McDonalds vs KFC first job (1 Viewer)

the_matrix

HSC
I've applied for both and have been scheduled an interview for both. I've noticed that McDonalds tend to put females as customer service (the front) and males at the kitchen and this puts me off as I am 100% interested in customer service, thus I'm leaning towards KFC. but then McDonalds offers very good training...

thoughts please?

Also what are the crew and managers like? My friends say McDonalds have more members who will turn out to be a nuisance for me

kawaiipotato

HSC
It's usually like that for fast-food restaurants since there's some stigma in putting males in the front. You could ask to be placed at the front though, (and it wouldn't be a hassle because really, having males wouldn't be much difference in the eyes of the manager)
Unsure about the difference in crew

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Depends if you wanna come home smelling like beef or smelling like fried chicken. But seriously, work wherever can accommodate you better in terms of flexibility and whichever one is easier to get to.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Each restuaunt is different depending on the owner, and the managers.

I personally found Mcdonalds to be a great learning place, and has allowed to to get use to a working enviroment with some really nice supportive people. In saying that my sister who was at a different store owned by different people found their experience really really bad.

In general I have heard better things about mcdonalds employment then I have of KFC employment, but it could be purely based on the store owners and managers.

I may be biased, but I would say go for mcdonalds, and ask to be not out the back

sourmilk

HSC
I worked at KFC for almost two years so I can shed some knowledge

I really enjoyed working at KFC, and made a lot of good friends with the managers and other employees my age whom I still talk to this day. However, you should know that different stores have different business cultures so my experience with others will probably not be applicable to you (unless you live in Pagewood hmu) My KFC store was small and therefore everyone knew each other well, and it was like a family.

However I believe the customer service between both chains are similar, but being biased I believe that you learn more skills in KFC since a lot of aspects in McDonalds are mechanised and have a lot of operational processes inbetween.

They're both the same - but I'd lean to KFC more because you'd learn more skills compared to McDonalds.

(( Plus free chicken at the end of the night lol ))

Zamura1

HSC
N/A
KFC generally has better pay than Mcdonalds (However this may be outdated information)
On the other hand, employers usually respect Mcdonalds as a great place for experience and training

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)