Page 2 of 648 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: The Woolworths Thread

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzcut89
    I just rang my local Woolworths store....and the store manager wasn't there.

So the checkout chick or whoever answers the phones there, asked me what I wanted to inquire about. I told her emplyoment and she started telling me "You have to do that all online"

I told her I'd applied nearlly 2 years ago and STILL hadnt heard anything

"Oh...you just have to keep trying."

I was thinking in my head What an idiot....

So then I asked her if she could get the store manager to call me back when he is back in. She sighed and then took my details.

Am I doing the right thing by calling them or is the store manager just gonna tell me the same thing??
    no no, you're doing the right thing. i've been applying for almost 2 years now too, no luck, and i got a job elsewhere, so yeah. don't pay attention to that check out chick. if the manager doesn't call you in the next two days, call again or just go to the store and ask for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_gtr
    Rnitya is like the the sweetest cookie ever, kinda like those macadamia cookies from subway; it crumbles in your mouth and its so sweet you could swear its doused in sugar, but its guaranteed to be 100% natural and wholesome goodness.
    -Be the change you want to see. -Mahatma Gandhi
    -Don't worry about your difficulties in Maths, I can assure you, mine are still greater.-Albert Einstein.
    -Whatever you do, do it from the heart- Abhishek Bachchan

zapmaa
    HSC
    worst place to work ever!
    Sarahxx

Class 2005

Adv Eng, Gen Math, Drama, Music 2, PD/H/PE

Cadet
    HSC
    What if I ring the store manager again, and they tell me the same thing. That it is all online, and they can't do anything.

I can't argue with them that I know more about Woolworhts than they do...and besides it makes sense that it is all online

HSC
    Tell them you've applied for 2 years and so far you heard nothing from them. But you are very desperate for the job and you love Woolies, it might help. Some people in my store got the job through the other way apart from applying online.

rawr.
    HSC

Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Does anybody know how long a interview with the store manager (the final one?) typically lasts? Since Serius and others make it sound so easy (ohpleaseletitbeeasy), is it just a quick in-and-out thing of a couple of minutes?
    Last edited by viviena; 31 Jan 2006 at 9:47 PM.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by viviena
    Does anybody know how long a interview with the store manager (the final one?) typically lasts? Since Serius and others make it sound so easy (ohpleaseletitbeeasy), is it just a quick in-and-out thing of a couple of minutes?
    yeah its pretty quick in-out, make sure u bring ure resume cause they will ask for it, and dress really professionally. Basically they are just making sure u arent a freak, and that you will get along with the rest of their staff. If you come accross as friendly and dont piss them off you should be fine, plus your female so extra points there the interview with only go for like 15min max, but they could have u waiting for a while before the interview, and if u r successful they might give you a quick run down of whats expected of you from that point, and give you a tour of the back of the store. so i would expect the whole thing to go for a max of 1 hour, if you can get there 10 mins early, thats a really good sign to the manager

to everyone else worried about calling the manager, dont stress it and dont listen to what the checkoutchicks who answer the phone say, just call and act like you really want the job

if they say theres nothing they can do, its all online

tell them "well i applied ages ago, and i just wanted to find out whats happening"...if they dont offer u an interview right then and there for showing inititive then they are a bad manager, in their training they are shown how to recognise inititive [how the fuck do u spel lthat word?] and to value it so thats why i suggested calling them, and pretty much garanteeing an interview from that point
    just keep calling till you get ahold of them

Just because you are paranoid doesnt mean they arent after you

Quote Originally Posted by blah101
    i highly doubt u could drive something just below the speed of light i do belive the ground speed record is in the region of 350mph which is a mear 100 times less that the speed of light idiot so in order to travel the speed at which u specify would i not need to be poileting the vehicle?

HSC

Just want to say thanks a bunch for this thread, Serius. I have my induction at Woolies on Saturday the 11th. It was actually an alright process. I went to the group interview after they phoned me and told me that there was a position that I wanted available. I had my individual interview with the long-life manager straight after the group one (this was all last thursday) and they phoned me this morning to say I got the job (night-fill at my local store) ^__^

rawr.
    HSC

Hey, well thanks Serius. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job: I suspect it was availability -- my hrs (14 across 5 days) and the fact that their Woolie's in the middle of nowhere and I didn't have a car, plus that there were two other final-stage candidates -- that did me in... (or perhaps I just made a bad impression).

Damn, have to go jobhunting again... But anyway, some top advice in this thread, which made things a lot easier, and for which I'm very grateful.
    Last edited by viviena; 7 Feb 2006 at 12:44 AM.

HSC

hi, i rang up my nearest woolworths store and requested to speak to the store manager. I told him i filled out my application form 2 weeks ago and i havent got a reply, he then said it had nothing to do with him, jobs are determined by the main office. i mean wtf?

