your opinion on tutoring... (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
both.
but when u add it all up, and compare it to something like a car or a house, its really jackshit.
and then look at ur uai (if ur proud of it) and imagine the uai u wudve got without tutoring. its a personal opinion really.

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
fine, if you genuinely have a problem with understanding the work you're doing in class.
no, if you're going to tutoring to cover work before the rest of your class (e.g. maths) and get an advantage that way. it seems that most of the time the people who go to tutoring are the ones who don't need it. learn at school, use your teachers and work hard at home - you'll do just as well and save your money.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I have never had tutoring and I got pretty high marks. If u r really struggling and your teacher can't help you all the time. But really depends on the type of person you are and your family and whether or not you can afford it, cause sometimes its quite expensive.

Sometimes it works for different ppl and not others.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
well, put it this way, i went to chem tutoring for half of yr 12
half yrly mark (b4 tutoring) ~40
trial mark (during tutoring) ~47
HSC mark (during tutoring) 64

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
If the tutors good, then it's worth it, although I have had some bad experiences, so I really don't like tutoring...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
depends on the type of tuition and the actual teacher as well

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
every1 seems to have maths tutor thoush i dont know any ppl with english tutors. i feel sorta bad coz i do 3 u eng. no focusing on it and stuff

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i reckon if ur at the level where u do 3u eng then an eng tutor would just be a waste of time...i find MOST eng tutors are useless...

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
What would an english tutor really do for you though? There aren't really any concepts to explain...

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
tutors are only good if you actually put them to good use. I go to tutor because i know that if i stay home in the time i go, then i will do absolutely nothing. yes it costs money, but i have help there when i need it. I put it to good use though, i dont bum around when i'm there. Its a place where i have to study and have to concerntrate unlike at home where theres distractions everywhere. I think moeny isnt a thing for me. as long as i am willing to learn, then my parents are willing to dish out for me. I think i have benefited from tutoring alot. I'm working at a standard that i want to be at :) It also depends on what tutors you have too whether you actually are motiveted/work. you need to have a good one who knows what theyre doing, otherwise you're just wasting your time. My school, i would expect alot of people go tutoring, if not then theyre those naturally smart people but even then, if you want to do well, then a tutor will help you alot because theyre giving you attention. i reccomend it if you want to do well, especially if that means spending for the final year of school

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
i personally haven't had tutoring, but if i was doing 4u maths or something i would probably feel compelled to get one. However the teachers at my school are always willing to help you in your studys or at lunch if you ask them nicely. I guess it depends on your school teachers, current grades, and financial status.

If you think you will go better if you get one, then by all means get one.

Sugar

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
tutors are only good if you actually put them to good use. I go to tutor because i know that if i stay home in the time i go, then i will do absolutely nothing. yes it costs money, but i have help there when i need it. I put it to good use though, i dont bum around when i'm there. Its a place where i have to study and have to concerntrate unlike at home where theres distractions everywhere. I think moeny isnt a thing for me. as long as i am willing to learn, then my parents are willing to dish out for me.
Same! ^

My mum makes me go to tutoring because she knows I don't do work at home, besides school work. My parents don't really care how much it costs, as long as it is helping me. :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
What would an english tutor really do for you though? There aren't really any concepts to explain...
itz just like coz i wanna do well and i spend so much time on maths, so mabe i should get an eng tutor or something to like help me write better i dunno

Wohzazz

HSC
All tutors are good if there are good. You get practice, and they being tutors, would of been successful in the subject they're teaching, so in a way that motivates you. And yes they make you work, you feel there is a need to work, so it worth it.
But overall, this probably depends on personal opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)