Page 648 of 650 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650 LastLast
Results 16,176 to 16,200 of 16226
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Woolworths Thread

HSC

Re: The Woolworths Thread

Ok and how would I go about asking for a part-time contract? Or do I just wait for my CSM to ask me?

I'm getting a stable number of hours at the moment, but I am indeed very concerned that when I turn 20 and my wage goes up, my 'regular' hours are going to take a huge hit to compensate

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Bring it up with your CSM and I'm sure you can work something out which fits the two of you.

HSC

=)

Do we get public holiday Penalty Rates on Easter Saturday?

HSC

Certainly do!
    I am an employee of Woolworths Limited.
    All statements made are my own opinion and not those of my employer

HSC

OMG YES thank you CSM! Love you to bits, rostered on for 5 hours that Saturday, and not to boast but I do feel a little bit special because I saw a handful of many other casuals that are regularly on Saturday weren't put on the roster for Easter Sat. Or maybe they weren't available, can't really make any assumptions off that, but as someone saving up for a new phone, I'm delighted I got put on Easter Saturday

HSC

Anyone know how to go about asking to not keep getting 5 days per week of work? I keep getting rostered constantly 5 days per week for nightfill and it's fucking getting boring and tiring as hell. How can I properly ask my manager to stop giving me 5 days of work each week and keep it at say 3 days a week. If I'm correct, my contract is only three days per week and each week I am always given two more days to work.

I wanna work less but am worried I might get fired lol.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by astroman View Post
    Anyone know how to go about asking to not keep getting 5 days per week of work? I keep getting rostered constantly 5 days per week for nightfill and it's fucking getting boring and tiring as hell. How can I properly ask my manager to stop giving me 5 days of work each week and keep it at say 3 days a week. If I'm correct, my contract is only three days per week and each week I am always given two more days to work.

I wanna work less but am worried I might get fired lol.
    Some folks would love to work 5 days a week
    FrontEndHero likes this.

HSC

@Astroman, I'm about to go on holidays, and as such, told my line manager I'm completely free - I've suddenly gone from 2-3 days of work a week (each 4 hours) to 5 days a week (maximum for a casual) in the next two weeks.

Just think as I do - it means he/she likes you, thinks you're reliable and is recognising you are doing a good job, otherwise, all those shifts probably would have been given to someone else.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by quick_throwaway View Post
    @Astroman, I'm about to go on holidays, and as such, told my line manager I'm completely free - I've suddenly gone from 2-3 days of work a week (each 4 hours) to 5 days a week (maximum for a casual) in the next two weeks.

Just think as I do - it means he/she likes you, thinks you're reliable and is recognising you are doing a good job, otherwise, all those shifts probably would have been given to someone else.
    everyone on my team is working 5 days though.

HSC

Just politely tell them your circumstances have changed and let them know your new availability of three days a week and what days they are. If you are casual you have the right to say no. If you're contracted those days, you can write a letter asking to reduce your contracted hours and give them two weeks notice

Don't let them guilt trip you either, which they might. They will try, believe me. Depending on your manager of course. But just stand your ground, if you aren't available, you're not available.

HSC

Who's looking forward to easter haha yeaaaahhhhh boiiiiiiiiiii

Cadet
    HSC

Hey guys, couple of questions.

I don't have access to online rosters as I can't sign in to Wow People Portal. When I try and sign up, it says my records don't match. I've told the CSM who fobbed it off and said it wasn't her problem, so I rang IT twice, who both times told me it was up to the CSM to complete a 'Triple A' form. I told her, and again she told me to tell IT that it wasn't up to her, so I rang again and they said "Oh, try asking your store manager to do it."

Did that, and he gave me a dumbfounded look, asking "What's a Triple A form?"

Anyone know where to go from here? I just want to be able to view online rosters so I know when I'm working instead of ringing up the store every week to get someone to tell me.

Also - got my discount card the other day. I lost the sheet of paper that had the instructions on how to activate it. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to do this? Thanks

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by bernie14 View Post
    Hey guys, couple of questions.

I don't have access to online rosters as I can't sign in to Wow People Portal. When I try and sign up, it says my records don't match. I've told the CSM who fobbed it off and said it wasn't her problem, so I rang IT twice, who both times told me it was up to the CSM to complete a 'Triple A' form. I told her, and again she told me to tell IT that it wasn't up to her, so I rang again and they said "Oh, try asking your store manager to do it."

Did that, and he gave me a dumbfounded look, asking "What's a Triple A form?"

Anyone know where to go from here? I just want to be able to view online rosters so I know when I'm working instead of ringing up the store every week to get someone to tell me.

Also - got my discount card the other day. I lost the sheet of paper that had the instructions on how to activate it. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to do this? Thanks
    Hey mate, you should be able to access your rosters through the WOW people portal here >> https://wowpeople.woolworths.com.au/content/Login.html

If you don't have a log in, you should of received one in your email from your supervisor or whoever was in charge of employing you, i.e. person that rang you, emailed you, etc. The login is a woolworths/gmail linked one so you should enquire directly with your manager if they have it set up for you.

Also you can activate your WOW discount card here: https://www.woolworthsrewards.com.au...e/index.html#/

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

HSC

Whats up with Coles opening all checkouts on the weekend!?

