdrv.ms/H3cL7l
    2013 HSC papers >> http://sdrv.ms/H3cOQk
    HSC NOTES >> http://sdrv.ms/GXNPyo
    PHYSICS MC and ANSWERS >> http://sdrv.ms/H3da9C
    PHYSICS CORE OPTIONS HARD TEST (with solutions)>> http://sdrv.ms/GXNTOQ
    Sorted HSC Q's >> https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cls...ns_%2B_options

  21. #71
    Auditing CAGS Chronost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    where people need auditing
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdasdasd View Post
    I might start investing a bit soon and will some of the finance stuff I learnt in class to see which ones are the best to invest in ((Mind you.. this uses historical figures and returns))





    **Will report back in a few months or so**
    Most of those numbers are irrelevant, tell me how you're going to use half of those to make your decision.
    Drifting95 and Nailgun like this.

  22. #72
    Dont.msg.me.about.english nerdasdasd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    HSC
    2012
    Uni Grad
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    5,400
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronost View Post
    Most of those numbers are irrelevant, tell me how you're going to use half of those to make your decision.
    The numbers are used for calculations.

    I'll use the deltas to calculate the portfolio with minimum variance, which I'll combine with a mean to find the optimal portfolio weights (Modern portfolio theory)



    Using these weights, I'll allocate money, according to the ratios of the weights of these assets.
    HSC PAPERS >>http://sdrv.ms/H3cL7l
    2013 HSC papers >> http://sdrv.ms/H3cOQk
    HSC NOTES >> http://sdrv.ms/GXNPyo
    PHYSICS MC and ANSWERS >> http://sdrv.ms/H3da9C
    PHYSICS CORE OPTIONS HARD TEST (with solutions)>> http://sdrv.ms/GXNTOQ
    Sorted HSC Q's >> https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cls...ns_%2B_options

  23. #73
    Auditing CAGS Chronost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    where people need auditing
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdasdasd View Post
    The numbers are used for calculations.

    I'll use the deltas to calculate the portfolio with minimum variance, which I'll combine with a mean to find the optimal portfolio weights (Modern portfolio theory)



    Using these weights, I'll allocate money, according to the ratios of the weights of these assets.
    You're relying on one theory to determine what you're investing in?

    You won't even know which specific items to invest in each asset class?
    Last edited by Chronost; 12 May 2016 at 2:00 PM.
    Drifting95 and Nailgun like this.

  24. #74
    Dont.msg.me.about.english nerdasdasd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    HSC
    2012
    Uni Grad
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    5,400
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronost View Post
    You're relying on one theory to determine what you're investing in?
    Modern portfolio theory is the theory behind how some managers determine the portfolio compositions for clients.

    Just experimenting for now. Will stick with it, if it works.......
    HSC PAPERS >>http://sdrv.ms/H3cL7l
    2013 HSC papers >> http://sdrv.ms/H3cOQk
    HSC NOTES >> http://sdrv.ms/GXNPyo
    PHYSICS MC and ANSWERS >> http://sdrv.ms/H3da9C
    PHYSICS CORE OPTIONS HARD TEST (with solutions)>> http://sdrv.ms/GXNTOQ
    Sorted HSC Q's >> https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cls...ns_%2B_options

  25. #75
    Auditing CAGS Chronost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    where people need auditing
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Does anyone invest here?

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdasdasd View Post
    Modern portfolio theory is the theory behind how some managers determine the portfolio compositions for clients.

    Just experimenting for now. Will stick with it, if it works.......
    That's because those people have experience in trading a wide range of securities from all angles, it helps a lot they have heaps of capital to do so as well. Did you consider that your returns will be severely diminished from fees by investing in a range of asset classes.

    They're really playing a whole other ball game to you

    Also answer to second question pls.
    Drifting95, Nailgun and Zoinked like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •