Page 649 of 650 FirstFirst ... 149549599639647648649650 LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,225 of 16239
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Woolworths Thread

Cadet
    HSC

Re: The Woolworths Thread

Thank you both for such thorough answers! This is really helpful. The pay cut will suck but at the moment my shifts are so infrequent it's not easy to live on.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by undertides View Post
    Thank you both for such thorough answers! This is really helpful. The pay cut will suck but at the moment my shifts are so infrequent it's not easy to live on.
    yeah trust me, go part time. As soon as too many of the CSM's reliable workers turn 20 at once, TRUST ME, they will go on a hiring spree, to find younger cheaper school kids to basically replace you and then you'll only get a 3 hour shift a week (or none), or rely on being called in which is shit.

You may be getting a decent 10h a week now as a casual - but who's to say you will still be getting them later? Thats what I hate about casual, nothings a guarantee - even if you're rostered on, on the day itself, you can be sent home early if its too quiet

Go part time to secure Woolies as basically part of your weekly routine ^^
    I am an employee of Woolworths Limited.
    All statements made are my own opinion and not those of my employer

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by quick_throwaway View Post
    yeah trust me, go part time. As soon as too many of the CSM's reliable workers turn 20 at once, TRUST ME, they will go on a hiring spree, to find younger cheaper school kids to basically replace you and then you'll only get a 3 hour shift a week (or none), or rely on being called in which is shit.

You may be getting a decent 10h a week now as a casual - but who's to say you will still be getting them later? Thats what I hate about casual, nothings a guarantee - even if you're rostered on, on the day itself, you can be sent home early if its too quiet

Go part time to secure Woolies as basically part of your weekly routine ^^
    Yeah, I'm in my twenties now and I definitely get rostered much less than the school kids. Thanks for the advice, my manager said she'd discuss it with me again soon so fingers are crossed!
    quick_throwaway likes this.

HSC

Hey guys, has your store ran out of the Marvel Discs yet? Mine has and won't be restocked again.

Gotta love telling customers that and then getting a sigh and an eye-roll :/

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Hey guys, has your store ran out of the Marvel Discs yet? Mine has and won't be restocked again.

We still have some. Enough to last until Tuesday? I'm not certain.

It's hilarious reading the WW Facebook page and the way customers are whining and complaining like spoiled children over a few bits of plastic.
    Last edited by Xantios; 28 May 2017 at 4:40 AM.

HSC

How much do lollies cost at woolworths?
    year 11 2017
    year 12 2018
    year boredsatan 2019
    year LOL 2020-infinity

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Xantios View Post
    We still have some. Enough to last until Tuesday? I'm not certain.

It's hilarious reading the WW Facebook page and the way customers are whining and complaining like spoiled children over a few bits of plastic.
    Don't read that page, you will lose your sanity very easily - the things that customers complain about are so stupid and some of them are flat out insolent . i try not to read it. Especially as many customers there love bitching about staff, I nearly lost some of my sanity when I read one post where a customer had ONE bottle of milk. No checkouts open cuz late. Still refused to put it through self serve because he didn't get a discount for it, I mean seriously?
    Last edited by quick_throwaway; 29 May 2017 at 1:39 AM.

HSC

Hey guys can anyone tell me about Long Service Leave? Does it differ depending what state you're in? I've been PPT for around 6 years and casual for nearly three years before that. My 10 year anniversary is coming up mid-next year and I've sort of been hanging out for it to take my LSL and then resign.

I've gotten a really awesome new job this year and I'd prefer to work here full time if I could, Woolies feels like more of an interference in my life than anything nowadays. Can anyone tell me if LSL is pro-rated depending how many hours you do a year (which is what my SSO told me)? I'm moving back to QLD soon so if that makes any difference. I just want to know if its worth it. I thought I should possibly call the union to see what they say the go is, but yeah wanted to see what you guys say

Thanks guys.

Cadet
    HSC

We've run out and IIRC won't be restocked. Had some customers ask us to call other stores.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by nanakid12 View Post
    Hey guys can anyone tell me about Long Service Leave? Does it differ depending what state you're in? I've been PPT for around 6 years and casual for nearly three years before that. My 10 year anniversary is coming up mid-next year and I've sort of been hanging out for it to take my LSL and then resign.