Cadet
    HSC

@Katebrunner

It's just something they do every holiday time, they say they'll open all of their checkouts from 10am to 5pm every day around the big event (fine print saying it's based on availability and whether registers work or not). Just a marketing stunt, because we all know that supermarkets rarely open all registers ever, because it's rarely busy enough to need it.

Dunno if Woolies do it or not, but the Coles in my old town did it, and it led to them blowing money on register staff they didn't need. Who would have thought that the store would be dead at 4pm on Christmas Eve on a Saturday?

HSC

I wish we would do it, the customers would be happy

Cadet
    HSC

It works better for the stores that have 6 registers and are busy, sure.

Would be pointless for a smaller, city store with no traffic for example, because they already roster on too many people half the time.

I've seen a night at a small Perth shop with three customers in the shop, with a checkout supervisor, register operator, smokeshop/express operator and a SCO operator.

HSC

Any penalty rates for working today?

HSC

I won't be able to work this saturday, when I try to put in annual leave for that day in successfactors it says: Unplanned Leave cannot be entered or approved in the current week for Kronos employees. Please enter the leave in Kronos.

What the fuck is Kronos?

Cadet
    HSC

You can't apply for annual leave yourself without giving I think over a week's notice. If you're granted leave for Saturday, the office staff need to put it into the system, the payroll system is Kronos. You don't need to worry about Kronos, you'll never use it. If they give it to you as a holiday day, it will show up as unplanned leave, there isn't a huge difference.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by subtekjr View Post
    You can't apply for annual leave yourself without giving I think over a week's notice. If you're granted leave for Saturday, the office staff need to put it into the system, the payroll system is Kronos. You don't need to worry about Kronos, you'll never use it. If they give it to you as a holiday day, it will show up as unplanned leave, there isn't a huge difference.
    Yeah!

HSC

Hi. We are a group of design students from the University of Sydney who are working on an assignment to create a futuristic shopping experience.
    We are trying to gather data for our research, and the more we can get, the better! We have two links below. The first survey is for anybody that has used a checkout as a customer, whilst the second is for any staff member that has operated a traditional checkout and/or self-service checkout.

Customer Survey - https://goo.gl/forms/rnZ2C74Km72YV27e2

Staff Survey - https://goo.gl/forms/iYdLZyTO04eo41d12

Any help would be fantastic. Thanks!

Cadet
    HSC

Pardon my ignorance, Woolies is my first and only job so far, but I spoke to my manager about part time and she seemed fine with the idea... now what are the benefits besides stability? I don't really understand how paid personal and sick leave work. Are they accrued?

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by undertides View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, Woolies is my first and only job so far, but I spoke to my manager about part time and she seemed fine with the idea... now what are the benefits besides stability? I don't really understand how paid personal and sick leave work. Are they accrued?
    Stability, security, leave and safety.

You get a stable roster, with a minimum, contracted set of hours. You are guaranteed AT LEAST the hours your contract states. There is only one way they can drop your hours without you agreeing to it: By cutting all casual hours, pulling all Flex Up hours and calling for volunteers to drop hours. If they get through each of these stages, and are still overspending, they can cut part time (not full time) hours. They still have to pay you for the full hours for four? weeks after you stop working those hours.

You don't run the risk of losing all your hours in place of being fired. Casuals can be "fired", by just cutting all of their shifts in favour of other people's. It's unlikely, but you have that security.

Annual leave is accrued weekly for part time workers, on a pro rata basis. Basically, your hours worked/38 * 152 / 52 is the formula they use. If you work 10 hours in a week, you gain 0.76 hours annual leave. You get four weeks annual leave a year (152 hours for full timers), so every week, you earn 4/52 (or 1/13) of a week's work.

Sick (Personal, it's the same thing) is earned the same way, but with just 11 days sick leave a year (83.6 hours for a full timer). Your formula for leave gained is Hours / 38 * 83.6 / 52. For 10 hours a week, you earn 0.42 hours Sick leave.

The leave you gain changes every week you work depending on hours worked, not hours rostered. If you calculate your average hours at the end of the year, you should get 4 weeks of that average in annual leave, total, and 11 days at that rate sick leave.

You can also join the union as a part timer, which takes $3.95 a week from your pay I believe as a part timer, and basically means you have the ability to take disputes to the SDA, are protected by them etc. In reality it does nothing, but it prevents employers from looking at who's in the union and picking on those who aren't because they don't have the union behind them.

Part time isn't a bad gig, it's certainly not worth it pay wise, but the sheer fact you can take days off without worrying about making your bills for the week, and you get paid holidays, as well as the guaranteed shifts every week, makes it a pretty good deal.

Also, you can always refuse extra shifts without losing hours the next week. You're part time, not on call.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by subtekjr View Post
    You can also join the union as a part timer, which takes $3.95 a week from your pay I believe as a part timer, and basically means you have the ability to take disputes to the SDA, are protected by them etc. In reality it does nothing, but it prevents employers from looking at who's in the union and picking on those who aren't because they don't have the union behind them.
    Remember, there's no longer just one union. RAFFWU is the better choice, I'll just leave this link here again.
    raffwu.org.au
    It's nice to be in a union that actually gives a shit about the workers.

Thread Information