New look for the new year (1 Viewer)

Jin-17

Hello all,

Just thought it would be a nice idea for anyone who is looking for a new job for the new year to have people post down any vancany that they know of to assist them. I know some which are

Still KFC in the atarmon areas for full time/ part time/ casual
some fastfood joints in the city

Thats about all I can think of. Also, I heard from somewhere in this post that there are also vancany for the pizza hut call centre (check Northshore times).

Just wondering if anyone knew a good full time job. At the moment I am a part timer and I sort of need a full time job before uni starts.

Jin-17

Also, somewhere in the uni forum, there is a number if u wanna work in the stauidms, but it isnt a real solid job where u know how much u will get each week. But its $20 an hour for 18 year old people.

Jin-17

thanks for your help. Anyways, just would like to say here that jobs are now spreading out now and perhaps its a good time to start searching. Some sites I would recommend is www.jobsearch.gov.au which has tons of stuff in different areas in aust. also, another site may be (isnt out yet) www.kfc.com.au
and another one is www.dingo.info

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
ehehe i work at that call centre -- jin did u end up getting a job there?

Jin-17

Originally posted by luigi_000
ehehe i work at that call centre -- jin did u end up getting a job there?

No i didnt apply there, because I am still looking around for a job which would allow me to co exist with my uni stuff and other stuff. I am half tempted to work as a secuirty guard and just stand there and do nothing and just thinking what life is all about:D

CoYLiE

Don't bother waiting for a job to come along in the papers... you have to get out there with copious amounts of printer out resumes to hand out to any kind of place you are remotely interested in applying to.
If it's anything like the place i work, they only advertise internally, which means that the general public never know about it, and so if you actually drop off a resume, there's a chance you're in there. I just got lucky, cos a friend got me the job, so it's basically once you're in, you're in...
So stop procrastinating and going... but there's nothing that appealing in the paper... you've got to make the effort and get out there cos none of the jobs that pay $20 p/hour are advertised... you've gotta make the first step... you've gotta make the effort which is one of the first things an employer would look for.... a willingness to be there...

professor

very true...just go up to the manager of the store and ask is it poosible if i apply for a job here??
ye?, great, can i plz have a application form??

or

no? ok then, do you think in the future that you may have a position available??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)