Page 648 of 648 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648
Results 16,176 to 16,196 of 16196
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: The Woolworths Thread

  1. #16176
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Ok and how would I go about asking for a part-time contract? Or do I just wait for my CSM to ask me?

    I'm getting a stable number of hours at the moment, but I am indeed very concerned that when I turn 20 and my wage goes up, my 'regular' hours are going to take a huge hit to compensate

  2. #16177
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Bring it up with your CSM and I'm sure you can work something out which fits the two of you.

  3. #16178
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    =)

    Do we get public holiday Penalty Rates on Easter Saturday?

  4. #16179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    HSC
    1999
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    St Kilda
    Posts
    732
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Certainly do!
    I am an employee of Woolworths Limited.
    All statements made are my own opinion and not those of my employer

  5. #16180
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    OMG YES thank you CSM! Love you to bits, rostered on for 5 hours that Saturday, and not to boast but I do feel a little bit special because I saw a handful of many other casuals that are regularly on Saturday weren't put on the roster for Easter Sat. Or maybe they weren't available, can't really make any assumptions off that, but as someone saving up for a new phone, I'm delighted I got put on Easter Saturday

  6. #16181
    Rambling Spirit astroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UTS
    Posts
    7,088
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Anyone know how to go about asking to not keep getting 5 days per week of work? I keep getting rostered constantly 5 days per week for nightfill and it's fucking getting boring and tiring as hell. How can I properly ask my manager to stop giving me 5 days of work each week and keep it at say 3 days a week. If I'm correct, my contract is only three days per week and each week I am always given two more days to work.


    I wanna work less but am worried I might get fired lol.

  7. #16182
    Junior Member Katebrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by astroman View Post
    Anyone know how to go about asking to not keep getting 5 days per week of work? I keep getting rostered constantly 5 days per week for nightfill and it's fucking getting boring and tiring as hell. How can I properly ask my manager to stop giving me 5 days of work each week and keep it at say 3 days a week. If I'm correct, my contract is only three days per week and each week I am always given two more days to work.


    I wanna work less but am worried I might get fired lol.
    Some folks would love to work 5 days a week
    FrontEndHero likes this.

  8. #16183
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    @Astroman, I'm about to go on holidays, and as such, told my line manager I'm completely free - I've suddenly gone from 2-3 days of work a week (each 4 hours) to 5 days a week (maximum for a casual) in the next two weeks.

    Just think as I do - it means he/she likes you, thinks you're reliable and is recognising you are doing a good job, otherwise, all those shifts probably would have been given to someone else.

  9. #16184
    Rambling Spirit astroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UTS
    Posts
    7,088
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by quick_throwaway View Post
    @Astroman, I'm about to go on holidays, and as such, told my line manager I'm completely free - I've suddenly gone from 2-3 days of work a week (each 4 hours) to 5 days a week (maximum for a casual) in the next two weeks.

    Just think as I do - it means he/she likes you, thinks you're reliable and is recognising you are doing a good job, otherwise, all those shifts probably would have been given to someone else.
    everyone on my team is working 5 days though.

  10. #16185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    HSC
    1999
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    St Kilda
    Posts
    732
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Just politely tell them your circumstances have changed and let them know your new availability of three days a week and what days they are. If you are casual you have the right to say no. If you're contracted those days, you can write a letter asking to reduce your contracted hours and give them two weeks notice

    Don't let them guilt trip you either, which they might. They will try, believe me. Depending on your manager of course. But just stand your ground, if you aren't available, you're not available.
    I am an employee of Woolworths Limited.
    All statements made are my own opinion and not those of my employer

  11. #16186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    HSC
    1999
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    St Kilda
    Posts
    732
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Who's looking forward to easter haha yeaaaahhhhh boiiiiiiiiiii
    I am an employee of Woolworths Limited.
    All statements made are my own opinion and not those of my employer

  12. #16187
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    HSC
    2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Hey guys, couple of questions.

