Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Where do you Work? (Employment Advice Line)

makes the woosh noises ^CoSMic DoRiS^^'s Avatar
    HSC

Re: Employment Advice Line

question: i applied online for woolies about maybe a week ago (less even) and i wanted to look up the job i applied for again so i could check the closing date for application...i know i got in in the right time frame, i just forgot the date and wanted to know...but even after i entered exactly the same search info they said there were no jobs matching my criteria - does this mean that they have filled the position i applied for and just havent told me?
    Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat, I'd give it all gladly, if our lives could be like that.

HSC

it will simply disappear if it already reached the closing date. You can look again using your browser History on internet explorer but it will say its no longer available or something like that. I think you'll get an email from them in about a week or so from the closing date.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ^CoSMic DoRiS^^
    question: i applied online for woolies about maybe a week ago (less even) and i wanted to look up the job i applied for again so i could check the closing date for application...i know i got in in the right time frame, i just forgot the date and wanted to know...but even after i entered exactly the same search info they said there were no jobs matching my criteria - does this mean that they have filled the position i applied for and just havent told me?
    They take it off usually during the interview process. Well, that's what it was for me. They called me 2 days after the close date and the ad removed a few days after.

They shoudl call you soon if they want you in for a group interview and most people do get through to the group interview stage if you fulfilled criteria (liek citizenship and age etc).

it ain't easy being white Jachie's Avatar
    HSC

I don't know if we're still using the list in the first post, but if we are feel free to add me - I work at Greater Union Cinemas.
    It ain't easy being white.

HSC

hey i did all the online application shiz for colesmyer...but would it hurt to actually rock up to my local coles with my resume, you know go in and actually talk to someone? or wouldnt they want that.
    From personal experience, I wouldn't recommend it. I went in to my local coles with a resume and got my head bitten off. They sound pretty strict on their "online application" policy.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by babikakez
    From personal experience, I wouldn't recommend it. I went in to my local coles with a resume and got my head bitten off. They sound pretty strict on their "online application" policy.
    Is crazy if they're acting like that to potential employees; ultimately, they want to have their candidate pool as large as possible. Further, you're a (potential) customer, and shouldn't have your head bitten off under any (reasonable) circumstances. You were probably dealing with someone who wasn't quite as informed as they should have been, but I'd be writing a complaint to head office regarding how it was dealt with, and remind them they're discriminating against those without internet facilities, and in turn on age and socioeconomic basis, which are legal offences.

You might even get a Coles gift voucher out of it!

...Though, come to think of it, I don't know that I'd want to work under/with people who'd bite my head off for something so little.
    HSC: 2003 || BBA+BA-Psy: 2004-07 || Psych Honours: 2008
    Working at ABS from 2009 so do not ask me about MQ eStudent procedures!

Vivimus Vivamus ChrissyGirl2007's Avatar
    HSC

i work at KFC, if your gonna add me to the list. i also have done a few weeks work experience at IGA and ive also got about 5 friends who work thier so i know heaps.

HSC

i work at kmart....did two weeks at citybeach parra but didnt like it and well didnt bother ringin up for more shifts.....

btw aryanbeauty..overtime first means you get paid 1.5times your normal pay and the same goes for overtime double (2 times normal pay)...you get them if you work on weekends..usually sundays altho not to sure about bigw eba...and the other two you mentioned are the ones that apply if you work past a certain time on normal paid days (monday to friday or saturday..again check your eba), and also go look up the tax sheets under the ato site...heres the link http://www.ato.gov.au/content/downlo...05-05-2007.pdf it would be wise to check the tax bigw takes out of your pay against the rates on the ato table..if theres a discrepancy ask your payroll office to clear it up
    Last edited by dodgyfilokid; 21 Sep 2007 at 7:36 AM.

HSC

Dominos Pizza
    Subjects:
    Advanced English
    General Maths
    IPT
    PDHPE
    Business Studies
    Biology

HSC

i just got a job at woolworths today
    so i guess i know their "latest" techniques

Also Roger David
    Last edited by chemicalex; 19 Oct 2007 at 5:04 AM.

HSC

hi,

im looking for work put my resume in everywhere but ppl rnt hiring.

anyone know any places within the eastern suburbs prefer near randwick that need ppl.

please pm me!!

HSC

is there a way to report/do something about dodgy employers without actually suing them? i don't have the time or resources to do that. (i got hired as a christmas casual by cotton on and they never gave me any shifts...i rang their 'confidential team member hotline' and gave them a piece of my mind about it but since none of my other methods of contacting them have drawn a response i'm not holding my breath).
    Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat, I'd give it all gladly, if our lives could be like that.