HSC

excellent help, especially the resume's thanks

Manufactured Gigolo Whaddaya Know?'s Avatar
    HSC

Question Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Just the answers I needed for the group interview I had yesterday I had the interview with the manager right after the group interview and he showed me the times and days I will be working if I get the job.

EDIT: Well 2 weeks after the interview I got the job and I've got my induction on Sat the 1st. Thanks to Serius and everybody for the info!
    Last edited by Whaddaya Know?; 30 Mar 2006 at 4:42 PM.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by willed
    Just want to say thanks a bunch for this thread, Serius. I have my induction at Woolies on Saturday the 11th. It was actually an alright process. I went to the group interview after they phoned me and told me that there was a position that I wanted available. I had my individual interview with the long-life manager straight after the group one (this was all last thursday) and they phoned me this morning to say I got the job (night-fill at my local store) ^__^
    Ditto. Thanks so much for this thread! I read this last night.
    Had the interview today. An hour later, I got the job! <insert squeal> So yeah ...thanks!
    "Life is not about the number of breaths you take in a moment, but rather the number of moments that take your breath away."

HSC

cool, looks like i got heaps of people into jobs

unfortunately i think iam about to lose mine, my availability changed when i started uni and they have refused to give me shifts since...its ok though cause iam pretty much set up for quite a while now and maybe i can move on to something else. Its really good to hear so many people being sucessful,
    and for those that didnt make it in...its probably because you are too honnest lol, you should completely lie about your availability to get your foot in the door and then change it if necessary

And if u still dont get it, no worries woolworths is a decent employer of young people but there are other places out there with advantages [and dissadvantages] over woolies keep trying and goodluck

Just because you are paranoid doesnt mean they arent after you

Quote Originally Posted by blah101
    i highly doubt u could drive something just below the speed of light i do belive the ground speed record is in the region of 350mph which is a mear 100 times less that the speed of light idiot so in order to travel the speed at which u specify would i not need to be poileting the vehicle?

HSC

Re: The Woolworths Thread

Im a produce assistant at woolies in Raymond Terrace, we have the best store ever...biggest bludgiest place there is, seriously ppl if ya want a job that is no challenge at all what so ever just to get you through uni...woolies is the place!
    HSIE Teacher
    Graduate of Newcastle University, Class of 08
    HSC 2004: UAI: 95

HSC

Work at Big W- checkout operator/cash office clerk.

HSC

omg i have a group interview thingo this sat..and im freakin out...

its my 1 way ticket to leave coles.. RoFL

HSC

I like Seven Hills it has touchscreens (I think?)
    Didn't even know there was a woolies in Glenwood and I'm doing my teaching prac there hehehehe
    The others I dont really know.. moreso a Winsto, Baulko and Towers woolies person..
    I'm a service supervisor and occasional checkout operator though I tend to give up those shifts when I get them (particularly Sundays)
    Soha has recently started getting supervision shifts and has taken my Tuesday nights.. bitch =P

Bachelor of Education (Primary) @ ACU National
    Certificate in Languages (Croatian) @ Macquarie University (Completed in 2006)

HSC

i thought it was a decision of the higher up managers when they need more people

obviously they look for someone who is experienced, trust worthy and can deal with the crap of virtually everyone
    All spelling errors are for your viewing pleasure!

HSC
    N/A

Arrow Re: The Woolworths Thread

hahaha i work at big w..its pretty crap!!

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by natstar
    How do you get to be a supervisor? Do they just pick you, or do you apply? Ive been a check out chick for 3 years now...or do you have to be there longer?
    all our supervisors have been chosen, but in the past 6 months or so there's been 3 new people, it's based (from what i can tell) on length of service, and shifts u tend to do

HSC

ive only worked here like a month but from what i can see retail is one of the shittest jobs/careers around.

promotions look as slow as anything, a year or so. and you're working wiht a bunch of people that barely speak english.

Particularly from a career perspective, being a head manager or whatever is shithouse compared to any other industry. retail is very bad.

HSC

lol seems so much harder these days, a few years back it was still the old fill-in-a-sheet, and they call u up like 1 year later system.

woolies is ok to work at, they sort of pressure u to do heaps of shifts come exam time, but you learn to tell them to piss off lol.

HSC
    N/A

Hey Hey

Woolworths employee here...Almost 9 years...

Read some good & bad stuff on the site...

Im in a support role for Woolworths Limited...

Any 1 got n e goss?..
    Shadow Warrior

HSC

yeah i work at dse its great fun... i do it for the staff discount

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by mr_vocab
    yeah i work at dse its great fun... i do it for the staff discount
    5% isnt a whole lot, you could probably pretend to be a real customer and negotiate less than that
    Last edited by pete_mate; 4 Nov 2006 at 12:34 PM.

Thread Information