I've gotten a really awesome new job this year and I'd prefer to work here full time if I could, Woolies feels like more of an interference in my life than anything nowadays. Can anyone tell me if LSL is pro-rated depending how many hours you do a year (which is what my SSO told me)? I'm moving back to QLD soon so if that makes any difference. I just want to know if its worth it. I thought I should possibly call the union to see what they say the go is, but yeah wanted to see what you guys say

Thanks guys.
    so the amount you get paid is based on the weekly average of what you worked either the last year or last three years, whichever is greater.

if you are only sticking around to take your long service leave, don't bother. whatever you have earned so far will be paid out on termination after 7 years.

http://www.business.vic.gov.au/hirin...nt-termination

HSC

Thats in VIC though, I just looked at the QLD website and it says this:

Between 7 and 10 years’ continuous service

Employees may have an entitlement to receive proportionate payment of long service leave on termination of employment after completing 7 years continuous service.

However, employees who have completed 7 but less than 10 years’ continuous service are entitled to pro-rata long service leave only if the primary reason for the termination falls within the following criteria:

The employee's service is terminated by their death.
    The employee terminates their service because of their illness or incapacity or because of a domestic or other pressing necessity.
    The employer dismisses the employee for a reason other than the employee's conduct, capacity or performance.
    The employer unfairly dismisses the employee.
    Source: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/runn...e/entitlements

Why is QLD so backwards

HSC

ah that sucks, i saw st kilda in your profile and assumed.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by nanakid12 View Post
    Thats in VIC though, I just looked at the QLD website and it says this:

Source: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/runn...e/entitlements

Why is QLD so backwards
    JBP
    Prelim 2017: 3U English | 2U Maths | Economics | Legal Studies | SOR1 | Modern History
    ATAR Aim: 90.00
    Course Aim: Commerce @ UNSW

Cadet
    HSC

What is the N/A system at your respective stores? I wish ours was online. We have a book and no matter how much notice I give, I still get scheduled on.

HSC

Moved away from my hometown for university at the start of the year. I still haven't been able to get a transfer!!!! Damn frustrating as I have a lot of experience in replenishment/merchandising. Has anyone else had this much trouble getting one or do you know anyone who has had similar troubles? I've been rejected from all of the positions I've applied for. All I want is 10 hours or so a week stacking shelves.
    Last edited by tubba001; 7 Jun 2017 at 7:15 PM.

The optimistic pessimist. FlyingKanga's Avatar
    HSC

Hey guys, I think I screwed up. I've been working since December. I entered my TFN and other details into SuccessFactors when I had to, but it seems that I didn't hit the submit button? I realised today after so many months that they've been charging ridiculous amounts of tax after looking at my payslip for the first time lol. Who do I ask to be reimbursed all that tax, after submitting my TFN?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKanga View Post
    Hey guys, I think I screwed up. I've been working since December. I entered my TFN and other details into SuccessFactors when I had to, but it seems that I didn't hit the submit button? I realised today after so many months that they've been charging ridiculous amounts of tax after looking at my payslip for the first time lol. Who do I ask to be reimbursed all that tax, after submitting my TFN?
    you ask the tax department when you do your tax return in about a month.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKanga View Post
    I don't think Wollies can reimburse you. You just claim it back from the ATO when you do your tax return thing

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Would anyone be able to tell me about gap scans and how to do them? All I know is that people used to hate doing them and you go through the store scanning all gaps (out of stocks) but what else goes into a gap scan? Cheers!

HSC

Nothing else goes in a gap scan really. It used to be stuff that is low in stock, but they changed it a while back so that its just stuff that is completely out of stock.

@FlyingKanga you will get a really nice amount back when you submit your tax return.
    FrontEndHero likes this.

HSC
    N/A

Was wondering if anyone could help me in regards to uniforms?

I'm starting in Nightfill soon. I don't really like the polos (even though they're supposedly more comfortable) and I want to wear the long sleeve button up instead. Am I allowed or am I restricted to polos?

On the Total Image website it says [polos] are delegated to Replenishment/Nightfill, however I always see at my local store during the day some replenishment members wearing the long sleeve button up.

HSC

Just wear them lol, it doesn't matter. If it were me I find the polo more comfortable cause it's less restrictive when constantly bending and moving but it's literally up to you.

It's just not supposed to be the other way around ie. wearing Longlife polo in other departments but my store are pretty lax about that too.

HSC

Hi all , this probably sound silly. i'm looking at jobs on Sucess Factors and i see customer Service Team Manager and customer Service Team support advertised (from two different stores) they both have the same description. my question is whats the difference, my guess is manager is salary and support is Eba. i know Service Team support is usually front end supervisor. i might be going crazy

HSC

yeah pretty much. service team support would probably be like a 2IC position if it's full time.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

And I don't live on the streets...I live in yours

Thread Information