    I don't have access to online rosters as I can't sign in to Wow People Portal. When I try and sign up, it says my records don't match. I've told the CSM who fobbed it off and said it wasn't her problem, so I rang IT twice, who both times told me it was up to the CSM to complete a 'Triple A' form. I told her, and again she told me to tell IT that it wasn't up to her, so I rang again and they said "Oh, try asking your store manager to do it."

    Did that, and he gave me a dumbfounded look, asking "What's a Triple A form?"

    Anyone know where to go from here? I just want to be able to view online rosters so I know when I'm working instead of ringing up the store every week to get someone to tell me.

    Also - got my discount card the other day. I lost the sheet of paper that had the instructions on how to activate it. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to do this? Thanks

  13. #16188
    Rambling Spirit astroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UTS
    Posts
    7,088
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bernie14 View Post
    Hey guys, couple of questions.

    I don't have access to online rosters as I can't sign in to Wow People Portal. When I try and sign up, it says my records don't match. I've told the CSM who fobbed it off and said it wasn't her problem, so I rang IT twice, who both times told me it was up to the CSM to complete a 'Triple A' form. I told her, and again she told me to tell IT that it wasn't up to her, so I rang again and they said "Oh, try asking your store manager to do it."

    Did that, and he gave me a dumbfounded look, asking "What's a Triple A form?"

    Anyone know where to go from here? I just want to be able to view online rosters so I know when I'm working instead of ringing up the store every week to get someone to tell me.

    Also - got my discount card the other day. I lost the sheet of paper that had the instructions on how to activate it. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to do this? Thanks
    Hey mate, you should be able to access your rosters through the WOW people portal here >> https://wowpeople.woolworths.com.au/content/Login.html

    If you don't have a log in, you should of received one in your email from your supervisor or whoever was in charge of employing you, i.e. person that rang you, emailed you, etc. The login is a woolworths/gmail linked one so you should enquire directly with your manager if they have it set up for you.

    Also you can activate your WOW discount card here: https://www.woolworthsrewards.com.au...e/index.html#/

    If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

  14. #16189
    Junior Member Katebrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Whats up with Coles opening all checkouts on the weekend!?

  15. #16190
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    @Katebrunner

    It's just something they do every holiday time, they say they'll open all of their checkouts from 10am to 5pm every day around the big event (fine print saying it's based on availability and whether registers work or not). Just a marketing stunt, because we all know that supermarkets rarely open all registers ever, because it's rarely busy enough to need it.

    Dunno if Woolies do it or not, but the Coles in my old town did it, and it led to them blowing money on register staff they didn't need. Who would have thought that the store would be dead at 4pm on Christmas Eve on a Saturday?

  16. #16191
    Junior Member Katebrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    I wish we would do it, the customers would be happy

  17. #16192
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    It works better for the stores that have 6 registers and are busy, sure.

    Would be pointless for a smaller, city store with no traffic for example, because they already roster on too many people half the time.

    I've seen a night at a small Perth shop with three customers in the shop, with a checkout supervisor, register operator, smokeshop/express operator and a SCO operator.

  18. #16193
    Rambling Spirit astroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UTS
    Posts
    7,088
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Any penalty rates for working today?

  19. #16194
    Rambling Spirit astroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UTS
    Posts
    7,088
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    I won't be able to work this saturday, when I try to put in annual leave for that day in successfactors it says: Unplanned Leave cannot be entered or approved in the current week for Kronos employees. Please enter the leave in Kronos.

    What the fuck is Kronos?

  20. #16195
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    You can't apply for annual leave yourself without giving I think over a week's notice. If you're granted leave for Saturday, the office staff need to put it into the system, the payroll system is Kronos. You don't need to worry about Kronos, you'll never use it. If they give it to you as a holiday day, it will show up as unplanned leave, there isn't a huge difference.

  21. #16196
    Junior Member Katebrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: The Woolworths Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by subtekjr View Post
    You can't apply for annual leave yourself without giving I think over a week's notice. If you're granted leave for Saturday, the office staff need to put it into the system, the payroll system is Kronos. You don't need to worry about Kronos, you'll never use it. If they give it to you as a holiday day, it will show up as unplanned leave, there isn't a huge difference.
    Yeah!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •