Do state rankers usually get tutoring? (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I know some that did and some that didnt

Really no way of generalising tbh

nazfiz

HSC
Some of them would. But most of them are inherently talented at their specific subject and wouldn't require tutoring.

hayabusaboston

HSC
yes, say what you want, taking all factors into consideration, tutouring gives you the greatest push possible, one which you simply cannot achieve in the limited learning and teaching time per subject you have at school. An enormous percentage of 99.95'ers or 99+ in general come from tutouring places, but Talent 100 is by far the highest achieving, they had 7 99.95'ers in 2011 HSC. Over the years, something like 30 percent of talent 100 kids get above 99, 95 percent above 96. Thats pretty damn good for a tutouring school

zombies

HSC
yes, say what you want, taking all factors into consideration, tutouring gives you the greatest push possible, one which you simply cannot achieve in the limited learning and teaching time per subject you have at school. An enormous percentage of 99.95'ers or 99+ in general come from tutouring places, but Talent 100 is by far the highest achieving, they had 7 99.95'ers in 2011 HSC. Over the years, something like 30 percent of talent 100 kids get above 99, 95 percent above 96. Thats pretty damn good for a tutouring school
owow. do you go to talent?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
They also name people who left in year 6. They put the names up of anyone who attended at some point, regardless ofcwhether they got tutoring in year 12 or not.

Also I know someone who got 3 state ranks last year without any tutoring

hayabusaboston

HSC
owow. do you go to talent?
did 9hrs of testing on saturday to get into some "bright stars" program, which apparently has some extra benefits. Getting exam results in next two days, hopefully they accept me :D
no i dont go there yet, am hoping to go next term perhaps

hayabusaboston

HSC
They also name people who left in year 6. They put the names up of anyone who attended at some point, regardless ofcwhether they got tutoring in year 12 or not.

Also I know someone who got 3 state ranks last year without any tutoring

talent 100 only accepts kids from yr 9 and up lol. Indeed, i know a triple state ranker who had no tutouring, 99.6 ATAR even with a boyfriend lol. She sure had good time management. I was just answering the question, that state rankers are USUALLY tutored. not always obviously haha

zombies

HSC
did 9hrs of testing on saturday to get into some "bright stars" program, which apparently has some extra benefits. Getting exam results in next two days, hopefully they accept me :D
ohboy good luck with that. i went to talent last year.. unfortunately everyone else was a selective kid and they already seemed to know more than me, and combining that with the fact that im pretty lazy and didnt study, i completely failed all their topic tests/exams lol.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
The state rankers who I know got tutored all got private tutoring

hayabusaboston

HSC
The state rankers who I know got tutored all got private tutoring
the bright stars program is pretty much private tutouring, you get a frickin 100 UAI awesome super state ranker for, lets say, maths (like sen lin, 100 percent 3u and 100 percent 4u maths exams for 2008 HSC), and you have the tutour on call, you can go there anyday and get 1 on 1 help for as long as you need to I think.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
the bright stars program is pretty much private tutouring, you get a frickin 100 UAI awesome super state ranker for, lets say, maths (like sen lin, 100 percent 3u and 100 percent 4u maths exams for 2008 HSC), and you have the tutour on call, you can go there anyday and get 1 on 1 help for as long as you need to I think.
Getting a higher ayar doesnt make u a netter tutor

Being able to talk to people so that you can relate the concepts is more important.

Getting a great atar demonstrates u can absorb knowledge

Tutoring is givimg it to other people

hayabusaboston

HSC
Getting a higher ayar doesnt make u a netter tutor

Being able to talk to people so that you can relate the concepts is more important.

Getting a great atar demonstrates u can absorb knowledge

Tutoring is givimg it to other people
yea, dats why talent puts a lot of time and money into interviewing and picking out only the best combination of teaching skill and intellect.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I know someone who got a state rank without tutoring

fartman

HSC
Good luck! Were the tests hard? what did they test u on anyway?

acemusic415

HSC
Tutoring is such a waste of money. Every now and then is okay. Imo, if it's continuous I think it's a waste of money.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Most of them do, they go to top tutoring colleges such as Matrix Education. For English and Maths, it's mostly tutoring that creates the top state rankers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)