Page 650 of 650 FirstFirst ... 150550600640648649650
Results 16,226 to 16,239 of 16239
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Woolworths Thread

HSC

Re: The Woolworths Thread

Hey guys, I have been working at Woolworths for about 7 months now as a Casual at Front End. Our Scan Rates are released fairly irregularly, but when they are I have peaked at 32.3 items/min which co-workers found impressive. I am quite a statistics nerd kind of guy and would be interested if I would be able to check these stats online at home instead of at work computers. Thanks in advance

HSC

Good question. Unfortunately you can online check on woolies computers (all the reports are run internally on the store's database reports). You can check the scan rates of all other stores in your area group through 'launchpad'. Tbh, scan rate is a silly measure. Because smokeshop operators will ALWAYS be faster than everyone else! Scanning a packet of smokes and quickly hitting enter will mean you're scan rate is highly inflated compared to someone on full service having to wait for customers to unload groceries and then they have to come down the belt. You can easily reach 50-60 items/min if you get the technique down (scan & hit enter immediately), smae with opal cards or mobile recharges.

But it is kind of cool to be top of the leaderboard i guess (not much other incentive to work on checkouts, having to deal with all the customers).

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuey View Post
    Was wondering if anyone could help me in regards to uniforms?

I'm starting in Nightfill soon. I don't really like the polos (even though they're supposedly more comfortable) and I want to wear the long sleeve button up instead. Am I allowed or am I restricted to polos?

On the Total Image website it says [polos] are delegated to Replenishment/Nightfill, however I always see at my local store during the day some replenishment members wearing the long sleeve button up.
    All departments can wear the microcheck shirt, the polo shirts are just an option for Nightfill/Longlife. You'll be moving around a lot, bending and lifting etc so it's important to be comfortable!

Cadet
    HSC

Any other stores have issues with yesterday's load? My Produce load in Perth was 2 pallets worth of stock. Apparently we weren't the only ones?

Edit: We normally get 5-7 pallets on Sunday for Monday.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by subtekjr View Post
    Any other stores have issues with yesterday's load? My Produce load in Perth was 2 pallets worth of stock. Apparently we weren't the only ones?

Edit: We normally get 5-7 pallets on Sunday for Monday.
    You'll get a truckload later in the week.

HSC

So how do I go about resigning?

I've been employed as a night fill team member for just over a year and due to other work commitments/study can't work anymore.

How much notice should I give, who do I write the resignation letter to and what should I write?

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by astroman View Post
    So how do I go about resigning?

I've been employed as a night fill team member for just over a year and due to other work commitments/study can't work anymore.

How much notice should I give, who do I write the resignation letter to and what should I write?
    I'd address it to your Longlife/Groceries manager, and according to the EBA you need to give two weeks notice if you've been with the company more than a year. If you're a casual you wouldn't need to provide any formal notice, but it would still be a common courtesy to do so.

As for the contents of the letter, you needn't write much. Just provide notice of your intent to resign due to your other work/study commitments, as of whatever date is convenient for you and meets your obligations to the company.

HSC

All stores are getting "Pickup", the new name of Click and Collect. How exciting for all.

Also, stores in our area are apparently getting new scanners - ones that scan barcodes from multiple sides of the product, like ALDI has.

Anyone else got any new news?

I also asked to check a ladies bag the other day, and her husband who didn't hear me was trying to move her along, and the lady absolutely went batshit insane at her husband lol. Fully screamed at him and shit. Funny
    I am an employee of Woolworths Limited.
    All statements made are my own opinion and not those of my employer

HSC

There's a scam going around at the moment everyone. One of our operators was targeted recently - if you ever see an EFTPOS screen which says ALLOW MANUAL KEY ENTRY, make sure you hit NO and tell a supervisor, because someone is trying to enter stolen credit card details into the pin pad. It's usually to purchase a high value gift card.

The store manager has to also be made aware of any attempts of this - looks like it's a nationwide thing at the moment.
    I am an employee of Woolworths Limited.
    All statements made are my own opinion and not those of my employer

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Has anyone else heard about the changes to the uniform? I was told that replenishment/nightfill shirt won't be an option any longer and that all staff will be expected to wear the green microcheck shirt.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

I don't think they would change it anymore than what they've changed it already in all honesty. It's important that nightfill/groceries uniform is comfortable so it would be a bit questionable if the do end up changing it.

HSC

anyone got 1pos yet?

Cadet
    HSC

I wish to bludgeon whoever came up with 1Pos. Such a stupid, slow system. I get the need to change a few things but why re-word everything?

My first experience with it was when I was doing an overnight shift (my Woolies is a 24 hour store) and I was the only person on front end. Was an interesting night learning the ropes haha!

HSC

This might be a stupid question but if the roster has PT-PH next to my shift instead of PT-PH OFF it means I'm working on the public holiday correct?

Thread Information