Who Tutors at a Library? (1 Viewer)

Stabilo123

HSC
This is a question to all of those who tutor at a Library...where exactly do you do it? Because libraries are meant to be quiet and the study rooms are supposedly not be used for private tutoring so where else can you go?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
The tutor's home or your home is usually the best place.

I never tutor at libraries, too much trouble. Plus, all my resources etc are at home.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I have avoided as far as possible tutoring in a public library - but many of my prospective students have suggested this library or that. I thought it to be a poor place for tutoring - it is crowded; no privacy; as I prefer some privacy and ability to discuss things louder than a mere whisper. I have often suggested a coffeee house in Eastwood - nice quite ambience; public so it is safe. Has tables so just great - can write. Then it just dawned on naive me (being a safe fella) that prospective students feel a public library a safer place. Or have I got it wrong?

I usually go to my student's home.

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Drongoski, some Libraries at Universities have rooms available for booking (free), which have whiteboards etc.

I get quite loud when I teach, so I usually prefer my own home.

As an added bonus, I let one of my students play on my computer during their break time. They seem to love the game "Chicken Invaders".

jnney

lemon
HSC
i've seen a lot of people get tutored at libraries as well. i guess it's just more convenient for the student.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Drongoski, some Libraries at Universities have rooms available for booking (free), which have whiteboards etc.

I get quite loud when I teach, so I usually prefer my own home.

As an added bonus, I let one of my students play on my computer during their break time. They seem to love the game "Chicken Invaders".
That's pretty cool.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the info. That is great for those allowed to book the rooms (I'm not)

applepopper

HSC
Uni Grad
i get tutored at a library because its like halfway for my teacher and me :)

1st in Business

HSC
study rooms in state library, or uts library and I'm sure other libraries should have them

choccie monster

HSC
University libraries are useful because they're usually noisy enough for you to get away with talking, but quiet enough for a decent amount of focus. They're good for my students because they're fairly easy to get to, and provide a pretty good learning environment, without all the distractions of home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)