Does low price tutoring = inferior quality tutoring ? (1 Viewer)

Does low price tutoring = inferior teaching

• Yes

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 67 85.9%

• Total voters
HSC
N/A
no, this is not about me getting a student, this is actually because I saw some arrogant jerk from some place called "team 99.95" on another forum, which charges $70/hr and he was talking down to me because of the prices I would be doing, being a smartass saying "their cleaners get $25/hr " . So I decided to make this up as I ( and others I think ) would be interested to see what the general view is.

Note: it is not a public poll.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
No. Also, are you referring to YORTH Mathematics? I know they are epically rip-off.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I went to a tutor from 7-10 that was about 15 an hour. Quality is exceptional. May I add, we did Extension 1 in Year 9 and 10.

HSC
N/A
also, just another thing I have been wondering.

would you rather have a uni student as a tutor ( usually $25/hr, maybe $30/hr ) or a qualified school teacher ( $50/hr ) . Do you guys feel that a school teacher is worth double the cost of a uni student, that is do you think you would get twice as much out of tutoring with a school teacher verus tutoring with a uni student that did well in the subject. Because there are some people out there that seem to only want school teachers ( and they even mention that they dont care about the price )

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I would not go either simply because I can find both uni students and teachers who charge less. =P

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Yah, my 4U teacher does free tutoring/homework help after school on Mondays.
Same with me but on Sundays. Sometimes i cbb going lol.
My chemistry tutor charges $20 for 2 hours. (It's all group tutoring)
Math Ext 1: $17 for 1.5 hours
Math Ext 2: $35 for 2 hours. (I actually prefer my math ext 1 teacher because he has more resources and he is actually a teacher)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
I would never get tutored by an arrogant 99.95 student, no matter how smart or successful they are.

HSC
N/A
I would have thought it would be a little awarked having your class teacher as your weekend tutor lol

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I would have thought it would be a little awarked having your class teacher as your weekend tutor lol
It would be.

Anyway, you don't really need a tutor unless you're doing MX1 or MX2 and have hopes of achieving an ATAR of 95 plus. I wouldn't pay anything above $15/hour, either.

HSC
N/A
It would be.

Anyway, you don't really need a tutor unless you're doing MX1 or MX2 and have hopes of achieving an ATAR of 95 plus. I wouldn't pay anything above $15/hour, either.
good luck finding someone to tutor for that XD.

A 17yr old that hasnt finished their hsc, working at maccas makes more than that :p.

I am not doing tutoring for the money and to become a millionare, but I definately dont want to be getting less than I am currently getting.

Last edited:

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I guess it depends how much of an impetus you place on your HSC ; )

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I know plenty of tutors who charge >$15/hour. Not everyone is in it for the money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)