Uni Work (1 Viewer)

nomza

HSC
I just thought I'd let ppl know that are desperate for work that there is great work at universities for great pay.

Now I'm not sure where exactly you go to find these jobs but I'm sure that the uni you end up going to facilitates employment opportunities.

For example, I work for the faculty of commerce and economics at the UNSW and what I do is basically stuff envelopes and stuff to send out to students and shit -- but I get paid $18.70 an hour which is HEAPS and its well worth the boredom of the job. ALSO, I got the opportunity to do exam supervision for the UNSW final exams and that lasted 10 days just being a supervisor, that was for $16.61 an hour which was fair enough....but dead boring. But in that 10 days I earnt $1399.63

So if you are still looking around for some better work, once you start uni check out the services and stuff they have and see if you are able to get work there because their pay rates are EXCELLENT.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
awesome!
around how many ppl get employed?
How do they chose who is employed?
Do u have to be a total suck up to uni staff? And have really high grades?

nomza

HSC
Who gets work has nothing at all to do with grades, that would be incredibly unfair if it did.

There would be heaps of positions available because there are so many faculties and jobs to be done. However casual work is the most prevalent position available, how ever part-time work is available and pays very well and fits in with your uni schedule.

I think that there is some sort of centre or service at each university that offers employment universities, granted these are more so reserved for those who are entering with UAC ACCESS schemes and stuff, but I am sure they have positions that are for everyone. Research on whether there is a centre you can contact at the uni you'll be attending....

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
mmm

my sister's flatmate has a casual job in a student centre or something at usyd, he gets about 20 bucks/hour, for occasionally answering phone calls and tinkering with their in-house database program. he claims that most of his cd collection is thanks to their fast internet and cd burner :)

if they're all like that, then i would like a uni job.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Id be stoked with a job that payed $10 an hour, far out $18.70 would be great! :D

Jin-17

but isnt those jobs more targeted at those students from second year and up? Becasue I seem some ads that says that they want uni students from year 2 or higher.

nomza

HSC
Well, when I started working for the Commerce and Economics student centre at UNSW I was in year 10 or 11 -- don't remember.

AND I have just recently got a pay rise, I now get $19.47 an hour. It's good work...I still recommend scouring the uni grounds for work.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by nomza

AND I have just recently got a pay rise, I now get $19.47 an hour. It's good work...I still recommend scouring the uni grounds for work.
woah, thats heaps good. what do you do for all that money?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If I get med this would be the perfect alternative to sponging, because then I can take money from my parents anyway and actually save it for stuff (like a flat)

Baka Sama

HI dudes and dudettes, esp to the dude with such a cool job. how did u come across this job? this job would defintely be so much better than colesmyer.

moogle

I eat kuponuts.
HSC
N/A
i know ...... i repeat what the baka said :p

and also ........... OMG I NEED A JOB T_T

but yes, studying is more important for now :S

T

tactic

i do IT tech support for FIT at UTS.. its easy since its supporting the IT faculty who know how to fix their own problems!

moogle

I eat kuponuts.
HSC
N/A
tactic ...................... gimme your job T_T

hmm but hey, i hope i could find work at unsw next year ... or uh, any form of work that doesn't involve fast food hopefully.

kouri

well w t f
HSC
i heard how..if you clean toilets and stuff for universities. they pay you HEAPS good...probably better than the 19.XX amount

;)

moogle

I eat kuponuts.
HSC
N/A
kouri would you like to clean the toilets? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)