Tutoring in Year 12 (1 Viewer)

srsly_br0

HSC
N/A
Hesitant as to continue on with tutoring in Year 12. I feel like I should be more independent in the last year of high school. Does anyone have any advice?

DancingAnz

HSC
The only year I have ever used tutoring in year 12 :/
If you feel comfortable with certain subjects I'm sure you could drop a tutor, but if you still feel uncomfortable with some subjects I recommend you continue seeing a tutor for that subject! I know my marks in english would be quite mediocre this year if I didn't have a tutor...

madharris

HSC
N/A
If you feel as if tutoring will help you maximise your marks then there's no reason that you should stop
However if you feel like it's a waste of money and may actually be inhibiting your learning rather than encouraging it then you should stop

Don't feel as if you have to stop because it's year 12! Many kids actually only start tutoring in year 12 as they feel that tutoring will be beneficial to them

oyuck

HSC
Tutoring is a means by which you get feedback and YOU improve. It's like asking if you still need a class teacher. A tutor is just a private class teacher, dedicated to your needs and to help you identify and (hopefully!) overcome your weaknesses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)