BIGW night fill (1 Viewer)

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
hey guys.

Last week i was called into BIGW to sit a test & fill out a form.

Today they called me to say that my interview is next week & i got to bring documents & references.

If i pass this interview will i have to do another interview? at the test they said if you do get in you wont start untill september

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
well im 19 right now (20 end of the year) so i think ill get better pay than people aged 16 under. When i did they test they said night fill runs from 5pm till around 10pm, it never goes past 11pm.

1am shioft is for woolies ppl

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
not true, big w nightfill can go to 4 in the morning or even later, it all depends on what time of the yr and the promotions on. pay is reasonable.
19yrs $14.88
20yrs think up to $17 or something big jump

goodluck... frankly nightfill is shit..
i'd go for depeartment assistant or checkouts... both easy and time flies on most occasions.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im not sure whether this is the case for all big w stores but our store has now put in a rule that no nightfill member is allowed to work past 12am. The nightfill staff used to work until the store re-opened at 830am the next day after starting at 8 the night before. It was utterly ridiculous and they only got overtime til 2am. So yeah, theyve implemented a new rule that you cant work past 12am.

oh and if your going for a job for nightfill and you get it, make a good impression on the first few nights you work, try to get on well with the managers because they are the ones who decide when you work, unless youre permanent part time. If they think you're a bad worker or they dont particularly get along with you chances are they wont call you in. Well.. thats the case at my store anyway, not sure if itll help

astro2

HSC
BIG W and woolworths are racist

big w is full of racist bas*tards, i was at uni and i admit i couldn't do as much shifts as I wanted, but i attended every shift I was given

later i kept given excuses "no shifts no shifts", few weeks turned to months and i gave up.

later i wanted to get an internal position, which the interviewer didnt' know it was an internal position, which was ironic cause it was advertised only on page that current employees could get to (so unprofessional)

moron interviewer also didn't know i was a current employee despite its for a internal role AND i had a badge on. Anyways interview manager called to cash office and found out i was deactivated which i never knew

apparently if you dont' attent to work for a few weeks you get deactivated

EVEN though i want to tell you the full story it could take ages if i type it out so simply

1. i found out i was deactivated
2. i found out according to woolworhts ltd you HAVE to give a person minimum one shift a month so they dont get taken off the database
3. i found out this year 2008 ( i was employeed 2006 september) that i was terminated DURING my few weeks at BIGW 2006.

how can i be fired without knowing? how come the night fill manager continued to say 'no shifts' even though i was fired. Why not just tell me??

its like i was secretly terminated then the racist old bag waited out the month or so, that way it doesn't look suspicious since the computer automatically deactivates those who have been neutral for awhile.:mad:

jesus christ i didnt' know about my termination till a few weeks ago 2008, during that time i've been callng for shifts then asking for a reactivation

because i've been bagging them so much i now get a story from the store manager that he talked to my nighfill manager and said, I didn't come to some of my shifts, didnt call etc etc

OMFG the cow finally shows her true colours, she's not scared of making up lies because she's been promoted now, i told the store manager I did turn up to shifts and I am positivie since i'm a university student, i am aware of my surroundings and schedules....his best excuse was "you would say that"

i became utter furious after he said that, because it made the conversation down to 'who would be believed, a promoted 'night-fill manager' or some short asian guy.

now im unemployed and all my graduate or basic applications to jobs such as office or retail keeps getting rejected. When i DO get a interview i get looked up and down....like "why is this short asian guy doing here', i hate this country so racist and judgemental, i've taken enough of this crap at school:angry:

can't even transfer to woolworths (i.e bigw and woolies are linked) i have called for weeks and they keeping pushing me back and forth, grocery manager finally after a few weeks, goes "we dont' have to take you if dont want to" omfg what a rude hefer, i mean if you dont' let the transfer through then say so don't make me call so much and wait forever

once again till this day still waiting for this call.:hammer:

tennille

HSC
_muse_ said:
im not sure whether this is the case for all big w stores but our store has now put in a rule that no nightfill member is allowed to work past 12am. The nightfill staff used to work until the store re-opened at 830am the next day after starting at 8 the night before. It was utterly ridiculous and they only got overtime til 2am. So yeah, theyve implemented a new rule that you cant work past 12am.

oh and if your going for a job for nightfill and you get it, make a good impression on the first few nights you work, try to get on well with the managers because they are the ones who decide when you work, unless youre permanent part time. If they think you're a bad worker or they dont particularly get along with you chances are they wont call you in. Well.. thats the case at my store anyway, not sure if itll help
On most occasions, night fillers won't work past 12. However, I've seen some work till 2am. They'll get a higher rate of pay if they work past 12. Big W calls in their casual night fillers, so it'll be good to make a good impression so you will get called in.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Re: BIG W and woolworths are racist

astro2 said:
big w is full of racist bas*tards, i was at uni and i admit i couldn't do as much shifts as I wanted, but i attended every shift I was given

later i kept given excuses "no shifts no shifts", few weeks turned to months and i gave up.

later i wanted to get an internal position, which the interviewer didnt' know it was an internal position, which was ironic cause it was advertised only on page that current employees could get to (so unprofessional)

moron interviewer also didn't know i was a current employee despite its for a internal role AND i had a badge on. Anyways interview manager called to cash office and found out i was deactivated which i never knew

apparently if you dont' attent to work for a few weeks you get deactivated

EVEN though i want to tell you the full story it could take ages if i type it out so simply

1. i found out i was deactivated
2. i found out according to woolworhts ltd you HAVE to give a person minimum one shift a month so they dont get taken off the database
3. i found out this year 2008 ( i was employeed 2006 september) that i was terminated DURING my few weeks at BIGW 2006.

how can i be fired without knowing? how come the night fill manager continued to say 'no shifts' even though i was fired. Why not just tell me??

its like i was secretly terminated then the racist old bag waited out the month or so, that way it doesn't look suspicious since the computer automatically deactivates those who have been neutral for awhile.:mad:

jesus christ i didnt' know about my termination till a few weeks ago 2008, during that time i've been callng for shifts then asking for a reactivation

because i've been bagging them so much i now get a story from the store manager that he talked to my nighfill manager and said, I didn't come to some of my shifts, didnt call etc etc

OMFG the cow finally shows her true colours, she's not scared of making up lies because she's been promoted now, i told the store manager I did turn up to shifts and I am positivie since i'm a university student, i am aware of my surroundings and schedules....his best excuse was "you would say that"

i became utter furious after he said that, because it made the conversation down to 'who would be believed, a promoted 'night-fill manager' or some short asian guy.

now im unemployed and all my graduate or basic applications to jobs such as office or retail keeps getting rejected. When i DO get a interview i get looked up and down....like "why is this short asian guy doing here', i hate this country so racist and judgemental, i've taken enough of this crap at school:angry:

can't even transfer to woolworths (i.e bigw and woolies are linked) i have called for weeks and they keeping pushing me back and forth, grocery manager finally after a few weeks, goes "we dont' have to take you if dont want to" omfg what a rude hefer, i mean if you dont' let the transfer through then say so don't make me call so much and wait forever

once again till this day still waiting for this call.:hammer:

that's harsh but what makes you think they were being racist to you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)