HSC

update on the above. i finally got a call back from them in which i was told that they "tried" to contact me on my mobile fourteen times. I am calling bullshit on this. I have only got ONE missed call listed on my mobile from a number I don't recognise. no number on the missed call list has called 14 times. there are 30 calls from an 'unknown' number, but hey, i can't call back if it's unknown. the lady i spoke to said i didn't have a voicemail or a messagebank. this is also bullshit, i've had a voicemail set up since day one of owning this phone. am i being lied to? what is going on

^wooz*y^
    HSC

is there a way to report/do something about dodgy employers without actually suing them? i don't have the time or resources to do that. (i got hired as a christmas casual by cotton on and they never gave me any shifts...i rang their 'confidential team member hotline' and gave them a piece of my mind about it but since none of my other methods of contacting them have drawn a response i'm not holding my breath).
    Cotton on is sh*t, two of my friends went at Christmas casuals, one of them only got the one shift 3hr after gowing through the whole interview process. The other gave up on them because they kept contacting her the day before a shift and yeh she was pissed at the short notices.

HSC

yeah they're utterly crap. i've decided they definitely lied about calling me, too. I thought up every reason I could about why a call would not have gotten through, but no matter what, my voicemail should have picked up, even if the phone was off/out of range. or the telstra lady would tell them the phone was unavailable or whatever. so them telling me "it just rang out every time" is bullshit.

so if anyone else is thinking of working for these twats, don't waste your time.

HSC

update on the above. i finally got a call back from them in which i was told that they "tried" to contact me on my mobile fourteen times. I am calling bullshit on this. I have only got ONE missed call listed on my mobile from a number I don't recognise. no number on the missed call list has called 14 times. there are 30 calls from an 'unknown' number, but hey, i can't call back if it's unknown. the lady i spoke to said i didn't have a voicemail or a messagebank. this is also bullshit, i've had a voicemail set up since day one of owning this phone. am i being lied to? what is going on
    no employer would call '14' times, usually they'll ring once (wait for the 5th beep) then hang up and move on, that what i know when it comes to recruitment

HSC

yeah that's what i thought. they can't have been that desperate for my services to call so many times

i think they may have been a bit affronted by the message i left on their hotline. i didn't exactly mince words about it. i don't think employers appreciate being told to 'get your act together and grow up'...but it's the truth.

twats.

HSC
    N/A

yeah that's what i thought. they can't have been that desperate for my services to call so many times

i think they may have been a bit affronted by the message i left on their hotline. i didn't exactly mince words about it. i don't think employers appreciate being told to 'get your act together and grow up'...but it's the truth.

twats.
    yeeaahh...they're just ol' bloody twats imo.

^wooz*y^
    HSC

twats.
    There crap at paying staff aswell, my friends been waiting for her latest payslip and it's been 3 weeks already and she's called up and everything.

HSC
    Uni Grad

strathfield car radios
    strathfield group limited (head office)
    jaycar electronics (head office)
    powerhouse international
    dominoes

BHS '05
    B Economics '10
    Economics/Finance

Graduate of University of No Sexy Women

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Wooz
    Cotton on is sh*t, two of my friends went at Christmas casuals, one of them only got the one shift 3hr after gowing through the whole interview process. The other gave up on them because they kept contacting her the day before a shift and yeh she was pissed at the short notices.
    yeah i worked as a christmas casual at cotton on body.
    i got heaps of shifts but only because the manager liked me, the rest of the casuals seemed to get nothing..
    but i agree its pretty shitty. our manager quit and there was a total lack of organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooz
    There crap at paying staff aswell, my friends been waiting for her latest payslip and it's been 3 weeks already and she's called up and everything.
    yep. they stuffed up my pay 3 times and i never got the money.. which would hve been $100 all together
    Last edited by lovenotwar; 25 May 2008 at 1:06 PM.

HSC

Part Time Job Help

Hey guys, I've been looking for a part time job for a while now, and have so far had no luck. I was wondering if anyone here knew of any websites where part time vacancies are posted, or even some companies that have vacancies at the moment?

Any help is appreciated

HSC

Re: Part Time Job Help

HSC

I checked woolies, and there isn't anything in even close to my area.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by elienaim
    I checked woolies, and there isn't anything in even close to my area.
    Where are you? I used to have that problem with bigger companies like woolies etc because nothing was ever posted in my district.

But having said that try all the major companies, e.g. big supermarkets, variety retailers like Big W, major clothing outlets, food places - not just your typical maccas but any other chains as well, cinemas, etc etc basically if it's in a typical westfields chances are you can apply for a job there.

Also look at smaller local places e.g. cafes and suchlike as well although bear in mind a lot of these are just run by the family that owns the shop so you might have better luck with a bigger place.

Another thing you could do if you're struggling is to make a list of every company/workplace you can possibly think of, do not worry if it sounds like a company you could work at or not, just list as many as you can (group them by category if it helps e.g. retail, finance, hospitality, sales, government/public service, health, sport and rec, etc etc). Then go through the list and look up each place to see what they've got in terms of job vacancies. It sounds like a lotta work but you could open your eyes to a lot of opportunities you might not have thought about.

And yeah failing that, employment agencies.

Try jobsearch.gov.au, a site called hippo jobs, um there's a lot just google "part time jobs" and a billion will appear.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information